Lodge on the Desert
$89
$80
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$75
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$84
$62
$169
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$109
$71
AscendHotels
$112
$97
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$75
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
$97
1,066 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardensouthwestern stylesmall patiobeautiful groundswalk in showeron site restaurantpool and hot tubhappy hourmini fridgebed was very comfortabledowntown tucsoncatalina mountainsdesert
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This property was wonderful. We arrived a wee bit early but our room was ready and we got settled and enjoyed swimming and the hot tub, Then we made our way to Iron Chef award winning Ryan Clark's presentation of complimentary mussels that were wonderful! The rest of our meal was awesome as well. Our room was wonderful and we slept like babies and then rose to thoroughly enjoy the Starbucks coffee on premise! The staff even printed our boarding passes for us so we wouldn't have to wait around the Lodge before hiking @ Sabino Canyon.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room when I travel and have not been disappointed yet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rhea C
Reviewed March 23, 2012

After reading the reviews, I requested a room in the new part of the hotel. Unfortunately, despite the front desks staff efforts, they were unable to to accommodate me.

The "traditional" rooms were large. Decor, fixture and fittings were very dated. Just not what I expected for the $200 a night price tag! However, everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable!

Top marks to the staff on the front desk. The breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a very welcoming place for both individual and group travel. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is extremely helpful. The restaurant and bar are excellent with outside as well as inside seating.
We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Tucson.
If you are looking for a place to take a tour group, I would highly recommend this place. Monti, in the group gravel department, is most accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We visited Tucson for the first time and were very happy with our stay at the Lodge on the Desert. It is on a busy street and was a much larger place than I had envisioned. But once inside the walls, the lodge has a very warm, intimate hacienda style. The grounds were beautiful. Our room was in the newer section and we found it very comfortable - great beds. My only minor complaint, which was outside of their immediate control, was that we were never able to get Wi-Fi access in our room evern after asking 2 or 3 times at the front desk. A very helpful man at the desk finally told me that they experience internet connection problems when they have a high occupancy at the lodge. Altogether, I would highly recommend the Lodge - it's in a very good central location and it's easy to find the major sights of Tucson while staying there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank austingypsy
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Lodge on the Desert is on a busy street, yet once inside the compound walls, it feels secluded and is very quiet. More than one room was available when we checked in, so the clerk asked if we wanted to compare rooms in the historic and new sections. Although the rooms in the historic section were more rustic and quaint, we chose the room in the new section. The beds were ultra comfortable, and there was a fireplace in our room, but didn’t get a chance to use it. The room was very clean and well maintained. The furnishings were rustic enough to offer southwest coziness, yet upscale to afford luxury.

We hiked in the desert each day and welcomed the perfect showers in the spacious bathroom. Then we followed the meandering paths through the beautifully maintained gardens to the restaurant. The food was excellent and prepared to perfection. I never thought I would rave about breakfast oatmeal, but it was like no other I have ever tasted. I came home and bought steel-cut oats and have sworn off the instant variety.

The entire staff was on happy pills … so nice and helpful. We definitely will come back here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple