Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
$125
$107
$158
$140
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$79
$179
$159
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$88
$206
$222
$178
  • Pool
Omni Tucson National Resort(Tucson)
$199
$139
Hotels.com
All reviewsstrip mallhappy hourbig lotsyogurtchips and salsacoffee machineking suitestay there againtanque verdepool and hot tubfree breakfastan older hotelvisit tucsonthe breakfast areachecking inpleasant staymini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Spouse & I booked this hotel the night before stay date while traveling home from Sedona vacation. First of all this hotel is terribly far from the highyway and the surrounding neighborhoods are ugly borderline shady. Beware they are located in an unpleasant shopping area adjacent to Big Lots and a dry cleaners. The hotel is surrounded by a black jail like gate which left us wondering even more if the area was seedy. Once inside it isnt bad. The spanish style fountains are one of the only nice things. The rooms are dim, plain, tiny bathroom (but clean). We brought our small dog and paid extra $25 fee for night. Wifi was free but connection terrible- no ipad movie watching was possible. AC terribly loud. Walls ridiculously thin and could hear other guests. Brkfst included-plain. Consider MAYBE if just using as quick late night stop to sleep only. Military discount avail.

• Stayed: September 2012
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The only weird thing is that it's just off the parking lot to a strip mall.

The good things: clean room, polite staff, decent breakfast (nothing special, just basics, but good). I liked the garden atmosphere inside the hotel (all rooms are entered from a courtyard in the middle of hotel, so rooms don't face the parking lot). Almost as good as a hotel costing $20 more.

Has widescreen TVs. The bed was a little soft to my taste, but others will like the softer mattress.
The room temperature was controlled by THERMOSTAT (so I could set an exact temperature) instead of having to adjust a dial on a cooling unit hit-and-miss. Nice touch!

Room Tip: Inside rooms without exterior windows (except pointing into the courtyard) are quitest.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Owen50

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the uniqueness of our hotel.

Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service to all our guests, every time! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your kind words.

Once again, thank you for the kind words & we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hubby and I booked our hotel based on reviews from TripAdvisor. I was unsure of the property based on the outside appearance, but the lobby and the grounds were absolutely fabulous! Our hotel room was spacious and newly updated...mattress was faboo. Breakfast was better than average with mini omlettes and bacon. The courtyard concept was absolutely fabulous...enjoying my coffee watching the birds around the courtyard fountain was...just an absolute joy. We will most DEFINITELY stay here again!

Cons-.It sounded like there were elephants walking across the upstairs room, though they stopped right around 9pm. Ask for an upstairs room. There was one desk clerk...while he was so very friendly, it took a long time to check in between the snowbirds in front of us and the constantly ringing phone. Lady at happy hour window seemed bored and uncontent...this is a great opportunity for a people person to engage guests, but she acted like she didn't care and didn't want to be there. Off the beaten path, it's a little bit of a drive from the I-10, so be prepared. Breakfast area is a little hard to navigate inside as the tables are a little smashed together so chairs constantly block what little walking area they have.

Pros--Quiet location--once the elephants upstairs stopped traipsing around and same said elephants stopped screaming from the upstairs to their friends downstairs, it was enjoyable. Breakfast was better than average with "everything" mini omlettes and bacon. Mattress was extremely comfortable. Room was well ventilated and didn't have 'hotel room smell' that sometimes lingers from the cleaners that are used to disinfect rooms.

Room Tip: Book an upstairs Room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks you for taking the time in writing a review about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am also very pleased you were able to enjoy our deluxe hot breakfast buffet. i am also very happy to hear you enjoyed hacienda style hotel, and our wounder full courtyards with water fountain.Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a great place to stay and we were nicely suprised they had a happy hour that included snacks and drinks for a minimal price, by the lovely pool and hot tub. Extremely clean and staff was friendly and very accomodating. Jolene, one of the staff members went out of her way to accommodate us and we appreciated all her help and friendliness. We will be back!

Room Tip: Our room was inside the courtyard and peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori F

Thanks you for taking the time in writing a review about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am also very thrilled you were able to enjoy our Hacienda style hotel, and our wounder full courtyards with water fountain.I am also pleased to hear you were able to join us for happy hour which is offered daily by the pool side.
Our guests also love our location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The good stuff: The suites are very nice and roomy and comfortable with good ventilation (my number one thing!), a 5 star value I think. The hotel is very pretty and rather unique. The breakfasts are better than average. The people are friendly.

The bad stuff:

The cheap rooms are pretty dark and dismal, and...

Some of the more disreputable motels in this chain try to make an extra buck by slipping in an "optional" safe charge, but this place goes a step further and slips in something they call a "Green Tax", making it look like just another one of the endless taxes that are placed on hotel stays, but it is also "optional" and they will remove it if you ask them to, but almost no one will notice it. This is the only motel I've come across that does it. It shouldn't be legal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bensonarizona

Thanks you for taking the time in writing a review about your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am also very happy you were able to enjoy our Hacienda style hotel, and our wounder full courtyards with water fountain. Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking. We are one of the few hotels in the country which are going green. We are using all eco friendly chemical to clean, which helps to save our environment from harm. We would also like to thank you for helping us to save our beautiful environment.