“Wonderfully relaxing stay”

Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After a terrible experience at the Econo Lodge on our first night in Tucson we arrived at Comfort Suites early in the morning and were met by a really lovely young woman who was able to give us a good price and check us straight into a room that was ready. Her attitude was indicative of the great service we would receive during the remainder of our stay at Comfort Suites.

Our decent sized king room was clean, fully equipped (TV, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board etc) and very quiet giving us probably the best sleep of our two weeks in the States. The grounds of the hotel are very nice with an outdoor pool and hot tub that are open until 9pm. There is also a little bar that does happy hour 6-8pm though on the Sunday it seemed to be 5-8pm. Cans of lager are $1, margarita (out of a bottle but still ok!) is $3 and there are free chips and salsa. We had a couple of really enjoyable evenings relaxing with a few drinks in the hot tub and there seemed to be live music in the restaurant area too which added to the atmosphere of the place.

The breakfast is included in the room rate and there was loads of choice including scrambled eggs, bacon and even a waffle making machine - just another thing that added to the great value of the hotel. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, ask and the staff will happily recommend places for you to try - they also gave us vouchers for half price meals at a nice little cafe across the car park.

Although Comfort Suites is not in the centre of Tucson it is only a short drive and very easy to find. It is also well located for other activities such as horse riding in the Saguaro NP which was one of the highlights of our holiday.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay in the beautiful Tucson.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ftm194
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed a wonderful night sleep in one of our spacious king room. I am also very happy to hear you were able to our pool side happy hour which is offered daily. Our guest also like the fact we are located on restaurant row, where one has many choices of different cuisine to choose from..

Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Tucson, Sabino Canyon Comfort Suites in January 2013 and it was a wonderful exprerience. The staff was always gracious and friendly and went out of their way to greet me, to answer questions and to deal with the few minor issues that came up. The room was exceptionally clean and well made-up and the minor but distant noises I did hear were not distracting nor disturbing to my sleep. The only possible complaints I could have was that there was no clock in the room and the eggs/bacon at breakfast were pretty pathetic, but everyone thing else was fantastic. I'd happily stay at this hotel again. The price was a terrific value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel with 4 water fountain courtyards. I am also glad you enjoyed a wonderful night sleep in our spacious rooms.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff was wonderful, complimentary breakfast was fine, room was large and clean. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it was a great value for our purpose (we were visiting friends and did not spend much time here) and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our, Hacienda style hotel. I am very please to hear your stay with us was relaxing and enjoyable.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

After a day at the Arizona-Sonora desert Museum and driving through the Saguaro National Park West we heaed to our room. From the hotel photos we saw on the web we thought this hotel was in a quiet, remote location. The hotel is located in a very busy area with lot's of businesses around. Once you get inside it is very peacful and decorated quite nicely. When we checked in we put our stuff in our room and then went down by the pool for some cheap $2 beer, $3 margaritas, free pretzels, chips and salsa. Afterwards we went to the check-in desk to ask for a reccomendation for dinner. We were looking for Mexican/Southwest since it was out last night and they suggested Guadalahara. Great food with salsa made right at your table! Upon our return we had a very quiet nights sleep in our king bed. Next morning we had the free breakfast and headed to Saguaro National Park East before flying back home. We paid $63.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken G
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our "Hidden Jewel ", Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed a wonderfull night slepp in our king bed room. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed our happy hour by the pool, which is offered dayily.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent 6 nights here in early Dec. because of the illness of a family member. Everything was perfect. The staff is VERY friendly and accommodating. The breakfast had an omlette unlike other hotels which offer scrambled eggs. The facility has open courtyards which we found so pretty in December since we are from Minnesota. Also, the Christmas decorations were beautiful. We highly recommend the Comfort Suites in general and the Sabino Canyon location in particular.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel. Our Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am very happy to hear you had a great stay and you had a chance to enjoy our beautifull setting of the courtyard and enjoyed our christmas decor.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We spent 3 nights here recently in a suite with 2 doubles and a pull out sofa. Loved the hot tub and pool as the weather was rainy and cold the whole time. The kids spent most of the time in the pool and it was a very nice temperature.
The location is a bit 'strange', it doesn't look quite right for a hotel. Once you find the lobby (it doesn't face the road) it is really quite nice.
Breakfast in the morning was good. Lots of choices and a good chance to fill up until lunch time.
The only complaint was the pull out sofa-bed was really uncomfortable, but then again, when aren't they?
Would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel. Our Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed our spacious suites with a sofa bed, which is offered in all our suites. I am very pleased to hear your kids also enjoyed our outdoor heated pool in the rain.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed in the King Suite (it was only $5 more than a regular king room) It was worth it for the extra space with a small sofa, dining table and seperate sink from the bathroom. Our room over looked the pool and hottub courtyard, which both looked very inviting except it was a little to cold for us to take advantage of them the night we were in town. "Happy Hour" was perfect because we were very tired after a very long day of driving and sight seeing so it was nice to go downstairs and unwind and grab a few cheap drinks and snack on some chips and salsa since we were to worn out to go anywhere. If the weather was better it would've been perfect to decompress with a drink in the pool/hottub. Breakfast was ok with omelets, bacon, waffles, cereal, yogurt, etc.
I was concerned that some of the reviews mentioned it being in a strip mall which I thought was odd but once we got into the lobby and checked in and seen our rooms all of that was forgotten and I don't think it affected our stay at all.
My one and only small complaint is that the pillows are square. I would've slept better if I had a rectangular pillow that I'm use to always have had slept with all my life. While there were plenty of pillows, I just found them awkward.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our "Hidden Jewel ", Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed our spacious suites with a sofa bed, which is offered in all our suites. Our happy hour by the pool side which is offered daily for your enjoyment.