Tucson Marriott University Park
$81
Doubletree.com
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$84
$71
$124
$95
La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$500
$71
AscendHotels
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$89
$64
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$114
$149
  • Restaurant
$107
$101
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationparking garagewithin walking distancerestaurants and barsnice hotelper daybusiness centerlobbyuofaatriumvaletuaconferenceproximity
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was in Tucson for a large training conference in January. Great location, clean rooms, nice views, and FANTASTIC staff. The front desk staff is friendly and efficient, even when I asked multiple questions and had some special requests. The manager was awesome in helping me locate a missing package that I had shipped there via UPS. The waitstaff in the restaurant was fantastic in their knowledge and refilling drinks, clearing plates, etc. The absolute best was our bartender, Jason Morris at the lobby bar.

As I said in the opening, we were a large group with over 200 attendees. Jason remembered our drinks when we went back after the first day, was always prompt, correct and was simply a joy to have serve us!

Pros: staff, location, amenities, cleanliness.
Cons: food not great, have to pay for wireless in rooms, though its free in lobby

I would return here even when not on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, and for one that has a balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ladyupnorth03
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I shared your comments with the staff and they were very pleased that you found their service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again very soon. Happy New year!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here in order to walk to the UA Stadium for the ASU-UA game the day after Thanksgiving. I lived in Tucson in the past and really don't know of any hotel with such an ideal location for such an event. You can walk the campus, plenty of family oriented restraurants that serve good drinks, tap beer and okay food. But I have to give the Marrriot only an average for the following reason: the place is cheap!

By cheap, I mean, they kind of nickle and dime you. Want a rollaway? "$15.00." WiFi: "oh yeah, we have it, for a fee." Parking? "the garage next door is usually open for a fee, sometimes free, hopefully not full." They do have valet that is really worth the cost for this reason, but what a bunch of goof balls working it. Did they hire the rejects from Gentle Ben's? There are only two elevators for the entire hotel (no ground floor units) and they are super slow. There is no stairway in the evening so feel free to hurry up and wait.

The room was okay, but could have been cleaner. It was a bit dated, but we were there for the game so it served a great purpose. However, the atrium style of design lends to a noisy evening post-game and post bar closure.

The front desk staff was very good. The restaurant was also very good. We did not visit the lounge area but the folks there seemed to be enjoying themselves.

In short, this is a very good place to stay if you plan on spending some time on campus: ball games; parent's weekeend; homecoming; student orientation; whatever. Otherwise, there are good handful of other places I'd stay at in Tucson over TMUP.

Go Cats!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Zonie083
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments and I hope you enjoyed the ASU-UA game in Tucson. Regarding parking in the area there is a charge because we do not own the garage and we rent spaces for our guests in the U of A owned garage, in addition most of the streets surrounding the University are metered which creates a premium for parking. We do also charge for WI-Fi which is a Marriott full service hotel standard, the reason for the charge is that every year we put a major capital investment into expading bandwidth because the averge guestrom uses 2.3 devices which require internet. Most guests compare a hotel to their local coffee shop where there may be ten internet device working at one time, the fact is if we did not invest substantially into expanding our internet offerings most guests would not be able to log on at all. We will continue to monitor our internet offerings to give our guests as many options as possible.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in December 2012. The location is good. Close to restaurants on campus. The staff was very friendly. It was chilly in our room and we couldn't get the heat to work the first night we were there. They sent up an engineer and he fixed the problem right away. The way the hotel is built, you get a lot of noise coming from the lobby when there are events going on in the hotel. Luckily I was really tired and it didn't really bother me too much. Parking was a problem, so I just paid to have my car valeted. It was worth not dealing with the hassle.

Our bed was comfortable and this establishment actually uses decent soaps and shampoos. The towels were a bit scratchy. All in all it was an average stay. Nothing exciting and no problems to report. I slept well and that counts for something.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and had a tiny view of the mountains, but mostly the roof. Plus you could hear noise from the lobby. I would recommend a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize for your heat not working the first night and I'm pleased that our Engineer was able to rectify that problem for the rest of your stay. I hope you have a great New Year and hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am a Marriott Rewards Gold member and my wife is Platinum. I stayed here with my wife who was on business and we both found this to be one of the worst of the full service Marriott hotels we have ever been at. Housekeeping was poor - there was a 9v battery on the floor for 4 days - never cleaned or picked up. The heat did not work (We froze the first night). the TV did not work for 3 days and wireless did not work for 1 - We had to call maintenance every day! The wireless makes you log in every time your shut off your smartphone - annoying. The concierge room has the worst food of any Marriott either of us have stayed at. If you do not HAVE to stay in this area (near the U), I recommend anywhere else. I stayed at the Courtyard Williams Centre before and it was infinitely better, even with the short drive involved.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank drichrx
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

We are sorry for your experience with the heater and the Manager you notified of that issue should have offered to move you to another room if they did not. Upon further investigation the thermostat was bad and needed to be changed out. In regards to your television issues, these are new flat screen Marriott approved televisions and we have had some programing issues with them that we are working through and most of these issues have been corrected.

The internet format we use from our service provider is very common in the industry but I have inquired to see if we can change that. In regards to the food served in the concierge lounge we try to constantly change the offerings so they do not get routine and quite often get compliments on our concierge lounge food and service. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and have asked him to personally make sure that the quality of our food remains excellent.

We realize that your experience was not what you have come to expect from Marriott and I assure you it is not a typical experience at the University Park Marriott. I appreciate your constructive comments and will put them to good use. I hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again to demonstrate to you that our hotel does deliver exceptional service.

Have a great Holiday Season.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I tried this hotel once because of the great location even though it is far more expensive than other nearby hotels - never again.

The parking situation is a nightmare, the structure across the street from the hotel which is annoying in and of itself. But on top of that, they require that cars have a piece of paper on the dash so after you park, you have to go inside, get the paper from the front desk and then go back outside, across the street... terrible. The hotel was kind enough to charge me for parking for my entire stay but didn't code the parking ticket properly so I couldn't get out of the garage. Had to back my car the wrong way out of the garage exit, park, walk back across the street.... the front desk person did not even apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, while I stayed there, the hotel had a huge private event, on a weeknight and did not see fit to warn guests that there would be no parking and excessive noise late into the evening (the party was in the hotel atrium so the noise was audible in my hotel well past 11pm). Again, no apology from the staff when I pointed out that a little notice would have been appreciated.

Very poorly run hotel. It is clear that they think they get enough business by virtue of their location that they don't have to bother to please clients (I have Marriott's top status - didn't help)

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank blueboxes
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I am truly sorry that your experience with parking for the University Park Marriott did not meet your expectations. Since we do not own the parking garage and lease spaces from the University we do have to abide by the owners rules. We do instruct our desk clerks that when they give you the ticket to display on your dash of your car that you do so by 11PM. This is a common practice in parking garages but I will meet with the University and see if we can modify the procedure.

From time to time we do have functions in our lobby but we endeavor to keep the noise level to a minimum and to discontinue the functions by 11PM. In this instance some of our patrons obviously were louder than they should have been and we apologize for that. Thank you for your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve.