First the not so good:
I stayed here in November for a few days on a business trip. I've stayed in lots of Hilton hotels and for a resort property I was a bit disappointed in the rooms. There was several of us staying here and some of us had more updated rooms, some of us not so I think if I had a newer room I would have given this property a better review. My room was dirty - dirty stained carpet, dirty entry way with cobwebs, and a dirty dirty light full of bugs, and in fact a spider camped out on the ceiling in the corner of my room, dust all over. One of my co-workers said the robe in his room which he assumed was clean had makeup stains all over the collar. The decor was a bit outdated as well, but honestly the carpet was so bad I had to wear socks. The bed was comfortable though. I did wipe this place down with Clorex wipes and personally I don't think you should ever have to do that, especially at a place where you expect quality. I did walk by a few other rooms on my way back up to the main building and could not help notice and they looked a ton better than my run down room. I guess my advice would be to ask for a newly updated/remodeled room. I was in 1518.
Now the good: No need to valet park - plenty of on site parking, but if you do valet the price is cheap - like $11 a day. The resort grounds are beautiful and you can't go wrong if you're here for leisure or business. Location is close to a lot of restaurants and was close into the main part of town where we had business and easy to find from the freeway. It's a good 45 minutes away from the airport. You do have to walk a ways to some of the rooms, but it's not so far taht you need to use one of their golf carts. I would advise, checking in, then parking your car and then finding your room. They provide maps but the layout is pretty easy. We did eat breakfast on site in the Sundance Cafe and the food was decent and was free for Hilton Honors members. Service was good too. We also had drinks in the lobby bar (Conquistador Lobby Lounge) and also had dinner on site one night -- Good food, good service. Only disappointment was the TV's in the bar area of the restaurant are small so if you aren't sitting at the bar and hoping to watch something it may be a challenge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton