Lodge on the Desert
$125
$107
$158
$140
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$79
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$77
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$88
Hilton.com
$295
$206
  • Pool
Omni Tucson National Resort(Tucson)
$199
$139
Hotels.com
1,059 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardensouthwestern stylesmall patiobeautiful groundswalk in showeron site restaurantpool and hot tubhappy hourmini fridgebed was very comfortabledowntown tucsoncatalina mountainsdesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Came here on a spontaneous mini-vacation to Tucson, couldnt turn down the special rate of $99 for 2 queens with fireplace, and included full breakfast at their restaurant. Had a minor issue at check-in when they had no idea about the included full-breakfast, but was remedied later that evening when I went back to the front desk, and they had a voucher for 2 adult breakfasts (we had 2 kids as well, but kids meals are only $5, so I thought it was a good deal anyways). The room was lovely, clean, and large. The TV was only 32" after reading online that the rooms had 42" TVs, but not a big deal. There was a patio, but only about 4 feet wide and 1 foot long. The gas fireplace was very nice and we enjoyed it. We went swimming their small, intimate pool which was heated, so we could go in despite the 60 degree outside temps. The spa was nice too, with the perfect temperature. We were anticipated a special breakfast due to the highly acclaimed chef (Ryan Clark) being there. The restaurant is very nice decor and ambiance. although small. The service there was the issue. It was slow and not very attentive. Any request took much longer than necessary and the attitude of our server was not the most pleasant. The food overall was good, not fancy presentation as I expected. My wife ordered the sweet potato pancake, but could not taste any sweet potatoes, only seeing occasional specks of orange. The food was tasty overall, but leery of going back due to the service. I would definitely return to the hotel if I saw this deal on my next trip to Tucson.

Room Tip: request a mountain view room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hearic
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed here two years ago right after its reopening, and returned this month  for five nights of our vacation. Our "spa king" room, in one of the new buildings, was large and comfortable, with one of the best bathrooms we've ever had (whirlpool tub, enclosed shower, private toilet, double sink, organic toiletries). A safe, refrigerator, and comfy robes were among the exta amenities,but there is no breakfast except in the expensive restaurant and no coffee except for the small pots in the room. The maid staff was unobtrusive and thorough. The grounds are beautiful: winding, landscaped paths among adobe courtyards; a lit pool with fountains; and lovely outdoor spaces, including a fireplace patio between the bar and the restaurant. A few negatives: the room was dark with the drapes closed for privacy (no sheers, just blackout drapes), so it wasn't particularly pleasant during the day. Every footstep and door opening in the room above was audible.  Next time we will choose one of the "traditional"rooms  in the restored one-story buildings, which looked bright and charming.  The Lodge's location, tucked in among Tuscon's historic neighborhoods and a block away from the beautiful Reid Municipal park, was excellent for access to both downtown  and the Catalina mountains.  The few negatives mentioned were far outweighed by the Lodge's beauty and large, comfortable rooms, which make it a tremendous value.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank AlesAndTrails
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This hotel really surprises you when you turn in. It is very beautiful and well maintained. Our room was very clean and extremely comfortable although nothing really fancy about the decor. And the $10 upgrade to a suite was totally worth it! We were pleasantly surprised by the food in the restaurant and would definitely recommend a meal there while visiting. Staff was very friendly and helpful, check in and out were easy and quick and the hotel is located in a very convenient area in town. I will definitely be looking forward to future stays here!

Room Tip: opt for the $10 a night upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aimee' A
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I originally was going to stay at a Hampton Inn when I was in Tucson. My daughter, however, found this hotel and I thought I'd give it a try, as it was slightly less expensive, and seemed interesting. I'm very glad I did....I believe we stayed in a "new room". Not much of a view (I didn't really care about that, I didn't expect much as it is in the middle of the city), but the room was very nice. It was clean, the beds were great (best sleep I had on the whole trip), the bathroom was large (big shower, no tub, again that didn't bother me).

I have to point out that the front desk staff was great. The young woman was very nice and really helped us with a problem we had. I was really impressed with this, most hotels wouldn't have been as good.

For the money, it was one of the best hotels I stayed on during a week long trip. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had a room in the new section.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Apljavaman
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a beautifully designed hotel within easy walking distance to restaurants. There is also a restaurant on site, but we didn't have the opportunity to eat there. The rooms are very warm and inviting. We received an upgrade to a suite for an extra $10/night. The suite was very spacious, and was well appointed. The swimming pool and spa were lovely. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tucson.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple