“above average, close to I-19 exit, helpful staff”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #86 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I spent 2 nights here on my way to Mexico. The room is above average, and the pool is refreshing in the 115 degree temps! The staff is very helpful. She let me use her computer to print out a document I needed. The room was clean, the bed comfy, and I enjoyed the free wifi and watching movies on HBO. I filled up my water bottle with the filtered water available in the lobby. There is a washer and dryer for guests. Breakfast is only coffee and donuts, so I went to a restaurant across the street, but I had better food at McDonald's, which is also across the street.

Room Tip: I called for a reservation and used my AARP
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank BetsyinOregon

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Don't let the price fool you. This hotel is much nicer than many hotels that charge twice the price. The rooms are clean and pleasant. The bed was firm and comfortable. The wireless Internet access was easy to sign in on, and was quite fast. The pool area is beautiful, and the pool is well kept. But perhaps the best amenity of the hotel is the people. They were friendly and kind. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank geekmouse
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have stayed at Americas Best Value Inn in Tucson many times over the last 7 or 8 years.
I have found all of the personnel that work the front desk to be very helpful and informative. The rooms are always clean, towels plentiful, showers always work right and all lamps and TV´s work.
The motel is close to the VA hospital which is an added attraction to many veterans.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I made my reservation online based on value. I would never have believed the excellent quality of the accommodations had I not seen it myself. The room was clean, well appointed, quiet, and very comfortable. It even had a ceiling fan! The room included a sofa which was comfortable and I'm sure made into a bed. The king sized bed was comfortable for sleeping. The only small detraction was the limited choice of stations on TV - list of stations would have been a nice touch but if that is the only detriment to the place, it is not bad. Plenty of hot water; no smoke lingering in the linens, drapes or room. Parking was just steps from the room. There was a nice swimming pool across from my room. I sincerely appreciated having access to the Internet at a computer in the front office area. I needed to print my boarding pass for my morning flight. All of the staff with whom I interacted were friendly and helpful. It was a very pleasant experience. The location was extremely convenient for me as I had to travel east to Sierra Vista early Wednesday morning, to the Uof A Wednesday afternoon and to the northwest on Wednesday evening for a graduation ceremony. The location is very easy to get on and off the freeway and is very easy to travel to other areas of the city. Finally, I paid less for two nights than my last stay in another motel where I stayed for one night - and without the great amenities offered by Americas Best Value Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank kstrvlr2011
LINDYLINE, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Thank you for your sharing your comments with other travelers. We appreciate that you found our value exceptional and changed motels. We look forward to a long relationship.
Belinda Butler,
Manager

Reviewed April 30, 2011

The hotel provided all we needed for our 2 night stay, 15 minute drive from the airport, donuts/danishes provided for breakfast and washing machine/dryer facilities for travellers.

Within walking distance to a McDonalds and service station but not much else, if you require dinner you will need to take the car. Old Tucson studios is approx 40 miuntes away which was a good day out.

Overall for a base, this hotel was fine.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I have been going to Tucson frequently over the last 15 yrs, always staying at the same Hotel. I came across Americas Best Value Inn by accident when I had to visit Tucson on short notice and my regular hotel could not accommodate me. Since that night I have stayed at the Americas Best for my last three visits. The location is further than I need to be, which easily overshadowed by the fact that my cost is half of what I used to pay and Quality is the same if not better. For the money you will not find a better Hotel in Tucson.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Motel was clean, beds were somewhat uncomfortable, the walls are thin so noise travels quickly. The property is right off I10 in a skeptical neighborhood. When we first pulled up we had some guy ask to use our cell phone and to spare him some money. I was worried about our car all night; luckily no one broke in. Front staff wasn't very informative and we couldn't figure out if pets were allowed or not. We snuck our dog in, only to find in the morning that pets were ok. There is a pet area on the property. If you are looking for a clean cheap place to sleep only then this place is ok. Just make sure you park your car right next door to your room. I wouldn't trust this place for a single person though, 2 or more is a definite!

• Stayed: February 2011