“No refunds” 3 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #81 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
“No refunds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I booked for a five night stay. An emergency happened that I needed to stay in a hospital with a relative after a stay of 2 nights but was told they offer no refunds even for emergencies like this.
A pretty decent place to stay for the money you pay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pancho L
garybgomez, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am sorry about your crises. On our weekly rates all we can do is convert to our regular rack rate or if you have AAA or some other regular discount. If there is money due back after that we will of course refund that money. Our weekly rate is just so low the no refund is part of the rate. It's like advance purchase. We should have offered this to you. If you would like to give me more information I will be happy to check to see if we are able to refund some of your stay. Thanks for taking your time to let us know how we are doing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Refrigerator had to be replaced, floors creaked, no micro wave.. finally got one requested down stairs room we got 2nd floor We are over 75. Breakfast was a joke . Electric outlets were faulty
Tried to overcharge us! Mattress was almost older the us We could continue but we do not want to
bore you.Do yourself a favor and do stay. We have traveled the uSA and around the world this is not the worst but at at least #2

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pail M
garybgomez, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
She & her husband were on a weekly rate of $30 per day, this is our lowest rate. I spoke with her, I believe the rate misunderstanding was our weekly rates depend on room location & we gave her the better location at the lower rate. we responded to every request. I am sorry her frig went out, we immediately replaced it. We brought a microwave as soon as requested. There is no charge but we don't keep them in the rooms. We are not a Hilton. We provide a clean, well maintained property for a very good value. She did not contact me till days after they checked out when I could have worked with them. They chose to stay. If we didn't meet their needs we would have refunded the remaining nights and assisted in finding a property that did.

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through Tucson on our way from California to New Mexico on a Friday night. We booked this hotel through Hotwire for around $30 a night, so we weren't expecting a whole lot. We arrived, and the room smelled of smoke. The desk attendant gave us a new one, with no issues. The room we got next was very clean and exceeded expectations. We traveled for 3 weeks from MA to CA and back, and this was one of the nicest rooms we encountered. For the cheap price, it was definitely worth it. The other clientele were a little iffy, but no one bothered us and we never felt unsafe. The hotel was located in close proximity to the highway, Sagaro NP, Casino Del Sol, and many restaurants, so that also a plus. Overall, a fantastic stay at a great price!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
garybgomez, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for your choosing ABVI Tucson. Thank you for taking your time to let us know how we are doing. We are working on solving our problem with guests smoking on occasion in our non-smoking rooms. We deep clean these after these incidents. I am happy we were able to exceed your expectations. That is our goal.
Holgate, Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Overall, this place isn't bad. It really is a good value. The front desk employees were very nice. They didn't find our reservation, which was a little disconcerting but they had rooms so it worked out. They gave us a handicapped room which was weird because neither my husband nor I are handicapped. The room was clean, but it had a musty-type odor to it. The bed wasn't too hard and we got a good rest. It was quiet. Breakfast was very pretty lacking. Basically, if you're looking for a decent place for a good value, this is it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
garybgomez, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to let us know how we are doing. Value is our middle name! First let me thank you for your kind words about our front desk. They are really trying to take care of our guests. We really like to provide a nice, clean and comfortable room. I personally apologize about our breakfast. We are limited by the health laws and our facility. Without some major renovation we can't add too much more. We have added fruit and oatmeal. We offer the danish, coffee and orange juice. I will discuss this again with the owner. I also don't know why you were given an ADA room? I will ask. We have had some issues with our reservation system which were technical. I hope this has been resolved. Again, thank you for your comments. We take them seriously and will make adjustments to improve our service and our value.
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my 1st trip to Tucson and I went with a friend for a soccer tournament at Kino Sports Complex. This was located in a really great area, easy access to the sports complex, I-10, food, everything. I loved the ease of getting around.
The room was ok, my comforter had cigarette burns which was a little uncool but something I could survive. There was a bar of soap stuck to the shower wall that was there prior to our arrival and all throughout are stay, wish they would have cleaned that. Maid service is very diligent but comes a bit early (arrives at 8 AM) so if you want to sleep in make sure you put your DND hanger out. Staff was all very nice, no real problems. This was not high end by any means but it worked for sleeping. Never did make it to the breakfast so can't say how that was.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
garybgomez, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. It is very convenient to many Tucson attractions and just over a mile to Tucson Electric Park. Please accept my apology for the bed spread. I will make sure housekeeping discards that one. We will be updating our bedding package with all new bedspreads this year. We just re-carpeted 25% of our rooms in late Feb. Thanks again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed during gem show so the $125 we paid for a terrible room was a waste. The room was clean, but we only knew this because the entire room smelled like toilet bowl cleaner. We booked through hotels.com and when we arrived they only had smoking rooms and one handicapped non smoking. We took the handicap only to discover the joys of sleeping next to the vending machines. I felt incredibly safe (not) with a security guard with a maglite patrolling the perimeter as if he were looking for someone. The room is outdated, the bed sucked, I definitely didn't put my bare feet on the floor, and the front desk staff was slow. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Thank you for rating our cleanliness as clean, we strive to provide a clean environment. Our normal rates are a very fair value but during the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show almost all Tucson hotels are sold out. Finding a room can be a challenge. Relative to many properties during this period we are still a fair value. Booking the Gem show early is highly recommended and we offer very good rates for advance bookings for the show. I will look at our ADA rooms as I don't have your room # to check the bed. Our beds are usually rated well. If we need to change one out I will make that happen. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Room had a unique odor. Had to go to the front desk to get the extra roll of TP. The tube TV brought back memories, but very few present day channels. The towels must be the new "green"; so small and thin it was take next to nothing to wash and dry. It was very easy to track exactly what the couple upstairs was doing.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We did re-carpet 25% of our rooms after your stay. We provide value for a fair price but during the Tucson Gem & Mineral show the demand requires higher than normal rates.We apologize for the towels and TP issue. Thank you for your comments.