“Beautiful Setting and property”

Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Took an impromptu trip to meet up with my parents. Drove with my kids to Tucson from Vegas. Was thankful to find they offered a Military rate. However, was disappointed to find I had to pay a resort fee when I checked in at 11:00 pm and then checked out next morning so did not have time to enjoy any of the resort amenities. Also, I had a limited time to shower and found there was not any shampoo ( just aloe gel and conditioner) so I had to forego showering as I didn't have time to wait for front desk to bring me more. My two young children wanted to play on the patio but there was a construction person using a jack hammer. Also, the beds were too firm.

Still giving 4 stars though because the resort setting was so beautiful and unique. Staff was also friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed eating at hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Although the hotel is a little further out the atmosphere is beautiful. The staff warm and friendly the breakfast delicious. The pools are amazing and the hot tub felt great even when it was cold out. Hilton you out did yourself on this amazing retreat! A must see place to visit!

Room Tip: Check out some of the local restaurants they are great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We are very pleased you enjoyed our resort. Thank you for recognizing the staff. We hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Dustin ( at the front desk from Santa Fe) was astute and intelligent and was very helpful in checking us out. What a polite young man! Mary at the coffee bar remembered our specific orders each mornig - this made us feel very special. Jim in the restaurant was friendly and personable and we requested him daily. Rachel at the pool was exceptional: what a wonderful personality and very helpful with a disabled traveler (my mother). Also Jasmine at the front desk was helpful in checking us in and making my mother comfortable. Chris from engineering was prompt and accurate in helping to make our room comfortable as well. I plan on making the El Conquistador Hilton-Tucson an annual vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our resort and staff. We appreciate you recognizing Dustin, Mary, Jim, Jasmine, and Chris they work hard to provide excellent guest service. We hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Best,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great spot to stay if you're in Tucson and looking to be near the mountains. Very attractive and well maintained grounds with a good sized pool which separates the kid's slide from the grownups. Fully equipped gym open 24 hours. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast that is reasonably priced. Very convenient to hiking (Catalina St. Park is minutes away.) and shopping at Tucson's more upscale malls.Rooms are fine but nothing special except for the views. Overall, a very relaxing place to be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very pleased you enjoyed our location and resort. I agree the outdoor activities at our resort and nearby are amazing! Thank you for recognizing our staff. We hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Best,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This has been a favorite hotel for our family for many many years. It has become a home away from home. From the minute we arrive, the staff exceeds all expectations. We are always greeted by a wonderful bellman named Kevin who knows us by our names and is extremely helpful when we arrive and throughout our stay. The concierge staff (Linda and Loretta) and front desk staff are excellent. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful areas of Tucson with amazing views. Breakfast is lovely, especially when it is warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the views. A wonderful way to start the day. ! The breakfast buffet is great, with many options to choose from. The main pool area is beautiful and very well maintained. We always have a wonderful stay at this resort. !

Room Tip: The four buildings that surround the hotel property are all convenient to everything. Building 4 is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Kevin, Loretta, & Linda. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort. We will look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel was nice, but because Hilton charged me a fee for internet services, that are provided for free at 95% of any other hotel chain, I will never consider staying with them again...Honestly, I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express's that were nicer than this hotel! AND, the internet was "FREE"! It's not that I couldn't afford to pay for the internet service, BTW, my stay was FREE because I used my Hilton Points, so this was not my first stay with Hilton, But I can tell you it will be my last...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write concerning your recent visit to our Hilton el Conquistador Golf and Tennis Resort. We are sorry you took exception with our high speed internet access charges. We will certainly take your thoughts into consideration as we craft our future internet access and pricing policies. You may be pleased to know that we offer complimentary high speed wired and wireless access in the lobby of this Hilton. We note from a review of your files that you were not charged for internet access during your visit. If our records are incorrect or if you paid separately for your access while staying with us, please contact us directly so that we may respond more completely to your concerns.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

All in all the place was nice, the room smelled like old cloths, the cleaning service was good, just a little pushy. Pet friendly for up to 50 lbs. Tennis, golf, bikes if you choose, the hiking was very pretty and I rate it a 4 if 10 is a hard hike.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Casita tucked away into the mountain and it was very quiet and pet friendly for our H...