“Under Construction”

Hampton Inn Tucson-North
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel quite a bit for business and I certainly understand that hotels have to make upgrades, etc. but I would have appreciated being told that the hotel was under construction. When I walked in, I really didn't know what was going on. The carpet was gone, workers coming & going, etc. I think when a reservation is being made, this information should be shared.
The hotel was fine, but not as nice as some other Hiltons I stay at. Just okay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lass423
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

You are right, you should have been told about our renovation project when you made your reservation, and I apologize for not doing so. We are telling everyone when they reserve directly with the hotel, and have made central reservations aware, but obviously the message is not being carried as it should. I appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family, and your understanding of our situation during your recent visit. I hope you will return and be pleased with the results.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. First of all the parking was inadequate. Had to park in a back lot and carry bags to door. It was at night and the parking area was not well lighted and signs saying park at your own risk. Well there was no other place to park. The room was clean but nothing special. The front desk person was friendly. The breakfast was very disappointing. We went down when there was still an hour and a half still left. The eggs were all gone and so was the bacon and we were told they would not be making anymore. Had to ask for the batter to make waffles since there was no eggs or bacon. The staff in the breakfast area did not seem too happy with my two chldren. Even though they were both well behaved and not noisy. The pool was suppose to be heated and it was not. It also had leaves and dead bugs floating in it. We had to request towels since thee were noneout near the pool. One set of guests were actually cutting their toenails and grooming themselves poolside and the staff saw it but said nothing. Thought that to be a little gross. Front desk staff was nice upon check out. I would not stay here again would go back to Embassy Suites or look for a Homewood Suites. This one was close to were my son needed to be in the morning.

Room Tip: They did not give us an option for choosing a room. I would be more concerned about parking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovesallanimals
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Tucson. I always enjoy hearing from our guests especially on areas open to improvement. I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us from parking to checkout. Please accept our apology for the substandard breakfast experience, we know how important a good breakfast is to starting your day and we regret not providing this for your family. I have taken your comments to our team to use as a reminder of how important every detail is for our guests and we will work harder to meet and exceed guest expectations moving forward. The next time you have the chance to travel back to the area. I do hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just left this hotel and thought I would share a few thoughts for the road warriors out there - I had a good stay and the service was definitely above average. It is a well kept property with all the usual Hampton amenities. I had a small issue with my alarm clock when I checked in however a desk clerk was able to set me straight - thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cal S
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad we were able fix your alarm clock, and that you were happy with the overall service and accommodations we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are in Tucson.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our stay was wonderful. The service and food was excellent. The rooms were spotless and the linen was spotless. The clerks at the front desk went our of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We needed a repair kit for my wife's glasses and sure enough they had one. We were given the item and was told we could keep it for future needs. Thank you for the best stay ever in a hotel on our trips. The location was perfect to tour the attractions in the area and the staff gave us a map and marked it up so we could fine them all easily. Again, Thanks Tucson North for a pleasureable stay. The rooms are very quiet and the A/C unit was not a problem with noise like other hotels.

Room Tip: I am handicaped and they made sure we were on the ground floor. Just tell them your needs and you a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas L
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your visit and nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here and in our area, and hope you will be back to do more here again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at the hampton just off the main highway. Traffic noise can be heard and also the odd
train, but the main noise problem is the air conditioning, really you need some ear plugs. Otherwise this hotel is really comfortable and clean. Staff exceedingly helpful. rooms clean and
have a sizeable fridge and microwave. The hotel chain is obsessed with saving the planet, and
the ubiquitous paper cups etc is really not necessary. A lot of waste is generated by using some
of these paper cups, and I might add, the ones we experienced, leaked. Plenty of choice for
breakfast, which was nice and hot. Beds very comfortable. Not the best surroundings for a swim
pool. OK for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bonnieone55
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write and share your comments. I'm sorry you were disturbed by the noise from the air conditioner, and were disappointed by the paper cups in the rooms. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Convenient location as just off the Freeway and a good place to stay if visiting the Desert Museum,Tucson Studios and the National park. The immediate surroundings however are not so good with few restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Pool area was good , complimentary breakfast was good and staff very helpful. We were a bit concerned about the car parking as the area looked a bit down at heal but we had no trouble

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lichfield2
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Thanks very much for your recent visit and nice comments. I'm glad you were happy with your decision to stay here and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you here again.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This summer my son and I did an unsupported bicycle trip across America - Florida to California, which took roughly 2 months. We stayed in different hotel/motel/inn every night. Our blog was www.cycleofalifetime.blogspot.com. After several weeks we noticed that there is a hierarchy in national chain hotels, with Hampton Inn's being the nicest, followed by Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn's and then Best Westerns. We were supposed to stay at the Comfort Inn in Tuscon, but when we got off the highway (I-10) we noticed the Hampton Inn was right there, whereas the Comfort Inn was 3 miles away. While an extra three miles may not seem like a big deal, we had just biked from Wilcox AZ - 85 miles in the month of August (which means it was hot as hell!). We also noticed there was a Waffle House across the street - always a good thing. The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly, the rooms and beds were great, the breakfast was superior to all other similarly priced hotels and the pool was clean and refreshing. If you want more info and pictures check out Day 41 of our blog www.cycleofalifetime.blogspot.com

Room Tip: Hampton Inn's are a bit more expensive than Comfort Inn's or Best Westerns. if you get a ra...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Elliot4321
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

WOW, what a great endeavor and trip! Mega congrats from everyone here for your colossal achievement, and thanks for choosing to stay with us during your adventure. Thank you too for taking the time to share your experience here and on your blog, for your support of Folds of Honor, and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. I'm sorry you missed out on the sandwich from the 5th Street Deli and will make sure you have one waiting for you if you let us know when you will be back.