“A great stay, clean room, wonderful Pet Friendly Hotel close to Gem Shows”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #86 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We picked this hotel really because it had availability and was under $100. Had no idea what it would be like, bu we did check TripADvisor before we booked it. We were so pleased with the room cleanliness, the access to a small dog area, that made it so nice for our dogs. Plus the staff was nice and friendly and it was quiet, even though the hotel was full.
We went for the Gem Shows but also a little bit of vacation, if we had time. This hotel was perfect for us. It's not the newest hotel and the furniture is a little older...but it was very clean and everything worked....the shower stall was huge and had a great shower head, as well. We're going to get our reservations for next year right away. We'll defnitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 31, 2011

We were moving across country and decided to stop in Tucson for the night and then leave in the morn. We didn't need anything fancy, just a place to sleep. We were on the 1st floor right by the stairwell and it was LOUD. We could hear everyone walking by and we had the TV on. We could hear our neighbors conversations including blowing their nose multiple times...the walls are that thin. I'm just warning those who are light sleepers like me. I was about to leave, but we had two cats with us who just got adjusted to this motel and we had traveled for 12 hours and were exhausted. The shower was nice and the room itself was fine. If it wasn't so loud, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel for people who just need a place to sleep for a night. Luckily, our neighbors went to bed early or we would have had a LONG night of no sleep. The bed was pretty comfy and they offer coffee and donuts in the morning. If you stay here, I'd ask for a room on the second floor not near the stairs.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I live in a town full of hotel rooms...Vegas. I have to say that these rooms would of easily cost three times as much in Vegas. I found it to be very clean, early check-in , easy parking, and easy on to the freeway I-10. The down side is it's a little far away from the shopping malls, but what did I want for $35 a night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We were looking for a cheap hotel in the southern Tucson area and settled on this one. It was unremarkable, but a good value. Rooms were kind of old however fairly well up-kept and clean. They even had donuts for breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I had read other's reviews, and although at least one didn't sound real at all, it sounded like it was OK to take a chance on for one night at $32. Was a little shabby on the outside, and the location was smack on a huge busy intersection less than a block from I-10. Not a great area, but not scary although I did notice they had fenced in the parking lot in the back with serious chain link. They were surprised when I asked to see the room first--I was greeted right away by a smell that reminded me of an exploded can of Lysol and the traffic noise was easy to hear and constant, but I was hoping the a/c unit would take care of both. There's a MacDonald's and a cafeteria across the street, and the people at the desk couldn't tell me anywhere else to go, so I ended up driving around Tucson without a clue and ended up at a chain restaurant. i did ask about another room before i went, I was concerned about my nonsmoking room being surrounded by smoking rooms and was hoping to get away from the weird smell, but this didn't get any consideration. When i came back, the smell was still there and noxious, and never did go away. The room was small but had a decent bed, small couch, hairdryer, table, , wireless, desk, fridge, tv (I never turned it on), ceiling fan, and the a/c worked although the noise of it going on and off kept waking me up. Reasonably clean, altho I found some almonds under the desk. Shower was a big walk in. If it weren't for the traffic noise all night (I had people with giant motorcycles park right outside my room, too, at about 10) and the noise from the other rooms, I might have had a good night's sleep. People were still watching tv at 4 in the morning, talking, arguing--as an older motel I was hoping for better insulation. i didn't try the coffee and donuts in the a.m., i just wanted to leave and go to my meeting. If you're one of those people who can sleep through anything, it's probably OK for the price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2010

This makes the 4th time that I have stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn in Tucson Arizona and would highly recommend this Inn. The room is always immaculate and the price is very affordable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have stayed at every hotel in Tucson, and i'm here to tell you------ this is the place to go! I know what your thinking, "yeah right", but it's true. For the same price that you would pay at the rest, come to Americas Best. When was the last time that you stayed at a hotel for the low price of $32.00, with a room twice the size of the others ... with a full sized coutch.....swimming pool.....secutity cameras down every hall, and the parking lot.........you have to see for yourself.
Taras Randolph

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
LINDYLINE, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Thank you for your comment, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with
us.