New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Tucson East

Hilton Tucson East
Ranked #34 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
vienna, austria
“Hilton Tucson East; excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just stayed for two nights at Hilton Tucson East. Got a good rate on their website ($83/night + tax) and the hotel turned out to be an excellent choice. Check in was friendly and efficient. Due to my HHonors status I got upgraded to the executive floor, which was a nice additional touch.

My room was on the 6th floor, good sized, clean and had a nice view of the mountain range to the north of the city. The bed was very comfortable, as it is standard in the Hilton chain. The bathroom was very clean and had a walk in shower instead of a tub with shower, a solution I actually prefer in a hotel. Water pressure was good and water temperature constant; perfect ! Although previous comments reported problem with housekeeping, I found that housekeeping was actually doing a great job.

WIFI was complimentary, fast and flawless. Available TV channels were limited, as with most Hiltons.

I am not sure about the location, as the tourist sites are sprawled all over town. However, it is in a nice area and convenient to Saguaro N.P., Pima Air and Space Museum and Park Place Mall. Downtown is quite far away, though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank roland_vienna
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you took advantage of our January promotion. Thank you for noticing our friendly and efficient staff. We are pleased to recognize our HHonors guests with special privileges and services and we are so happy you enjoyed yours.

Thank you for noticing the room renovations and cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping staff just scored over 98% in cleanliness during a white glove inspection from the exacting Hilton inspector. I will pass your "atta boys" on to the housekeeping team. Your status as a frequent traveler who sees many hotels makes your feedback all the more valuable. We also appreciate your recommendation of our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Pena blanca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

worst Hotel experience in my life from reservations to Safety lets not even talk about food
BLUF I am a United States Army retired CSM and I work for the United States Army corps of Engineers and have become quite in favor of the Hilton properties and have chosen to go out of my way to stay within your properties. I have never been so embarrassed as I was when my Daughter and my Son-in-law whom just got back from his third tour of combat and they called me on the phone while travel with my 8mth sick granddaughter and 2 and 1/2 grandson and let me know they was not going to make always to Yuma, Az. where they had planned to stop for the night on their way back to Camp Pendleton, CA. I told the kids no problem that I would take care of getting them a nice Hotel and everything would be taken care of. I first since I was not near a computer called to make reservations which went terribly bad and I had to call a second time to get directions and ensure where to exactly tell the kids to go. I after 45min on the phone and passed around to the actual hotel thought things were good. Upon my daughter trying to check they said she had to pay with her credit card and it could not go on my Hilton Honors American Express card that I had given to the reservationist. Of course that made me embarrassed and it put extra stress on a young family travel in the country that not only myself fought for but which my young Marine son-in-law still does today. My daughter was in tears and said just forget we will go get another place. I talked with the young receptionist lady and she did give the kids a night in the inn and a free breakfast. Will the breakfast was nasty and they was never even served seconds or asked for seconds at breakfast. That night after checking in the room my son in-law went back out into the dark parking lot and fell over a speed bump in the traffic way of the sidewalk and cracked his cell phone and skinned his elbows enough to draw blood. The kids did not want me to address any of these issues. They did stay they would of never spent their money for such a low rent nasty Hotel. The bathroom was nasty and is in need of repairs. Bottom line is they are not impressed with Hilton properties and you guys make it look like I have a bad taste in where I stay and worst than that where I would put my Grandchildren and children in. I am totally discouraged with this incident

Room Tip: I would not to stay here if you have a choice
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Don E
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed and apologize that your experience was unsatisfying. Hilton Tucson East follows the new PCI compliance laws because safeguarding our guests' credit card information is a top priority. We apologize that the remote authorization process created inconveniences. We are happy that we were able to house your daughter and her family for the evening and to provide them with complimentary Breakfast at Hilton Buffet the next morning. We are disappointed they did not enjoy their breakfast buffets. We received your initial complaint on Jan 9th at 445PM and provided you with a refund at 450PM. We are reviewing ways to make it easier to authorize credit on your credit card for another person's use while still providing the required protection.
San Gabriel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in December 2012 for my daughter's tennis tournament. We enjoyed every minute of it. Rooms were very clean. The hallways were well lighted. The employees were extremely polite and helpful. Ms. Krug, Revenue Manager was very professional and very pleasant to walk me through with my Groupon voucher as well. For the 5 nights that we spent at this hotel, I felt great. I slept pretty good, considering that there is no noise level to complain about. Aside from that, everything else is really close. Stores, restaurants and shopping centers were only few minutes away. Would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I plan on staying here again in the future. Staying at this hotel made my trip very enjoyable!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kikkowmn
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a quiet, restful night's sleep each evening. Our housekeeping team will be happy that you noticed their efforts to ensure your room was spotless. I am also pleased to hear of your efficient interactions with Ms Krug. Thank you for noticing our location near stores, restaurants and shopping centers. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.
Rockaway, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were in town on a family visit and chose to stay at the Hilton as it was the nearest hotel to family members and we figured a Hilton would be nice.

We found the hotel personnel at the front desk, bar and restaurant were very friendly and courteous and probably left the best impression of the hotel. Our problem was with housekeeping. Our first day we left a $10 tip, as we didn't have anything smaller but figured we'd leave a nice tip up front, hoping for good service. Over the course of the next few days we found the housekeeping staff would not discard our used coffee cups, not fully restock towels, intermittently replace the half & half for the coffee maker, not discard an empty beer bottle (I wasn't sure if they recycled so I left it above the trash can).

The light switch in the bathroom had been smashed in a bit and didn't quite work right and the GFI electrical wall outlet was popping out of the wall. Something housekeeping should report for repair.

We didn't complain during our stay because we were busy everyday and didn't return to our room till late and by then we were too tired to be bothered. However I did complain upon checkout.

We're not very picky but the daily surprises wore on us. I expected above average service from Hilton and got subpar. Otherwise the hotel is okay. There are less expensive hotels down the road and I think I'll look into them the next time.

Room Tip: 4th floor doesn't have an ice machine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jan128
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We always strive to meet our guests' expectations and we apologize for missing the mark with you. I have forwarded your review to our housekeeping and maintenance teams for corrective actions.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We only stayed one night, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the hotel. We had made our reservations on the Hilton website and got a great AAA rate, so we were expecting to get what we paid for. This was not the case. This hotel is an atrium hotel, very similar to Embassy Suites that I have stayed in around the country. The staff and the hotel were in top shape and we had a great stay.

The hotel rooms are very nice.. we had a 2 queen bed room and it was roomy enough for 4 adults. Everything in the room was clean and in great shape, and comfortable.

The hotel is located in a very nice area of Tucson, near the Park Place mall, with plenty of excellent shopping and eating in the area.

The only item to note was that there was no mention at all about a continental breakfast or free breakfast. Based on this, we were guessing there was not. We have a favorite place to have breakfast in the area, so it didn't bother us.

1 Thank dgreen1178
Thank you for your review. We are glad you were able to take advantage of a special New Years Promotion and we're proud to be a new favorite hotel of yours. Thank you for noticing our housekeeping team's tireless efforts to ensure rooms are spotlessly clean. During your next stay, may I suggest you choose our Bed and Breakfast package which is slightly more expensive than the AAA rate, but includes the Breakfast at Hilton Buffet which features 40 items on the buffet, an omelet station, a waffle maker, and entrees from the breakfast grill. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a pretty nice hotel on the East side of Tucson. All of the rooms are good, beds comfortable, staff friendly, good for more than one night. The restaurant is a bit pricy for Tucson, but there are loads of restaurants in the area. We stay here when visiting Tucson. It's the nicest hotel in the area.

The only downside is the corridor doors slam shut very loadly!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
1 Thank HappyTravelerSanJose
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back during your next Tucson visit.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed on the executive level for 2 nights in a king room. The evening managers reception is one of the best I have experienced at any Hilton. Also,at check in as a Gold memeber I was given a coupon for 2 free drinks at the hotel bar. Breakfast on the exceutive level was also excellent. Additionaly, the staff was very freindly. If yoiu visit during the summer the hotel has a very nice pool and surrounding area. The location is alittle off the beaten path, but is only about 25 mins from the airport and about 15 mins off I-10.

Room Tip: Executive level (6th or 7th floors). choose a room which faces the front of the hotel and the Catal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank odessa712
Thank you for your review. We have heard from many guests that our Evening Managers' Reception beats the competition and we thank you for observing that is is one of the best you've experienced at any Hilton. We appreciate our Hilton Honors frequent stay reward guests and I'm so happy that we recognized you and your loyalty at check in. I will pass on your "two thumbs up" review of the Executive Level Breakfast and friendly staff to our Director of Food and Beverage. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Tucson!