“Positively Epazote”

Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
“Positively Epazote”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The newly renovated restaurant off the patio is super good. Great upbeat staff, management present and on it. Good happy hour, we met some locals who were very friendly and the food was mighty tasty. Pork nachos, ceviche and shrimp salad were the stars. If I was local - I would hang here too!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ribmaster1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family (about 14 of us) booked in to attending a family funeral. Having lived in Tucson before, I was very familiar with the El Conquistador when it was built in the 1970's but I was frankly stunned by how Old and Worn it was. Furniture in my room was worn along with carpeting that had not seen changing in years. The plumbing was OLD and clearly hadn't been updated in decades. The bathroom amenities were scattered around so you really had to hunt. Even then I never did find a shower mat and I really needed one because the bathtub was very slippery. The " Coffee Maker " brews this no-name coffee that is tasteless and frankly indescribable. I kept asking myself, " This is 5 STAR RESORT? " The pool (again OLD) has a huge rust stain on the bottom that made it look old, unclean and dated.

WiFi. The only free WiFi is in the lobby and to have it in your room is about $10 a day. HELLO...21st Century! The nickel and diming at this resort is inexplicable. Where most updated resorts and hotels provide FREE WIFI, The El Conquistador tries to rung ever penny out of it's guests. I'm not sure if this is a Hilton policy but the message that comes through is " We don't want you to come back. " And trust me, we're not.

Room Tip: Pray. As the hallway is very noisy, I would try and be at the end of hall.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill5042
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Lynn Ericksen
Tustin, California, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I visit frequently Tucson on business. It is great to be at the hotel. If you are Hilton Honors Gold/Diamond member, you are treated with benefits (upgrade, complimentary break fast / points). I love this property and thanks for hotel staff for their excellent customer service

Room Tip: It is dark out there nearly building 2 and 3. I requested hotel staff to add more lights near by. I...
holland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel has very honest people. I lost my purse with 200 dollar.
The cleaning lady found it and brought it back! I was so gratefull for that.

The room was comfortable and clean, the beds are oké and the food is good.
I like the view on the mountain.

It was a very pleasant stay.

1 Thank hobomo
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very helpful frontdesk and concierge staff. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The hotel location provides panoramic views and surroundings. Where ever we walked in the hotel, the staff were welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the valley
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marco G
Churchton, Maryland
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The staff was first rate. They worked hard to anticipate needs, not just meet them. When one of us wanted lemon, the waitress went to cut some herself. SOmeone else wanted cider vinger and our waiter found it and put it in a take-out container for her. .The last night, the restaurant/bar ended up without enough staff to serve well.

On the banquet side: It was about the best "group" food I've ever had at a fairly large meeting. Really healthy and enjoyable...And the staff there was lovely.

Gorgeous rooms, well kept. I am rooting for this group to book them again!

Room Tip: I got a King room, where there was more floor space than the two queen version. Building II has good...
1 Thank janebeard
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have had numerous stays at this property for both business and pleasure over the past years and have always been thoroughly pleased. The front desk staff is very pleasant and professional and have always gone out of their way to accomadate my needs. The grounds and pools are beautiful and well maintained and the pool staff is wonderful. Everyone on the staff is friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this property to anyone for either business or pleasure. The golf courses are beautiful and the people who work at the country club are also very pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top levels facing south towards the mountains have wonderful views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business