“STAYING IN THE BOWELLS OF TUCSON”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Flamingo Suites

Flamingo Suites
Ranked #120 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix
“STAYING IN THE BOWELLS OF TUCSON”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

When we tried to check into our usual 3 1/2 starhotel on the north side of Tucson and found it was sold-out, I noticed a decent looking hotel on the other side of the street called the Flamingo Suites with rooms for only $54 a night. With my cheap side taking over I checked in at the lobby, the lady checking me in looked like she just woke up and rudely rented me a room.
My wife and I walked up the steps to our room and noticed two of our neighbors sitting on the porch across the way looked like they lived there. They were sitting in their fold out chairs and were smoking and drinking. They looked troublesome, but I continued into my room.
Oh my gosh , two regular beds that were hard as sleeping on grave, the room stunk like chemicalsd and the sink and toilet were out of the 60's. All I kept doing all night was waiting for the sun to come up so I could get out of this hellholel. It appears to have section 8 housing there and should not be considered a hotel. Best of luck to whoever might stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ua1979

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kapaa, Hawaii
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Filthy, smelly, foul. Offered to pay for one night and not even stay there. Left and was charged for six days. Owner lied to Amex. about our situation when I disputed the charges. Ongoing dispute months later. Won't even take my calls.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank PapaJ1318
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is the worst ever!! First of all, we had to pay for our entire stay up front (before we saw the room). Then when we got to the room, it reeked of cigarettes and had cigarette burns on everything. There were roaches coming in under the door and smashed bugs on the wall! There was no hot water and the only TP was a roll that had been wet and then had dried. It was stained yellow and kinda crunchy. When we said we wanted our money back they refused! We reported them to the BBB and after a lot of haggling with the owner got $100 back. They should have paid us for trauma and suffering!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!! The Best Western next door was pretty nice for the price though.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank PAMELA0116
albuquerque
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here couple of times in 2011 and 2010- and it was a great bargain. Winter 2012- the room reeks from cigarets. People are standing in their doorways smoking. A girl came and complained someone broke into her room smashing a window. Rooms close to the street are noisy.Why did we check in? It was late and the kids were tired. It was a mistake. Nice people working here, though.

Room Tip: A very smoker-friendly place. It this is you, do stay. If your health is important for you, pay more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tamarrichard
tucson
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this filthy garbage pit For two days. I got what I paid for this was my worst nightmare. They have no security whatsoever! My car was broken into by a fellow visitor. The management could care less. After my visit I wound up at a local hospital infected withMRSA do to the filthy premises that I had paid to rent.WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS MESS!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank michael w
tucson
Reviewed July 7, 2011

phone not working air conditioner not working was provided with a fan on a day that was 109 degrees and reading the rest of the reviews i really can not add anything more, but i believe the health department and the consumer fraud division of the proper authorities should bet involved with this fradulent business. i have reported this place to the BBB maybe the next time i see this place it will be closed. these kind of places need to be monitored more closely they give traveling through tucson a very bad name

Room Tip: do not book this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank gmacin59
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Stay away from this dump. We booked a large room thinking we would have a great time during our stay in Tucson... Forget it... The room had all kinds of bugs in it. Furthermore, the manager was rude and still charged us for the night even though the conditions of the room were inhospitable. Save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else. I just can't believe this place isn't shut down by health inspectors.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family