1,116 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardendouble sinkssmall patiobeautiful groundspool and hot tubmini fridgehappy hourdowntown tucsonbed was very comfortablenice poolcatalina mountainsdesertpueblo
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Absolutely beautiful grounds. The rooms were clean and spacious. All around staff were very friendly from check in to maintenance to the restaurant to check out. We received friendly hellos everywhere. We loved that the swimming pool was open 24 hours. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank itzneen
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Itsneen,

Reviewed September 13, 2017

The Lodge on the Desert offers large comfortable and well-appointed modern rooms with a southwest ambience and a quiet charm. The hotel staff is personable and helpful from the reception clerks to the restaurant staff. Rates are reasonable. The grounds are well maintained and nicely landscaped. The swimming pool is long and narrow - so it can seem a bit crowded at times but usually, even in summer, it is possible to swim lengths without bother. There is also a nice hot tub. An exercise room with universal weight machine, eliptical and treadmill has recently been added. There is a good restaurant with nice menu and the appetizer portions are large enough to serve as a main course! Location is quite central - a few blocks from Reid Park and within 3 miles of the University of Arizona. It is less than 10 minutes by car to downtown. I can't find a good reason to stay anywhere else! There is even a computer and printer set up in the library for the convenience of guests though there is free wifi throughout the property.

1  Thank travel-till-I-drop

Dear Travel-till-I-Drop

Reviewed September 5, 2017

The property is a hidden gem, we could not tell that we were in the middle of the city. The room was clean, large and very quiet. Our price came with a free continental breakfast, which was very good. Definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The East side room are further away from the street, so those would be the quietest.
1  Thank Mannie N
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Mannie N

Reviewed September 3, 2017

From check in with Richard, and Tiger the security cat, to dinner, to breakfast as we left - everything was wonderful. Richard was very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel and check in was smooth and pleasant. We had missed the deadline for the "Summer Relax Rate" so he gave us a $10 credit to Cielo's (where we had made reservations). We had reserved a King spa room and we were NOT disappointed. The bathroom was huge, with the best towels I have seen in a resort in a while, and the jetted tub was so soothing. The shower was a large walk in and there was a double sink vanity. The room itself was quite roomy and the mattress was one of the best I have slept on in a while. We had a balcony looking out at the mountains and after dinner, we sat outside with a cocktail and watch the clouds turn beautiful colors. The only negative comment I have to make are that the carpets need to be cleaned (not bad, but noticeable ). And although this isn't necessarily negative, there was a rose petal left in the jet tub. If you were super picky, you would have an issue with this as it would indicate a cleaning issue. However, I could tell by the smell when I ran water that the tub had been thoroughly cleaned and it was just missed. The restaurant is nothing short of wonderful (look at review under Cielo's) and the breakfast was a wonderful buffet and was included with the stay. Wonderful resort.

Be sure to find Tiger the Security cat and look at the back of his tag - follow the instructions on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flutefly
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Dear flutefly

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for. I will pass your comments on to Richard, he is a valued employee.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Our experience at the Lodge on the Desert was so good that we will make it a destination for a future trip! Everyone on staff was amazing! We met a number of guests who had been there before! Our room was beautiful and private! The pool was wonderful! The Happy Hour was great and breakfast superb!

Room Tip: Every room looks good!

Dear Travelingduo 357