Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights. Beds were nice and comfortable, room was spacious (booked a suite) and the breakfast had plenty of choices and there was lots of seating indoors and out. The hotel is near Sabino Canyon and Saguaro Park East. The price was reasonable. It is at the end of a strip mall but inside it is very private and quiet. There was plenty of parking and it is near many restaurants. The staff was very friendly. Will stay here again when in Tucson. The room had no safe which would have been nice. The hotel does have an elevator.

Room Tip: I always prefer an upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
tucsoncs, Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and you like our fabulous beds. .I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking and long walks.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here while visiting Tucson. The motel was very comfortable, quiet, clean and the staff was very nice. We loved the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was good. I will stay here again when visiting the Tucson area.

Room Tip: we had two rooms, one upstairs and one downstairs, both were quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our hacienda style hotel, and enjoyed our oversize pool and spa. I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have stayed at this property multiple times & it never disappoints. The staff is very friendly and the rooms very spacious. In the summer you will especially enjoy the fact that the rooms are tucked away in a shaded grove of trees. Plenty of restaurants and shopping close by & within walking distance. The only downside is that it's probably 7 miles off the freeway but if you have the few extra minutes it will take, it's worth the drive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Crisp24

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our hidden jewel in the dessert. I am glad you also liked our newly done rooms. We also offer a full deluxe hot breakfast buffet daily. Our pool and oversize spa is heated all year around for your pleasure. We also offer a wonderful social hour daily by our pool side.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The building is very plain, rectangular, brick, with rooms opening onto center courtyards. We reserved a room with queens and were given a King for the same price. My only complaint about the room is that there is no overhead light and the room was too dark. Spacious room, comfy bed, teeny toilet/bathtub/shower room. We even had a wide closet! TV was good, wifi was good. Breakfast was very good, with things like yogurt, fruit, cereal, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, omlets and sausage or bacon, breakfast burrito with egg and sausage, and more. The breakfast area is in the main lobby and the large pieces of furniture can make it almost impossible to walk around to the food. (People in wheelchairs fortunately had others in their party that could bring them breakfast.) The staff was very friendly. A nice feature is the daily "happy hour" in the covered area near the pool outside the main lobby: pretzels and chips for free, inexpensive beer, wine, margaritas. There are several tables set up and people tended to meet up there and visit quietly. There is an elevator available to reach the second floor, but you still have to push open some doors to get to the different wings. There is lots of free parking, but there is only one little ramped area to the front sidewalk curb for wheelchairs or rolling suitcases. I would definitely recommend staying here and will do so the next time I am in Tucson.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jlrmac
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was our first stay at Comfort Suites, we travel to Tucson quite a bit with my daughter at the University. I can't believe it took me so long to find this hotel! When you first arrive you wonder if you made a good decision ( Its in a strip mall parking lot) However walk through the doors and you will be delighted. The courtyards are beautiful with fountains, blooming plants....The beds are something you expect in much higher priced hotels. Rooms are immaculate, breakfast makes the stay a great deal! The best part of the stay is the staff, they could write a book for other hotels on customer service, we travel quite a bit and we were very impressed. We have already booked a future stay and will recommend this hotel to family and friends staying in Tucson.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2014

One of the dirtiest exteriors I have ever seen at a Choice Hotel, or any hotel for that matter. I wish I had taken a picture of my 'patio' area that was on the edge of a Big Lots parking lot.Our room was spacious and clean enough, but felt like a basement suite with one small window. One door entered from the courtyard and another exited to the little 'patio', which had a 20 year old plastic chaise lounge chair, gravel and garbage laying all over. That door could not be unlocked so be careful if you step outside without your key.
When we checked in at 11pm the pool had screaming children. I asked what time they closed the pool and they said when they got noise complaints.
Check out served up a scruffy looking inattentive young man busy with his cell phone while trash laid all around the area. Then I discovered an additional 'resort fee'.
Nice sounding name, don't be fooled.

Room Tip: go elsewhere....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank worldtravelers99
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This place is a hidden gem.
I have stayed here two times in the last month. Traveling 200 days a year, I'm hard to impress. This place is just great!

The layout consists of four courtyards. Each having a fountain and sitting area. They are enclosed on four sides and the roof is open to the sky. All the rooms face the courtyard. All four courtyards are joined by a short hallway. In the center, there is the lobby, pool, hot tub, bar, etc.
Even though this is a great part of town, all of the courtyard entrances have wrought iron locked gates for security.

The people who work here are always friendly and willing to help. The housekeeping staff is great as well. They always speak when you pass them. Everyone is so friendly here.

The breakfast is not the typical "choice hotel" spread. They have all kinds of hot food as well as heathy options. Everything seems to be made fresh each day.
There is some of the best coffee I've had available 24/7 in the lobby.

At night they have a little "happy hour" by the pool. Drinks are crazy cheap.

Both times I've stayed here I booked a "suite" it's only a few dollars more and gives you a nice sitting area, wet bar, etc.
The televisions, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning, lighting, etc. are all up to date and modern.

On to the beds. The beds I have had we're new. Not just new, but high quality. The linens were all the type you would find in a Hilton or Marriott property. I slept very well.

All of the common areas like the courtyards were perfectly clean and overall nice. The entire hotel was dead quiet. Even in my downstairs room, I never heard a peep out of anyone.

Don't be afraid of this place. I love it here and will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you have trouble with stairs, as there is only one elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo