“Location & Affordability” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson,AZ
“Location & Affordability”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been a Tucson resident for 40 years and never visited this hotel. We went for a birthday party held in the Rosario/Patio. It was a nice off the beaten path location within the hotel for a
get together of +-40 long time friends. The food was phenomenal! A delicious and fresh Italian was meal served as a buffet in the adjoining room. We were curious about the rooms and in walking around did have the opportunity to see a first floor suite. Lovely layout with a living area, bath and bedroom. I asked about the rates and was pleasantly surprised as although it is an older hotel, it was immaculate and staff very friendly. The rate for our 'high' season was very affordable and the facility is nicely located. Not glitsy, but clean and comfortable

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peg G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The rooms are very out dated! Old carpet and decor. Mildew in the showers and ceiling. Dirty towels, dirty grout in the bathroom tile, dirty curtains and furniture. The gym is pitiful!!!! Lots of broken equipment. This is an Atrium hotel and they had Karaoke on Saturday night in the Atrium. Since all the rooms surround the atrium, the noise echos through every room. I was on business and needed the internet for my work. I was EXTREMELY frustrated because the internet did not work or was so slow. I went down to the Atrium for breakfast (the best part of this hotel is the breakfast, but that's it) to get better reception. It was worse! I gave up on my computer and went to the business center in an attempt to salvage a deal but lost a $1000 deal due to the computer being so slow. The business center was not any better...very slow! Bottom line, if you want a clean, quiet place to sleep with good internet, then do not book this hotel! If you don't care about the room, internet and gym, and are just interested in a good, free breakfast, then book here. I will not ever again!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are renovated and are quite nice from what I was told by the front desk. I got a 4th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicole J
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I did not choose this hotel, but was sent there from another hotel that was overbooked. I spent one night with my family. The front desk clerk was awesome. She was able to find me a suite (the same thing I had at the original hotel) instead of the double room she originally offered. My husband and I can't share a double bed and still sleep.

We had a king bed which was soft and the kids got a sofa sleeper which they said was very comfortable. The room was clean, but old. The carpet had stains on it, the TV's were tube and even the phone was an old style push button. The room was large and the bathroom was well equipped. The fridge never got very cold, but enough to cool down my water bottles. It was mostly quiet, but every time someone flushed above us (we were on the 1st floor) you heard the water in the pipes. I could not find a working ice maker, but the waitress at the restaurant inside the hotel offered to fill my bucket.

They had a very nice breakfast buffet included, which had eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, toast, bagels and cereal.

I have no idea what this room would have cost because I wasn't paying for it, but it was a fairly comfortable room. I can see why some would not like the facility, but would probably stay again if I had no other choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Buckeye, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went for a getaway weekend to this neat little city, and stayed here. It had the look and feel of an Embassy Suites hotel that may have changed hands. The location is central to a lot of Tuscon attractions, so that is good. The surrounding neighborhood- so-so. A busy Retail type street Broadway Rd. Rooms were big suites, not like the ones they build today, so I have the feeling this place is about 15 to 20 yrs. old. Clean, a little dark. Nice clean bathroom. 2 TV's in every room, although the new LCD ones were in the Living room not the bedrooms. Furniture is a little dated but who cares-its not like we were buying a condo there. Nice bed.
The hotel staff was great. A Sports Bar, free snacks. It was quiet for a weekend. Did not use the internet or Fitness Room. Great Breakfast set-up with a chef doing speical hot items. Free parking. I would say it was worth it- reasonable rates. My "average" rating does not in any way mean its low rent- it was very adequate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Globe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was the first time I stayed here. Although the property is older, slightly dated-it is clean, comfortable and well kept. I had a 3 day stay. The breakfast is very good. Food from in housse restaurant Wilbur's good as well. Our room was refreshed daily very nicely. I was most impressed with the front desk and breakfast staff-Very friendly and interacted with guests nicely. Will be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed there for new years eve and were plesantly satisfied. The food was ok and the service was very good. The morning breakfast was very filling and the staff was pleasent to boot. We will definitely stay there when the summer comes around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here several years ago and I remembered it being okay. No more. I had to check out and go to their competitor. This place hasn't been upgraded since the 80's I swear. Just disgusting. The room they checked me into before I left had stained carpet, stained walls, ragged linens and a broken toilet. And it smelled very, very bad. And for they were charging? Somebody needs a reality check. The front desk clerk could have cared less that I was checking out, didn't even ask why. He told me it happens all the time.

Room Tip: Yes, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business