“really nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Tucson Marriott University Park
Ranked #54 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“really nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Really nice hotel, one staff member was a bit curt, when i tried mailing a post card and other than the phone next to bed not working, it was a nice hotel. i had a nice view from my window, and the staff was accomadating when we tried checking in early.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
TucsonMarriott, Director of Sales at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
It's great to see our team accommodated the early check in request and that you enjoyed the views. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was just here for conference. It's a perfectly nice Marriott. Anyone who travels will know exactly what that means. I loved that there were actual balconies with doors that open up. It was good to get some fresh air. They do charge for internet service for regular guests, it appears but we were given free internet service with our stay (there were a LOT of us)

I had a few minor issues- the air-conditioning in my room was directed so that it hit exactly where I was sitting at the desk. I don't like air being blown down on me, especially cold air so for the most part I left the a/c off. Also, because of the Atrium setup, it can get loud while the bar area was opened. It quieted down quickly after the bar closed for the evening.

Staff seemed nice and were wearing their uniforms- saw no brastraps here! (see post, below)- the cleaning people were unobtrusive and did a nice job.

The hotel itself seems close to lots of stuff- we didn't really have time to get out and explore too much but there was a brewery and a few restaurants and shops right next to the hotel. Would have liked to see more of Tucson but that's the downside of a business trip. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

great location, clean nice friendly walk to campus

Room Tip: had a balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

When we checked in we were using gift cards and were assured that only $50 would be authorized on my credit card and of course they authorized $550. I was staying one night! The manager on duty was dressed in a tank top with her bra strap showing- tacky! She seemed bothered to help with gift cards and proceeded to tell me to just deal with it in the morning. I booked a room with a balcony on the top floor- I did not get one. For $300 a night I expect my requests to be met- none were. No extra towels, no extra pillows- why ask if you don't honor? I finally got my balcony and my daughter went outside and stepped on a bunch of nasty cigarette butts- EWWW. The food and beverage offerings are a joke. It was the servers first day and we had to ask for everything. For $150 a meal I expect quality service and food- I received neither. I wish I could forget this night ever happened. Next time I will stay at the JW for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank kathrynp816
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Mr. Otha Taylor has excellent customer service and went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We needed sleep after having to leave a previous hotel because of the guys partying all night next door. We were exhausted and even though the hotel was essentially full, he made special arrangements for us to have a nice room. He is always kind and considerate. His first class service is like that of the Nordstrom company. Every time we stay at this Marriott, his service makes you want to come and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Perfect location to walk to the basketball arena and other campus venues. The room was nicely appointed (comfortable bed) and the balcony was actually big enough to sit on. Because there are several bar/restaurants within walking distance, there's no need for a designated driver.

The shower water was overly softened, for my taste, and the pressure a little weak, and it seems like hotel sinks never want to drain.

We didn't eat in the hotel, and didn't use the pool or fitness center, but the hotel lobby was attractive and clean. The valets were friendly and helpful. Honestly Marriott, no free wireless in the rooms?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
TucsonMarriott, Director of Sales at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Marriott Tucson University Park. It's great to see that you enjoyed our proximity to the University of Arizona which is an easy walk from our lobby and University Boulevard also within walking distance. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Prairie Land USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

***** AAA This is the hotel for great value, customer service and friendly staff.
Beautiful clean rooms, wonderful bubbly hot tub and large heated swimming pool. Parking structure directly across the street! The bar serves great food if you do not want to go to the main restaurant. Central to U of A with many dining options. SO worth the money!
The staff is always available to serve. What a great place to feel at home away from home in.
Safe, secure, spacious, clean, and strong shower pressure! Thank you Marriott for making our stay worth the money.

Room Tip: ask and ye shall receive
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank P S
Thank you for the great review. I've shared your comments with the entire team. What a great compliment "feel at home away from home" which is what we strive for with each and every guest interaction.