Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel
$108
Aloft.com
$158
$119
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$84
$62
$190
$169
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
$116
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$75
$180
$139
  • Restaurant
$97
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationopen atriumlarge atriumparking garagewithin walking distancerestaurants and barsnice hotelper daybusiness centerbit datedmini fridgelobbyuofavaletuaconference
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was not expecting a nice hotel so close to the U of A campus. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean, comfy and large. I go to Tucson at least once or twice a year, so I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed are facility and staff during your stay. I encourage our returning guests to make their reservations as early as possible because of our location next to the University of Arizona there are many times during the year that our availability is limited. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is basically the only reasonable major hotel option within walking distance of the University of Arizona. It's in good condition, spacious rooms, and the usual nice but overpriced breakfast. When I checked out there was an issue with someone else's incidental charge put on my room. It took at least 10 minutes to get that resolved. The waitress pressured me into getting the breakfast buffet when I wanted one of the very few cheaper options. The elevators are extremely slow at rush hours, and the stairs don't lead to the lobby, so even if you're on a lower floor, you can't walk down the stairs and need to wait for the elevator. Being in Tucson, there are lovely room views! I've stayed here a couple times and it's a fine place.

Room Tip: The atrium can generate noise at night from the bar, so upper level rooms are better, plus have better views. Though the elevator time is worse.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We appreciate your kind words. I am sorry that it took ten minutes for your disputed charge to be taken off your bill and I have instructed the Front Desk Associates to try and be more efficient with these kind of issues. The vast majority of our guests who order breakfast in our restaurant do order the buffet but certainly are not obligated to as we do have menu options available. The Restaurant Manager has reviewed with the staff the proper procedure of presenting all options to our patrons. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a nice Marriott and it couldn't be in a better location (adjacent to the U. of A.). Their rates do spike up when there are university events, though, because it's the only decent hotel this close to the campus. The former Sheraton Four Points (which was "iffy") is nearby on Speedway and currently being renovated to become an Aloft Hotel, so that'll be an option soon. Parking at this Marriott is in a ramp garage across the street, but it's close (there's also a valet option). Nice breakfast in the concierge lounge, eager/helpful check-in people at the front desk, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here while in between work trips in Southern Az. I liked that the room was clean, and the layout was excellent. The bed was comfortable and I ordered breakfast that was excellent. The staff were courteous and helpful. I used the Valet and their services were spot on. The location is perfect, its in the heart of Tucson and near anything and everything. Resort like accommodations. The structure of the hotel is beautiful and the reservation was exactly as I booked on their web site.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to fill out this review. I have passed your kind words on to the staff and hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband and kids while moving one of my kids into the University of Arizona. I had a suite which was 2 rooms. We had a king bed in one room and a queen sofa bed in the other room with a fridge. The sofa bed was comfortable for my kids. The fridge defrosted during the night which caused the carpet to be wet and they moved us to a suite on the lounge floor at no charge. The lounge floor includes breakfast and snacks at night. The bathroom was very nice too. The bed & down feather pillows were very comfortable. The front staff were wonderful.

Room Tip: Get a suite or a room on the lounge floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff. We have many families stay with us while visiting family members at the University of Arzona. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you many times over the next several years! It's our pleasure.