“Excellent hotel with great staff”

Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Ranked #17 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
MI
“Excellent hotel with great staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is a resort hotel with many different amenities. The staff is friendly, caring and helpful. The condition of the property was excellent. The wi-fi worked well, although they did charge for it. They have places to eat during the day, but the hotel restaurant appeared not very busy on evenings. If you can get a reservation at a price that is reasonable for you, I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This hotel is beautiful. The service was excellent, we were treated impeccably. The Room Service staff was exceptionally friendly and met our needs with ease. The pool is a lot of fun. They have a separate slide pool which I couldn't pry my son off of, truth be told I didn't want to stop playing either. The service at the pool area was excellent. Sometimse when you are not right in the main pool area, servers may tend to forget about you, not here. Drinks were refilled without having to flag someone down, and the food was good. The lounge doesn't have entertainment, but is rather a place just to relax. If you venture outside of the resort for food and entertainment, depending on where you are heading you might have a good 20 minute drive, but it is on a main road so everything can be accessed easily.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The colorful buttes at sunset are the best time to lounge by the pool. However, the pool, like the rooms and lobby shows its age. Two six foot sections of concrete and tile at the water line had broken off.

In the rooms, the beds, armoir and TV are updated, but the carpet, side chairs and patio/balcony furniture shows its age and wear. The lobby was always too noisy to relax and talk with family. One night it was a piano with loud drum trap set playing. Go figure. Management says that room renovations were last done in 2003.

If you can get the $99 room rate as we did as part of a group, you might want to try this hotel, but be prepared for expensive prices on food, beverages and everything else. Beware of reservations. They were an absolute disaster and oblivious to the complaints of conflicting room rates, disconnected calls, and then lost when trying to reconfirm.

Plenty of newer mainstream non-resort properties in this area of Tucson if you just need a hotel for a few nights at a good rate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Ghee A, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2016
I hope that we can welcome you back so that you can enjoy our newly renovated guest rooms, and see the wonderful improvements that we have made.

Rio Rico, Arizona
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Over all this place is great, great view, quite, peaceful. But talk about the staff. OMG really where are they getting there training.

My family and I checked in Friday night, First we were told to wear pinkwrist bands at all times when going to the pool. but if you needed a new one you have to bring the old one. Ok we understood that part. We really did not want to walk all the way to the front desk everytime we lost our pink wrist bands, plus they are very uncomfortable to sleep with. they are made of paper and once you take them off they won't stick together again.

The next day my son and husband lost there pink wrist band, we went to the front desk, asked for pink wrist bands, One staff member stated next time bring the old one back, Second desk member asked to write my childs names and ages. What kind of resort or hotel is this. (I felt like if I was in prisoner).

Next ,at the pool you need to check in to get towels and make sure you return them when your done with your yellow slip. OMG really people all you want is to relax and enjoy your stay, but forget this, this is not cool. Next time I' ll try some where else. It's all about write you name here and there. They sould just save trees and stop wasting paper just to check out towels. Food by the pool very expensive and not good at all. Mcdonalds is better.

It's sad because this resort is very nice and it was nothing like this in the past.
Ooohhh...and mr. security guy that works at night big dude, thinks his all that......NOT....
Staff is not friendly at all would not recommand this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I hope that we can welcome you back to enjoy all the wonderful improvements that we have made since your last stay.

Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I booked a weekend here and chose the "Romance Package" with a mountain view room. We arrived on Firday afternoon and checked in. At check in the lady behind the front desk was less than friendly. More like a robot, but I just smiled and continued to the room. The "Romance Package" includes 50% dinner at the restraunt, 2 mornings of breakfast in bed and a bottle of wine in the room when you arrive.

We walked into the room. It was nice and clean, no wine and no mountain view. The view was a hillside full of homes. I called the front desk. They told me the wine would be delivered while we were at dinner and our room "was considered a room with mountain views". Okay?

We took off to dinner and had a fantastic meal. Not because the food was out of the world, but because the waiter did a excellent job. The food was good also, dont get me wrong. After dinner we headed back to the room and the wine was there so we just relaxed and went to bed. The beds are not comfortable. They are hard......

The next morning I called and ordered room service and when asked if I wanted sausage on one of the orders I told the lady that I would like Chorizo instead. She informed me that it was $2.00 extra.... Okay? That seems a little crazy when I am paying twice the normal rate for the package but I just blew it off...

Later that afternoon we went to the pool and were told that it was closed because of lightning and ordered by a punk security guard to leave. This was the final straw for me!

I returned to the room without a view and called the front desk. The person on the phone told me she was busy and would call me back. She called back and I asked for the manager. She told that someone would call. About 3 minutes later the front desk manager called me. I once again asked for a manager. Within 5 minutes the executive chef called me and introduced himself and told me that he would do whatever he could to fix our issues. He asked for some time to work on it and I agreed and asked him to call me back. He did call in about 15 minutes to tell me that he would switch our room and wanted us to be his guest for dinner. He then sent a bellman up with a new key for the other room. He also sent us a snack from room service while we switched rooms. The new room did in fact have a great view and we enjoyed our snack.

Our reservation was at 1930 and we had the same waiter. The service was amazing and food very good also. The chef stopped and visited us and the rest of our trip was nice.

The real problem I with our trip is that we spent almost $500 for a weekend in the slow season in Tucson and the treatment was way below average. The bed was hard and for the most part the employees of the hotel were not friendly. I will have a hard time making a return visit here and this trip will stick in my mind the next time I think of staying at any Hilton hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
I am sorry for your last experience, and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to deliver the hospitality that you should have initially enjoyed. Our rooms are renovated, and the views are still spectacular.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This hotel was amazing.. Wonderful staff! Beautiful rooms... due to the service and rooms here we booked the rest of our vacation at Hiltons... I loved this hotel..

The food here was pretty good too.. The pool gets packed early so if you want a chair.. show up early.

Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed July 9, 2010

This is a very, very nice hotel. Tucson hotels always offer summer deals and we found this one to take advantage of. The hotel is a large property, surrounded by a golf course. It has to be one of the largest hotels in Tucson. On check-in we were assigned to one of their casitas (a big Thank You to Hilton!) It had a a large living room/dining room, a separate bedroom, and 2 HD TV's. It even had a gas fireplace. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was great, and everything was very clean. Really no complaints about this hotel, or at least what we experienced with it. The only 'issue' with it relates to its large size and hilly environment. The casitas are on a hillside, and it is a steep climb back up, if you walk to the bottom, which we did. But overall, what a nice hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple