“Great Value”

Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Value”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We found a superb weekend deal so we were able to treat ourselves and stay here.

There was a couple of large Christmas events on in the restaurant and ball room but that caused no issues.

Comfy beds, helpful desk staff and (almost over) attentive breakfast wait staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank QKiwi
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you were able to take advantage of a special weekend promotion and we're glad you enjoyed your room and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next "get away!"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The title says it all.
Hilton truly hit a home run with this hotel. Centrally located along Broadway Blvd in Tucson, with plenty of parking and restaurants. Pet friendly.

Front desk personnel were professional, nice and helpful.

The room was spacious.
Large and comfortable king-size bed that was firm without being hard. No fridge or micro.
The window did not offer any openings which could prove cumbersome in case of fire.
Walk-in, standing room only shower featured great water pressure and multiple (head) settings; sliding shower doors were high enough to prevent any spillage.
TV had limited number of channels and the remote needed fresh batteries.
The heating/AC unit was noisy and should be upgrade to 21st century standards, but this was a minor deficiency

Breakfast was not included and yet the cost seemed equivalent to a mid-level breakfast restaurant in the USA.
That said, the variety of food items and beverages exceeded the price expectations! Made-to-order omelets and multiple freshly squeezed juices along with REAL coffee made the breakfast a memorable one. Other items, such as freshly made waffles, eggs, country potatoes, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurts, etc, etc, etc. - enough to satisfy even the most difficult guest of all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SEAN11111
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your detailed account of the sleeping room and the Breakfast at Hilton Buffet. We're so glad you enjoyed the features in your room as well as the wide variety of items available on our breakfast buffet--over 40 items, an omelet station, a waffle maker and cooked to order entrees from the breakfast grill. Something to love for everyone. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton was a gift for our 40th anniversary. Check-in was easy, staff were very nice, even humourous. Our room was on the executive level, nice sized room with a very comfortable bed. We snacked at the break area, ate our meals at the restaurant where the food was excellent and the service superb. The outside pool and hot tub area have a sense of relaxation. Just a nice adventure all the way around. We have raved so much about our time at the Hilton, that we decided this would be the place to put our out-of-town-guests. maybe even do another get-a-way for us. Thank you to the Hilton East for our great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room where the view on the 6th floor rear was looking down on a bare area anda school...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Regina C
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. And congratulations on your 40th anniversary. It was our pleasure to ensure your celebration was memorable and happy. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We planned an overnight stay, happy hour and supper at the Hilton to celebrate a special birthday! Everything turned out great after some initial discrepancies about our groups expectations. After we explained to the staff what we expected and were told in November would be arranged, the Sat night staff did everything to accommodate our group! It turned into a very pleasant and memorable outing, and their breakfast the next morning was a very good way to start our day.
We'd select them again--plan ahead and inquire about special rates!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike C
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so glad your big celebration was a huge success! Hilton Tucson East is always proud to help families celebrate special events--birthday parties, anniversary parties, wedding receptions and more. We are so glad you enjoyed our restaurant. For events, we recommend a catered meal in one of our appealing party rooms. This provides a private location for your event and a dedicated banquet team to give your event the special attention you deserve.
vienna, austria
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just stayed for two nights at Hilton Tucson East. Got a good rate on their website ($83/night + tax) and the hotel turned out to be an excellent choice. Check in was friendly and efficient. Due to my HHonors status I got upgraded to the executive floor, which was a nice additional touch.

My room was on the 6th floor, good sized, clean and had a nice view of the mountain range to the north of the city. The bed was very comfortable, as it is standard in the Hilton chain. The bathroom was very clean and had a walk in shower instead of a tub with shower, a solution I actually prefer in a hotel. Water pressure was good and water temperature constant; perfect ! Although previous comments reported problem with housekeeping, I found that housekeeping was actually doing a great job.

WIFI was complimentary, fast and flawless. Available TV channels were limited, as with most Hiltons.

I am not sure about the location, as the tourist sites are sprawled all over town. However, it is in a nice area and convenient to Saguaro N.P., Pima Air and Space Museum and Park Place Mall. Downtown is quite far away, though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank roland_vienna
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you took advantage of our January promotion. Thank you for noticing our friendly and efficient staff. We are pleased to recognize our HHonors guests with special privileges and services and we are so happy you enjoyed yours.

Thank you for noticing the room renovations and cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping staff just scored over 98% in cleanliness during a white glove inspection from the exacting Hilton inspector. I will pass your "atta boys" on to the housekeeping team. Your status as a frequent traveler who sees many hotels makes your feedback all the more valuable. We also appreciate your recommendation of our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.
Pena blanca
Reviewed January 10, 2013

worst Hotel experience in my life from reservations to Safety lets not even talk about food
BLUF I am a United States Army retired CSM and I work for the United States Army corps of Engineers and have become quite in favor of the Hilton properties and have chosen to go out of my way to stay within your properties. I have never been so embarrassed as I was when my Daughter and my Son-in-law whom just got back from his third tour of combat and they called me on the phone while travel with my 8mth sick granddaughter and 2 and 1/2 grandson and let me know they was not going to make always to Yuma, Az. where they had planned to stop for the night on their way back to Camp Pendleton, CA. I told the kids no problem that I would take care of getting them a nice Hotel and everything would be taken care of. I first since I was not near a computer called to make reservations which went terribly bad and I had to call a second time to get directions and ensure where to exactly tell the kids to go. I after 45min on the phone and passed around to the actual hotel thought things were good. Upon my daughter trying to check they said she had to pay with her credit card and it could not go on my Hilton Honors American Express card that I had given to the reservationist. Of course that made me embarrassed and it put extra stress on a young family travel in the country that not only myself fought for but which my young Marine son-in-law still does today. My daughter was in tears and said just forget we will go get another place. I talked with the young receptionist lady and she did give the kids a night in the inn and a free breakfast. Will the breakfast was nasty and they was never even served seconds or asked for seconds at breakfast. That night after checking in the room my son in-law went back out into the dark parking lot and fell over a speed bump in the traffic way of the sidewalk and cracked his cell phone and skinned his elbows enough to draw blood. The kids did not want me to address any of these issues. They did stay they would of never spent their money for such a low rent nasty Hotel. The bathroom was nasty and is in need of repairs. Bottom line is they are not impressed with Hilton properties and you guys make it look like I have a bad taste in where I stay and worst than that where I would put my Grandchildren and children in. I am totally discouraged with this incident

Room Tip: I would not to stay here if you have a choice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Don E
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed and apologize that your experience was unsatisfying. Hilton Tucson East follows the new PCI compliance laws because safeguarding our guests' credit card information is a top priority. We apologize that the remote authorization process created inconveniences. We are happy that we were able to house your daughter and her family for the evening and to provide them with complimentary Breakfast at Hilton Buffet the next morning. We are disappointed they did not enjoy their breakfast buffets. We received your initial complaint on Jan 9th at 445PM and provided you with a refund at 450PM. We are reviewing ways to make it easier to authorize credit on your credit card for another person's use while still providing the required protection.
San Gabriel, California
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in December 2012 for my daughter's tennis tournament. We enjoyed every minute of it. Rooms were very clean. The hallways were well lighted. The employees were extremely polite and helpful. Ms. Krug, Revenue Manager was very professional and very pleasant to walk me through with my Groupon voucher as well. For the 5 nights that we spent at this hotel, I felt great. I slept pretty good, considering that there is no noise level to complain about. Aside from that, everything else is really close. Stores, restaurants and shopping centers were only few minutes away. Would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I plan on staying here again in the future. Staying at this hotel made my trip very enjoyable!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kikkowmn
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a quiet, restful night's sleep each evening. Our housekeeping team will be happy that you noticed their efforts to ensure your room was spotless. I am also pleased to hear of your efficient interactions with Ms Krug. Thank you for noticing our location near stores, restaurants and shopping centers. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.