“Good value”

Ranked #78 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Good value”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The rooms in this hotel are suites with plenty of room to relax and enjoy your visit. The king size bed we had was very comfortable and the room was very clean. A full buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room and it was great. The swimming pool is very nice with plenty of seating to soak up the Arizona sun.

Room Tip: This hotel has an open atrium and the breakfast is served there---rooms facing the atrium can hear t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was filthy and dark! Visible mold in our bathroom and air vents. Smelled horrible - musty, mildew, mold! Wall art and furnishings were easily from 1980s. Desperately in need of professional cleaning and updating! Do yourself a favor and find a different hotel in the area. A cheap hotel isn't worth exposing your family to mold.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Car0le_176
tcesare, General Manager at Viscount Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. There were several areas we felt short of our goal. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson; as the mishaps you experienced are not typical of the service and product that we strive to deliver to our valued guests. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please contact me directly and we will be sure you are in one of our remodeled suites.

Larry Cesare
520-584-5804
seattle and north
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We did not get to enjoy all the amenities because we were busy, but I would be very likely to stay here again. Comfortable bed, roomy bathroom, microwave, fridge and coffee maker all plus plus! I used the fitness room once, but didnt use the pool. My only possible complaint was that there weren't enough tables available at breakfast time, but I resolved that by taking my food back to my room to eat.
p.s. i'm going to guess the've finished the remodel on the 2nd floor, at least on this end, because it was all fine. Although the art hanging in the rooms was brass framed (reminded me of my first apartment back in the day) but that did match the brass desk lamp which looked brand new. And yes, more outlets or an extension with multiple outlets on the desk would be great.

Room Tip: We were in a back corner of the hotel, and as directed by the front desk staff, found it really easy...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a nice hotel. Breakfast was good and the evening jazz was nice. Room was comfortable the mattress soooooo comfortable. Not enough outlets to plug in phone charger and coffee maker...wish the hair dryer was attached to the wall for more counter space but not a big deal. Price was good. Front desk was nice and friendly at check in lady lived in my hometown. Cool.
Problem was there was blood spots on the duvet and stains on the sheet (small but there)...when I told the front desk her response was, "oh, I'll have to have them clean that won't I." That was it...no we are sorry or how can we make this up to you....nothing. I was annoyed that she didn't think anything of my concern. Super poor customer service at the front desk at 8:30 AM.

Room Tip: This looks like it was built as an Embassy suites...same model as this hotel. Nice place. 4 Floors...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay for the gem show with a fair room rate. We stayed for the entire 16 days of the gem show. This is our 14th year going to the Jan/Feb gem show so we've stayed in a lot of "interesting" places. We are so happy with Viscount Suites, it is our new home when we are visiting Tucson.

This is an old Embassy Suites-like hotel that has been taken over. Rooms are spacious and clean. Yes, they are dated but the ever pleasant staff makes you forget all about the cosmetic stuff. The location is good. Close to good shopping areas, theaters, and close to our favorite restaurants. Target and Walgreens are both super close so it's convenient when you need to pick up something you forgot.

Side note: They are in the process of remodeling. If you want a newer room ask for a room on the 3rd floor. Hubby and I prefer a 1st floor room so we took the flowers on the curtains with a smile.

Breakfast:
For me this is important. I need a good breakfast and a newspaper. They had both; and I enjoyed it every morning. The free cooked to order breakfast down stairs is good and has a good variety of standard American breakfast basics, from cereals, to bagels, to breakfast meats (sausage, bacon), to staple carbs (hash browns, tater tots). There were even some Asian options (congee, steamed buns, stir fried noodles) to accommodate the international guests. (I don't think Asian options are offered during all times of the year, just during gem show time.) All was delicious. When you are staying at a place for 16 days, it's certainly nice to have the option to have a different freshly cooked omelet everyday or to have some good ole rice porridge.

Room:
The room had a fridge, microwave and a Keurig. It was a real sanity saver to have a Keurig to make real coffee every morning and to have tea at night. The beds were ok, not soft...not a rock. The sheets were clean and crispy white (there is just something about white sheets). The dresser (and other furniture) was on their last days and need to be replaced. I just took it in stride since I know they are making an effort to remodel and I had requested to be on the first floor.

The AMAZING staff:
The front desk staff (Ms. Sandra at night and Ms. Theresa and Ms. Elvia in the mornings) were AWESOME. They were always so professional, helpful, and super pleasant. We were always greeted or waved when they saw us. They always went the extra step to help is with whatever we needed. Ms. Sandra even went out of her way one night to find us a deck of cards to play with when we needed a way to unwind after a long day. This kind of service is so hard to find these days. I will take great service over an updated room every time.

Business Center:
There is a business center located right by the front desk. With 3 computers and a printer available we never had to wait to get something done.

Pool/Jacuzzi:
The pool/jacuzzi courtyard area was well landscaped and concealed from the activity of the city. It was too cold to get into the pool but it looked nice and clean. We did use the jacuzzi several nights. It's was a perfect thing after a long day at the show. It was dirty one night but it had been windy that day so I think it was just debris from the landscaping in the courtyard.

Guest Laundry:
There are plenty of washers and dryers to accommodate several guests who may need to wash at one time. Or like me, need to wash two loads and had the convenience of being able to wash both at the same time.

Gym:
We didn't have the energy or time to visit the gym. But it looked decent every time we walked past it to get to the jacuzzi. There are treadmills indoors and there are a couple outdoor treadmills just outside of the gym area partially blocked from the elements with a glass pane. The idea is good and if I had more energy I would've taken one of those outdoor treadmills for a spin.

All in all, we will definitely stay here again. I can't wait to see what it will be like when they are further into their remodeling.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nina Tuyet L
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean & spacious suites, amenities, pool, business center, breakfast and friendly staff! I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Thank you again and we await your return.

Larry Cesare
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed February 6, 2014

From the moment we talked with Cassandra at the front desk, we felt very welcomed at this suite hotel.

We pulled into this property (first time guests to Tucson) after a long day of walking and sightseeing, so we were thrilled to be able to take advantage of the restaurant and bar on-site. After showers, we enjoyed Italian dishes and happy hour drinks down in the atrium. My husband loved his cheese tortellini.

The suite is enormous and the furniture very comfy. Loved the coffee bar area with fridge, micro, and gourmet coffee. Great bathroom. The living room/business area room out front quite nice. Good WiFi.

Two very minor issues. The bed had an actual footboard on it with sharp corners. In the dark, I bumped into it twice and bruised myself. Mind you, not in total darkness, but since the wood is painted black, even in dim lighting, you don't see it. Darned if I didn't walk into it TWICE. I finally wrapped a towel around it to prevent a third bruise. Just a little note I thought I'd pass on from someone who spent time in that room. Also, my comforter had a watery brownish stain (not small) on it, right near the pillows. This seemed odd, as it was very noticeable. We simply slept in the other bed. I still tipped housekeeping, of course, and left a polite note pointing it out.

While we did not use the fitness area or outdoor pool, I checked both areas out and was impressed.

The breakfast buffet was included in my room rate, and it was wonderful. The omelet chef was a great cook and was super friendly. The waitress busing the atrium area tables was also very friendly and sweet. (She noticed a wad of cash on the chair of our table and gave it "back" to us. It wasn't ours, so she put it aside if someone returned looking for it). The food offered on the buffet was great and included Asian brunch-type food, which I love. Good coffee.

Just an aside, we had a free morning before heading to the airport, so we took in Reid Park Zoo, which was literally a 4-minute drive from the hotel. The zoo was pleasant and the animals seemed active and content. It's also very easy to get to the airport from the property but does not feel anything like an airport hotel. Nice part of town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Satisfaction7
tcesare, Public Relations Manager at Viscount Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent experience at the Viscount! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suite, amenities, breakfast and restaurant Wilbur's Grill. We apologize for the stain on the comforter and that you bumped into the foot board. I will be certain to share your comments with the team. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Public Relations Manager,
Theresa Cesare
Ida, Michigan
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed a week and hated to leave! Housekeeping was fabulous, very attentive to our needs. (extra towels, k-cups) The room was spotless with attention to details..Bed & pillows very comfy..
This hotel is dog friendly which is awesome in itself. The outdoor maintenance crew kept the grounds spotless.
Breakfast buffet is really nice with omelet chef on duty.Fresh fruit is a great touch
Definately feel safe Impressed with the whole staff, very friendly, professional,and attentive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Darlene C
tcesare, Public Relations Manager at Viscount Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Glad to hear that housekeeping was attentive to your needs, your suite was clean and comfortable, grounds were clean and that you enjoyed our omelet station from the breakfast buffet. I will be sure to share your positive experience with the rest of the team! Hope you come back soon:)

Theresa Cesare