Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Ranked #20 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, United States
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pro: We had a battery problem with our car and maintainance people from the hotel help us. Hotel is great, with different restorants and swiming pools Con: We didn't recive hosekeeping any of the 4 days of stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our '45th' Anniversary at the El Conquistador Resort in Tucson, Az. From the moment I made our reservations thru check in and throughout our stay, the hotel staff and restaurants made our visit personal as though we were the only guests there. It was phenomenal.

The room was very nice, the 4th of July fireworks were amazing and they made sure to give us a room with a balcony view of the fireworks display. The front desk sent us a bottle of Champaign and a slice of Chocolate Truffle Cake to celebrate our anniversary with a handwritten note from the crew. Doesn't get any more personal than that! Thx for helping to make our special day even more special! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have beautiful views of the Mountains but we especially liked the 4th floor pool view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annie H
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent Service! Excellent facilities! Beautiful room! I was only one day and it was fantastic! We used the pool and restaurant. The food is great! My daughter had pretty good time in the water slide, this hotel is children friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a casita room!
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night but it was great. The rooms were nice and spacious, the water areas large, and my 8 year old loved the water slide. We stayed in building 4. There are 4 main buildings. Building 1 & 2 are close to parking. Building 4 is a hike from parking. This was a repeat visit, and we loved as always.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our time at the El Conquistador for the 4th of July festivities! This beautiful property has stunning views from the restaurant Epazote (make sure you sit by the bar or on the patio). The service at the restaurant was great and the drinks were fabulous. They came up with a fun 4th of July strawberry infused tequila shot, to die for! We then decided to head over to the BBQ buffet which took place at the Last Territory. The food was amazing and the setting was perfect! Alcoholic beverages are not included but were at a very reasonable price; ranging from $2 to $6. The music was great but would definitely encourage the band to hire a few dancers to motivate the crowd! The fireworks were AWESOME!!! I have stayed at numerous resorts in Tucson and this place is still my favorite! The service throughout the property is great! Every time I visit I am always greeted by the bell men, the concierge, and the front desk (who always know my favorite room type), the servers at Epazote even know my favorite appetizer (crab tower). The rooms are in need of minor renovations but housekeeping does such a great job of ensuring the rooms are clean. If you are looking for a fun weekend for the family I encourage you to visit this resort!

Room Tip: When traveling with children, stay on the first floor of building 3 facing the courtyard but if you...
El Paso, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had stayed previously and it seemed a notch below our expectations. Overall we were satisfied, just not quite the great experience we had before. The food options were limited and staff beyond the lobby was average.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks for a work trip and really liked my stay. But I would recommend staying in a suite or elsewhere if you plan to stay longer than a week. Staying long-term was somewhat awkward and it would have been nice to be closer to restaurants or have a fridge and cooking facilities.

The hotel is very well staffed as the grounds are huge. There is the main lobby and restaurants building, the villas, 4 hotel room buildings, pools, golf, tennis, and lots of outdoor areas. I was in one of the villa rooms for the first week. It was close to the parking lot and not too far a walk from the lobby. The room was clean and comfortable, but it really needs to have a fridge. The bed was very comfortable and I got a good sleep. After staying in that room for a week, some people arrived in the room next door and got really drunk and acted loud and obnoxiously until very late at night. As I was staying there for work, I needed to sleep so I called front desk who put me through to security and they were told to be quiet. The next day I complained to the front desk and I was moved to another equivalent room that was much quieter. I also got a complimentary coffee drink from the lobby cafe. I appreciated their prompt handling of the issue.

My room overlooked the grounds outside. It's a well landscaped place. I didn't have time to enjoy many of the facilities, but the restaurant is decent as is the cafe. The service at both was exceptional.

The resort is located in the upscale Oro Valley area of Tucson. Everything is quite far apart, so you definitely need a car if you are staying there. There is lots of free parking at the resort though. Catalina State Park is a short drive away and the Linda Vista trail in the Coronada National Forest is walking distance. I enjoyed spending my free time outdoors.

I would stay here again if I were on vacation or on a short business trip. If I were staying longer, I'd book a suite rather than a regular room.

Room Tip: The rooms that don't have a door separating them from the adjacent one (so you can join up 2 roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business