“Great place to relax and be pampered!”

El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort
Ranked #14 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed February 20, 2010

In February 2010, my husband and I spent six nights at the Hilton El Conquistador in Tucson. We have visited this resort several times: in hot July, cooler springtime and fall and pleasant winter months. Each time we have had the same very positive experience. We highly recommend this resort for relaxing or business!

The service was superb and friendly whether it came from those at the front door, front desk, beauty salon, restaurants, or housekeeping. Our every request was met with graciousness, professionalism, and genuine kindness and concern to ensure that our visit was flawless and memorable.

On our most recent February 2010 visit, our room was an extremely large king bed jr. suite. The door opened to a private foyer directing one into a very large room with a sleeping area and a separate conversation area (sofa, two large leather chairs, center cocktail table, desk and chair, and flat screen TV on a granite topped chest). The view of the mountains from the sliding doors in the room onto the porch was breathtaking! This suite had a walk-in closet, dressing table, and very large bath with ample linens and amenities. We especially loved the very white, smooth yet crisply ironed linens on the bed.

We had a great time and will return to this resort as often as possible.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed February 17, 2010

I attended a conference in Feb 2010 and was impressed first by the friendliness and down to earth attitudes of the staff. The rooms were clean and large and mine had a stunning view. The beds were comfy--loved the linens! Slept great--temperatures in rooms and all over the property were perfect--even in the exhibit hall and conference rooms! The property was gorgeous with flowering trees and flowers everywhere. Food was amazing--try the veggie enchiladas. I had them 2 nights in a row. Oh, and the egg white omlet for breakfast. Nothing seemed outrageously priced either. The only thing I wished was that the hotel was closer to other restaurants or shopping, but then I probably wouldn't have appreciated the hotel as much as I did.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Seems like many things that you're accustomed to be incl.in the room price is an additional cost. Never did determine if exercise room was additional or included. First room assigned (junior suite) faced a dirt hillside, and when asked to be moved the front desk was courteous but unaware that the room didn't have any view. The best part of the 3 day holiday was the on-premise 9 hole golf course. Courteous staff and an and un-crowded challenging course.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This resort has a beautiful setting at the foot of the Santa Catalina Mountains. The views are excellent, and the extensive grounds are wonderfully landscaped. Rooms are located in either hotel buildings or in single story casitas. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast buffet in the Sundance Cafe was delicious. I look forward to returning in the future when I can stay longer. This is a very scenic and relaxing place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed here 6 nights. I attended the Gem and Mineral Show but we combined that with visiting friends, golf, great food, and simply enjoying the wonderful Arizona weather. This hotel was perfect. It's north of town but close to good restaurants, shopping and outdoor activities. We had a large king room - very clean - with a wonderfully comfortable bed. Every staff person we encountered was pleasant, helpful and seemed quite happy with their job - must be great management! The outdoor grounds and pool area were beautiful. We didn't eat in the restaurants or use the work out room but I'm sure they were up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel. Didn't want to leave ... hope to return!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2010

This overall experience was very nice. Unfortunately, it did not begin with that feeling.

The evening prior, I contacted the reservations desk (lady I believe name was Caroline) to confirm my arrival as I routinely do when traveling. When I asked if she had my Hiltons Honor number (877122721), she quckly replied no and that it would not be applicable to this stay as I had booked with an outside service (Hotwire). I felt rather insignificant/unimportant...

So, I arrived a this very nice property and checked in with my wife. I mentioned to the check in employee that I had a rather uncommon experience with a Hilton member. As I made reference, she also rather quickly defended that this was an outside reservation and that my HH would not be recognized. This made me feel even less valued as a frequent user of Hilton properties.

Not that I wish to point out either of these employees, I rather point toward the bigger picture of how Hilton and their business-to-business partnerships created a very undesirable experience and taste during my recent visit. Regardless of how HH decides to manipulae B2B opportunities, I would advocate that your "bread and butter" HH members not be caught in such degrading recgnition.

On another note, I wish to recognize Abby and Terry in the lobby service area for their exceptional service and friendly conversation. They collectively made my wife's and my expeience one that we will return someday and again enjoy the El Conquistador. Please pass on our thanks to those two folks on our behalf.

Thank you for your interest....

Gary

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I was a guest at the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador in January 2010 for a five day symposium. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The food served in the restaurants as well as the organized banquet meals was above average and tasty. The property is lovely and provided lots of photo and walking opportunities. But the quality that stood out the most was the outstanding customer service...not just by front desk staff, but every single hotel employee! I truly have never seen an entire staff that friendly, energetic and concerned about our satisfaction and well-being. I would stay there again just for the staff!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business