1,181 results
All reviews gas fireplace boutique hotel newer rooms cactus garden room was large beautiful grounds walk in shower pool and hot tub happy hour mini fridge the general manager downtown tucson bed was very comfortable nice pool catalina mountains desert pueblo
Reviewed June 19, 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at the Lodge on the Desert and had a wonderful stay, albeit too quick! We needed a place to stay for one night that allowed pets and in my search this property appeared at a very reasonable rate. We drove over from San Diego to check my son into a camp at the UA. My husband and I were so delighted with everything this hotel had to offer, in particular the very cozy casita and the breakfast that was included in our stay. Now a days it is so hard to find a hotel that does charge a resort fee, something I absolutely hate paying, but not only does the Lodge not charge a resort fee it also includes a wonderful breakfast. This place is a gem!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mosmith530
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Mosmith530

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Elegant spacious rooms, super comfortable beds, we had a balcony overlooking the pool area, which was quiet and perfect for catching some sun, the buffet breakfast was just right, we really enjoyed the outside dining for dinner, ordered from the bar menu and it was delicious! Service was outstanding, we will definitely return!

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Denise G

Dear Denise,

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We only stayed 1 night, but requested the room with 2 queens and a fireplace, and we LOVED IT.
Would definitely stay here again if the need arises!!
Easy check in and check out.
Adorable tile artwork on stairs, and of course, cactus of various types everywhere! Loved taking pictures as we can’t grow cactus outside at home!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear grnyjeany,

Reviewed June 13, 2018

The hotel is quaint and cozy. It has a historic flair. Our room was large with lots of floor space, a full sized desk, a comfortable lounger, and a king size bed. The bed was comfortable. I was a little put off by the entrance door. It seemed flimsy and, in my opinion, not of commercial quality and strength. The bathroom lacked counter space; hence, it was difficult to place our toiletries. The water was incredibly hot. I like that because most places limit the temperature. One could scald themselves here if not careful. The room service was OK. The service at the front desk was very good. They have a 24-hr pool and spa that is of adequate size and quality. The cost was reasonable. I will probably return.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SCB951

Dear SCB981

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We spend a week at the LOD and couldn't have been more pleased. From location, check-in, rooms and service all around. We were pleased and felt like we mattered. This is a lovely small hotel in Tucson. When here you don't feel like you're in the city. Amenities of a wonderful quiet 24 hour pool, coffee station in the library as well as a wonderful complimentary breakfast every morning. The rooms were spacious and always clean, loved having the chairs out on the patio to enjoy coffee in the morning and drinks in the afternoon. I can keep writing but this is an amazing hotel, with amazing staff and a cat to wanders around. Hi Tiger! We will be back and thank you!

Room tip: There are no bad rooms, but splurge for the King Spa or Suite.
Date of stay: May 2018