“range of impressions”

Ranked #41 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Battle Ground, WA USA
“range of impressions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I use Comfort Suites a lot. They have a "happy hour" with inexpensive (not free) beer and mixers, free chips and pretzels. Breakfast was excellent with real scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, fruits, and more. However, I was disappointed that the motel is at the end of a strip mall on a busy street. i booked this property thinking it would be out of town, in or near a canyon. It's near a canyon, but in a strip mall lot. This also means it will take a long time to get back into town or back on to the freeway. Has a very rustic feel. Does not have the same look and feel as other Comfort Suites. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We ended up staying at this lovely hotel by accident. Due to some issues booking with another hotel, we decided to save some money and book at the Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon. We were not expecting much but a clean place and a decent bed for the price listed. (A low $69.99). We were so surprised when we walked in at how charming this hotel really is! From the outside it appears to be a brick cube sharing a parking lot with a Big Lots. Inside, however, is a whole different story. The second we walked in we were greeted with the warmest, friendliest staff I think we've ever experienced at any hotel (and we travel a LOT). The high ceilings host gorgeous wood beams and the soft lull of the fountain in the main lobby was relaxing and inviting for two tired travelers.

Our room, overlooking a beautiful outdoor courtyard, was immaculate. We expected the bathroom fixtures and some of the decor to need updating, being that it was an older hotel, so that was not an issue for us. The bed was sooooo comfy and we slept better than we could have hoped for. The cleanliness and the thoughtfulness we experienced at this hotel was just wonderful. Attention to the details was evident everywhere. The management has a note for each guest room that offers a blessing over your stay, your visits with friends, families etc. and that the work you may be doing while staying under their roof prospers. They state that they are not solely about earning revenue but also offering true hospitality. THAT, I can tell you, was definitely felt!

The hotel has a great pool and hot tub outdoors in the main courtyard. In the evening on certain days there's a wonderful happy hour at the pool bar where draft beer is $1 and Blue Moon (my personal favorite) $1.50. The pool and bar area is lit with white lights. LOADS of charm here!!

Last, the breakfast! Not your average powdered eggs and boring food here! (There was only one day we experienced this and it must have been when the lovely Carmen wasn't overseeing the breakfast shift). We found hot scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese, burritos, waffles and a great selection of the typical continental breakfast (cereals, fruits, yogurt, muffins, toast).

All in all, we were thrilled to have discovered such a hidden gem in Tucson. The hotel was great and the staff was even better. For $69.99 we hit the jackpot! Considering we visit Tucson often, we now have found our home away from home and will not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I by-passed this hotel a while back for the Ramada opposite, a big mistake. I had a suite (218), a corner room that faced the car park, so what - it was quiet and I like to see my car anyway., It had good natural light and not a sound at night. Spacious room, comfy bed and a wet bar to make snacks etc rather than eat out constantly. All staff very friendly and helpful, especially Julia (she's lovely) and Alfred both are very professional Even the support staff (Aman?) had a friendly greeting and everyone remebred my name which is good. Guests were an older age group and tended to chat with each other.

Hot tub was HOT, pool was clean as was entire hotel. Very relaxing. Breakfast was good, good choice, varied daily. Snacks for free at night in the Happy Hour before dinner was always welcome, especially after a late lunch.

I am NOT easily pleased so to find a hotel where all went as expected, with decent food and good friendly staff is a welcome surpise.

All in all I stayed there several times over a three week period. Forget the car park, Big Lots etc etc you don't stay in those places do you. I had NO problems with security of car or room. It is certainly NOT the worst hotel ever by any means!

Only sore point - and this is NOT the hotel itself - is the time it takes for Reward points to come through from the Company.

Room Tip: Rooms 112 and 114 avoid, they are dark, you need lights on all the time.. Room 218 and other suites...
Thibodaux
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a room for the entire family with our three sons and my wife. This is a nice part of Tucson - not like by the I-1o.
The interior court yard and pool were well kept. Too bad customer appreciation closed early but still got some pretzels. Rooms were nice.The gate system was nice not to allow access without a key. Breakfast was OK but they got to rid of the box rubber eggs.

Room Tip: Always take 2nd floor rooms less wear and tear
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brownsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place was great! It's in a convenient location, has clean rooms and terrific service! We had the free breakfast every morning, which had very good variety considering the value price of the room. Our room was around a pretty little courtyard with a fountain. The front desk staff was perfect, and the housekeeping crew actually respected our 'do not disturb' sign (this is unusual in our experience). Next time we're in Tucson, this is where we'll be!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Surprise. This property at Sabino Canyon is acutally in the Big Lots parking lot with a cleaners at the front door (seriously). This is not what I was expecting from the photos and name. Checked in and Julia was great. She strongly requested I take the map to find my room. Wow! Who the hell numbered this place & designed it. I took the map and wandered around to find my room through all the quads. Then I took the map as I left for dinner to find my way out. If a fire occurred, I'd probably burn in this place. Do Not let your elderly parents stay here as they'll be totally confused by the numbering system and series of quads. I'm still shaking my head as to what the building design team was thinking when they drew up the plans for this placel.
The room was dark with '70's green walls, horrible yellow comforters from the same era, and dirty green carpet from an industrial building. The bed had a "U" shape but wasn't too bad.
I'd really like to see Choice stop jacking guests around and remodel and update as the decades change. I never know what I'm getting with a Choice property. I always know what I'm getting at a Hampton, HIE, McDonalds, etc. Choice just has no consistency. It's always a big surprise. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing Big Lots & the cleaners for round the clock entertainment.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

PLEASE, I warn you with all my heart never ever go to this hotel!!!! :( My work company set me up here for a week for training and over 13 items of my "nice expensive clothing" was robbed from me on my last night of stay. I was devastated! My work uniform was left untouched, my pajamas, untouched... BUT my nice expensive clothing was robbed from me! I contacted the so called "manager" about the issue and he insisted his employees would never do such a thing. I can understand maybe one or two clothing items missing here and there, but i'm talking all my best dresses/shirts/shaws & yes, even leggings taken from me. All I am saying is PLEASE choose any hotel but this one unless you got a lock safe for your belongings! Tell all your friends cause till this day my corporation refuses to do any further business with them! If you need any further proof or verification or have similar results please email me so we can build up a case against these thieves! E-mail me at Luv4nevaeh7@yahoo.com Thank you and best wishes :/

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business