“Not the standard I expect from Hilton”
Review of Hilton Tucson East

Hilton Tucson East
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed two nights in mid-August. This is a large hotel, and it is nowhere near the heart of the city - they don't hide that fact, but as a Tucson newbie I was surprised just how far it is from downtown. You certainly can't walk anywhere. On the first night, after driving all day I wanted to avoid driving downtown for dinner. The front desk told me it would cost $30 one way for a taxi to the city center. So we drove, and it was 20 minutes at least.

I was disappointed by many factors... the very dated decor, tiny bathroom, *thunderously loud* air conditioner units, only one elevator working the duration of our stay (really? no elevator repair service in Tucson?). It seemed the window had not been cleaned for a very long time, but the room appeared well kept. We stayed on the seventh floor with access to the executive lounge. It's hard to complain about free drinks/snacks/breakfast, but it didn't meet the standard set in other hotels with similar "exclusive" services.

That said, the price was right at just $95/night on executive level. I got what I paid for, and did sleep soundly (with earplugs). So this was an affordable stay, but nothing special in any way.

1  Thank jameskul
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry we misunderstood your dinner questions and that you drove to the west side of town for dinner. The hotel is situated in the geographic center of the city and surrounded by Tucson's best restaurants. Jonathan's Cork is a Tucson Original which is very close to the hotel. There is Sakura, Guadalajara Grill, Macayo's, and so many more--all very close to the hotel. Less than a mile away is Gaslight Theater and Little Anthony's Dinner where you can enjoy a melodrama show and dinner in a fun, relaxing environment. Park Place Mall is about one mile from the hotel and surrounded by another dozen excellent restaurants. Many people walk to the city park (about half a block away) or stroll the paved walkway along Pantano Wash.

Our goal is to make each guest feel valued, respected and well cared for. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My overall impression of this property was 'good,' and I, as a fairly discerning traveler, would have no hesitation staying here again. Especially when considering the price-point of this hotel, I found it to be a good value.

The large glass atrium is directed toward the south face of the Catalina mountain range, and the views as you exit the hotel are marvelous.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed them.

The NEGATIVES: The room overall had a clean feel to it, however: 1) The grout along the tub had mold, 2) there was a very large stain in the carpet in the center of the room, and 3) our door did not self-close and had to be forcefully pulled or pushed to latch. I did make mention of these items to the front desk upon check-out, and they said they would get maintenance up there right away.

Again, even considering these negatives, i would easily stay here again. I have paid more than double at other properties that weren't any better that what I received here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that as a discerning and experienced traveler, you recommend our hotel. Thank you for noticing our marvelous views and our friendly, helpful front desk.

Thank you for your suggestions for improvements. I have forwarded them to our housekeeping and engineering departments for immediate action. We look forward to welcoming you for your next stay.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed on the 6th floor which has the free breakfast and snackes in the evening.
Both have free drinks included.
We tryed them both we stayed for 3 nights and both were OK.
We stayed in Aug the room was quiet,and at the side of the hotel with a balconey with sun beds. We did not use them as it was far to hot and there was no shading.
The door out to the patio was a bit stiff on checking it was a bit dirty on carpet and bottom of door where it slides.
Also the air con boxes are in the rooms and are noisey if you move the box way from the wall by 1/2 inch it is also very dirty there. We did not say any thing at the time as they are starting to redecerate the hotel .
There was also only 1 lift working 2 days we were there which is annoying when there is only one lift left to cover 7 floors and no stairs to see to use.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you stayed at our hotel and that you selected a terrace suite on the executive level. We are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and the evening manager's receptions. While our room renovations have been completed for more than a year, we apologize there was dust behind your air conditioner cover. Guest feedback is very important to us and I have forwarded your feedback to our housekeeping team. The hotel has 2 elevators and 3 sets of guest stairs; we apologize that they seemed hard to find. We are happy to give guests a tour of the hotel and answer questions--we invite you back on your next trip to Tucson.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great place, great service, close to everything. Though if you need to be close to U of A its a little far, 20-25 mins. We thought it would be closer. A little disappointed with breakfast bar, but loved our dinners.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed our central location. The U of A is located on the west side of town, but Broadway is one of Tucson's main boulevards and it is a straight shot from the hotel to the university. I'm sorry you were disappointed with breakfast. It is a 40 item buffet and includes cooked to order entrees from the breakfast grille. So happy to hear you loved dinner!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very clean, very friendly and all around a great hotel. This type of Hilton makes me question my loyalty to Marriott. The free wine was a nice addition and the restaurant was pretty good. Unfortunately you cannot walk to a lot of places to eat, but most things are a very short drive away.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of the city's mountains
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Thank you for noticing how clean our hotel is and how friendly our staff is! Our hotel is fun and friendly and many guests tell us that they prefer our hotel. Thanks for being one of them! Thank you for the great comments on our food and beverage and location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel looks nice from the parking lot and from the lobby. But, as you go to you room the carpet, and hallways looked dated and dingy. Sloppy maintenance adds to the poor impression. But, most annoying was having microwave and refrigerator "upgrade" pushed on me in through the online check in. Both turned out to be so dented, dirty and scratched up, we had them immediately removed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We want every guest to feel valued, respected and well cared for. I'm sorry we missed the mark with you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overall good service. I have stayed in this hotel many times and have always gotten Great service. This was one time I didn't not. The bellhop came to me requesting I leave my service animal in my room because he would bark at people that would come up to him and try petting him without permission. He stated it was a request of the management. They didn't want my service puppy giving an elderly person a heart attack from him barking. I of course refused and was more careful about people trying to approach him inside the hotel during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you noticing our staff's commitment to excellent service.