1,119 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardendouble sinkssmall patiobeautiful groundspool and hot tubmini fridgehappy hourdowntown tucsonbed was very comfortablenice poolcatalina mountainsdesertpueblo
Reviewed September 3, 2017

From check in with Richard, and Tiger the security cat, to dinner, to breakfast as we left - everything was wonderful. Richard was very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel and check in was smooth and pleasant. We had missed the deadline for the "Summer Relax Rate" so he gave us a $10 credit to Cielo's (where we had made reservations). We had reserved a King spa room and we were NOT disappointed. The bathroom was huge, with the best towels I have seen in a resort in a while, and the jetted tub was so soothing. The shower was a large walk in and there was a double sink vanity. The room itself was quite roomy and the mattress was one of the best I have slept on in a while. We had a balcony looking out at the mountains and after dinner, we sat outside with a cocktail and watch the clouds turn beautiful colors. The only negative comment I have to make are that the carpets need to be cleaned (not bad, but noticeable ). And although this isn't necessarily negative, there was a rose petal left in the jet tub. If you were super picky, you would have an issue with this as it would indicate a cleaning issue. However, I could tell by the smell when I ran water that the tub had been thoroughly cleaned and it was just missed. The restaurant is nothing short of wonderful (look at review under Cielo's) and the breakfast was a wonderful buffet and was included with the stay. Wonderful resort.

Be sure to find Tiger the Security cat and look at the back of his tag - follow the instructions on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flutefly
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Dear flutefly

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for. I will pass your comments on to Richard, he is a valued employee.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Our experience at the Lodge on the Desert was so good that we will make it a destination for a future trip! Everyone on staff was amazing! We met a number of guests who had been there before! Our room was beautiful and private! The pool was wonderful! The Happy Hour was great and breakfast superb!

Room Tip: Every room looks good!

Dear Travelingduo 357

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We were dropping our son off for U of A and decided to try someplace new. First of all, the staff is really excellent, starting off with Alex who checked us in. He was friendly, enthusiastic, good humored - a nice start to our stay. The grounds are pretty and decor is thoughtfully done. The location is excellent and the rooms are very comfortable. We tried the Happy Hour - the food was quite good and service was great. The free morning buffet was a nice experience, with one exception. The waitress was very enthusiastic, friendly and attentive. Unfortunately, while the food was very good quality, it was way too cold and detracted significantly from enjoyment of our meal. The orange juice tasted fresh, but the eggs, potatoes and chorizo were all cold. I'm sure we'll stay again - hopefully the cold food was an anomaly, but we'll give it another try before considering going back to the Embassy Suites . Every single staff member was great, making the stay excellent and memorable.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Dear

I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge on the Desert soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

No busy lobbies, large comfortable rooms! We were on the 2nd floor with a king bed, fireplace and balcony. Free wifi!

Room had a fridge, coffee maker, iron & board. Large flat screen, cable, desk, Nice western decor.

Free buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cereal, fruit.

Nice big bath with walk in shower. My only complaint was the square toiletry bottles, impossible to squeeze out thick liquid!

Dear AZMD

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Terrifically disappointed at first, please note that the 3rd party booking sites say that all the rooms at this property have fireplaces. This is not true. I specifically booked here because of that feature. Called the reception desk immediately to question this and was told that not all rooms had this feature. They offered to move us to another room with the fireplace, but informed us that the gas was turned off for the summer anyway. Later that evening I received an e-mail 'real-time review' from Lodge on the Desert that said "We will address directly". At our time of checkout 2 days later we had heard NOTHING. Cast a pall over the entire stay.
That said, the room was large, comfortable and clean. Zero view, window utterly blocked by gigantic bush. Bed and pillows super comfortable, bathroom very large and well equipped. Complimentary breakfast very nice. Pool water was too cold to get in.
Grounds lovely and well maintained. Did not try the restaurant, dinner menu was gourmet incomprehensible, very limited and very expensive. Excellent central location.
We will try this hotel again A: by calling them directly to get a room we want and B: in the wintertime.
Shout out to Shelby and the young man who was in his second day at the restaurant. Outstanding service and super attitude

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Hello SAC525,

Thank you for the review of the Lodge. I apologize that we did not contact you regarding the confusion over the fireplace being in all of our rooms. I will find out why you were not contacted during your stay about the confusion.

I am glad that you recognized Shelby and Neal from the restaurant breakfast team. Both Shelby and Neal are valued highly.