I have just returned from a wonderful one week vacation with my big sisters (sans hubbies) at this lovely resort. First of all, this resort is located in a magnificent location, with jaw dropping views from nearly every vantage point. The long drive way up to the resort creates a special expectation. My sisters and I were not disappointed. From the warm greeting of the on duty doorman (excellent doormen daily!) to the efficient and friendly check-in with the front desk clerk, we were made to feel welcome. At check-in we were addressed by our first names, which surprised me. We thought it could be because everyone we encountered in the Tucson area was so friendly and formality no longer seems to rule in our day and age.The grounds are beautifully landscaped and are meticulous in every design detail. The staff is one of the friendliest I have encountered in a resort of this type. They aim to please and are most accommodating. This speaks well of management from my perspective. I am a former hotel executive and I know what I am talking about. The food we dined on was excellent and well presented. For breakfast, I preferred ordering from the menu versus the buffet. My one sister sister preferred the buffet, as she is a Vegan. She thought it had many wonderful offerings. Marissa was the best of the wait staff. Lovely! Evening cocktails/wine on the patio of El Epazote was a special and repeated treat with excellent service by the waitstaff and bartender. The coffee bar in the lobby where you can order a "Starbucks" and a light breakfast was a nice touch. The Barista was amazing. The only negative from this visit was the guest room. Although spacious, with comfortable beds, and notable bathroom amenities - the room was tired looking and the carpet in need of a thorough shampooing/cleaning. We did like the fluffy bath sheets and bath robes in our rooms. Our room attendant(s) were very thorough and obliging. I realize this lovely resort is going through a financial re-organization and no doubt during the off season, the rooms will be refurbished up to the expected standards for a resort of this ilk. My one sister is a former flight attendant and she reserved our rooms under an airline special rate, so perhaps the rooms we were assigned were in keeping with the lower rate. Both of our rooms had a gorgeous view and the balconies had comfortable teak patio furniture you seldom see in most resorts. The room's "Guest Services Directory" left a lot to be desired. Very little visitor information was available and we found ourselves having to contact the Front Desk more often than not to get the information we needed. All in all-a most pleasant stay at a lovely resort with more going for it than not. We would stay here again. It was a very pleasant stay. Kudos to the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton