“Nice Hotel Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon

Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
las vegas, nv
“Nice Hotel Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon for four nights while visiting relatives over the Thanksgiving holiday. This was our second stay at this hotel. Both times we have enjoyrd our stay. The hotel rooms are comfortable and claen. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rate was very reasonable and included breakfast . We really enjoy the courtyard layout of the hotel. I would recommend this property to anyone requiring lodging in the Tucson area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Hotel was pretty nice, clean... we were there for a surgery and didn't request a first floor room (our fault). There is only one elevator and it was on the opposite end of where our room was. So that was an inconvenience but something I'm sure could have been fixed if we pursued it. The breakfast was typical, waffles, eggs, cereal, and pastries. I personally thought they were a little slow with keeping it stocked but I ate well :) The pool is small but great for just going and floating around. Overall I thought the hotel was decent for the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon for two nights at the beginning of our two week vacation in late September, 2010. I chose the hotel because of the price and ratings, and I was not disappointed. I got a really good rate from the Comfort Suites website.

It is an unusual hotel. It is divided into three parts, as far as I could tell. Two sections had rooms clustered around a courtyard, and the third part was the lobby area. There was a fountain in the center of each of the sections with rooms.

The hotel is located at the end of a strip mall area. It is on the edge of Tucson, but that was OK with us. We had several places we wanted to visit in the Sonoran Desert, so location was not particularly important.

Our room was on the bottom floor, near an exit, which was very convenient. Our room, while on the small side and not a suite, was very clean and it was updated, too. We were very happy with the bed and the bathroom.

Everyone at the hotel was very nice to us, and later, when I discovered that I had left a book there, they sent it back to Ohio cheerfully.

We were happy to discover that we could walk to a nice restaurant, which we did on both nights that we stayed at the hotel. The restaurant was called the Eclectic Cafe, and it was very close. We really liked it. There were other restaurants across a busy street, but the Eclectic Cafe had vegetarian options, which we liked.

It was a very nice stay. I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Persnicketyanne
Bisbee, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

From the time I stepped into the front entrance until check out I was treated with utmost respect and professionalism. Tyson, who was operating the front desk, went the extra mile to insure our stay would be perfect. The room was very comfortable and spotless.
By my selecting a room toward the rear of the complex, I was totally isolated from any
street sounds and I was able to check my email with no effort what-so-ever.
In what I call "the cookie cutter world of lodgings" , this hotel had a nice touch of class.
Bravo!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank drjohn60
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Awesome hotel! Ricky, the General Manager of this hotel knows the meaning of customer service and always welcomes repeat business. Nice room, bed was very comfortable and very clean. Reminds me of an old mexican villa, really cute. The lobby is very welcoming and breakfast was better than average. If your a Choice hotels member, I would recommend this hotel without question!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Choice-MemberDiamond
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Interesting large adobe-bricked property that sits in a rather odd location at the very end of a strip mall parking lot off of Tanque Verde Blvd. Don't let this fool you as once you are inside it's a totally hacienda experience. Rooms are very roomy and comfortable and the beds are outstanding. Have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last quarter.

Massive breakfast in the super huge lobby area. Nicely done all around.

Will definitely be coming back soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WangCung
Chino Valley, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

Room was not clean. Carpets heavily stained. Tile in bathroom cracked and had holes. Shower head had large hole around it. Toilet leaked. Refrigerator quit working (ruined food we had in it). Was plugged into a splitter which had the ground cut off. The actual outlet in the wall was cracked and broken. Hot tub was hot the first night, then cold the next two nights. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business