“Needs some rehab ... but the orange trees are cool”

Sonesta ES Suites Tucson
Ranked #47 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Needs some rehab ... but the orange trees are cool”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went there during Spring Break as there we a lot of college kids there. This is your typical older Residence Inn that needs to take some time and rework some of the rooms. I love my wife to death, but to always meet in the middle of the bed because it is worn out just is not romantic. The sleeper sofa was hardly more comfortable.

In order to get some sleep because of a bad back, I slept on one of the pool chaise lounges that I pulled into the room. It was better than either of the beds.

I am sorry to say that with the prices some of these places charge, the furnishings should be new every year. Definitely not where I will stay next time.

Room Tip: If you want a good nights sleep, stay away from the rooms facing Speedway Blvd. It is a very busy s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank oldnavy2001
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
OldNavy2001,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We are working to replace the beds that are becoming too soft. I am positive that your next stay with us will be wonderful. Please try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Totally pleased with my 5 night stay at the Residence Inn. The staff are helpful and friendly. The property is very well maintained and managed. I stayed in the "Double Queen", which has 2 private sleeping areas, one is a 2nd story loft. Each have their own bath. A comfortably appointed full kitchen and living room. The free breakfast and coffee were fine. Had breakfast there each morning. A wide selection of foods available with fresh coffee, juice, etc. as well. They also have a "meet & greet gathering several evenings,which was nice as well. Beer, wine and snacks were served. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor, in the building by the pool, and Speedway. It was quiet, so I'd imag...
Green Features: The hotel is nicely landscaped with Desert Plants.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tamara-Hilo
Dear Tamara-Hilo,
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Come back and see us again real soon.
CA, USA
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are fine, beds comfortable. No noise insulation whatsoever. Horribly loud a/c. Very genetic breakfast. When we needed a blanket for ghe sofabed, we had to go to the front desk to pick it up. There was also no person available to help hook up the DVD player, we were offered to come to front desk and get another DVD player. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Irene101,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are working very hard to increase our variety at breakfast, while still maintaining the consistency standards that Marriott requires.

I apologize that you had to come to the front desk to get the blanket. At this time we are working on ways to increase our staffing in the evening to help with guest delivery requests.

We truly hope you will stay with us again, so we may exceed your expectations.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We've stayed at a few Residence Inns, so we know to expect. We stayed 2 nights on our way from Long Beach, CA to Carlsbad Caverns. We always get a penthouse suite because it has two bedrooms (one is an upstairs loft, and the other is on the first floor closed off by French doors), a living area, and a small kitchen.
The service at this particular Residence Inn was good. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The person who manages the breakfast was very gracious about picking up all the stuff my little one kept spilling on the floor. The price is right too, about $100 less than the Embassy Suites in the same city.
The minuses (just mentioning for full disclosure, they really weren't a problem): the bathroom light was LOUD, when the kids go up and down the stairs (which they did incessantly) it seemed extra noisy, so I felt bad for our neighbors. Had to wait a few minutes to get a table for breakfast one of our days there. And lastly, it's 5mi off the 10 freeway, so it's not the closest place if you're just trying to have a pit stop on a road trip to somewhere else. It's close to University of AZ, though.
We'll definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in Tucson in the future.

Room Tip: We were in the last suite next to the public exit. There was no problem and it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anissa D
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Anissa D,
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks in January. The rooms are ok. It was the service that was inconsistent. My room went days at a time with no service. Some days I had to take my own used towels to the front desk, get new ones, make the bed, take out the trash, etc. On other days housekeeping came. All around an okay stay, just annoying to come back to a messy room after a day of work. Also one night they double booked my room so a couple of strangers came walking into my room. I spent my first week in Tucson at the Radisson next door, which was way worse, so I can't say this one was terrible.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
RebeccaED,
Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am so sorry for the inconsistency of your service. I will follow up with housekeeping to discover why the service issues. We very much want you to be able to enjoy your stay and relax after work. I would love for you to give us another opportunity to show you we can WOW you! We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This residence inn is definitely an older one. It is fairly worn, but, kept up very well. Clean, quiet comfortable rooms with older furniture. Still pretty clean. Breakfast was typical Res Inn fare. O K. Free parking. Trader Joe's a block away and Whole Foods 1mile away.

Room Tip: Quietist rooms are on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bleue2cv
Bleue2cv,
Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My stay at this Residence Inn Tucson was wonderful!! All the staff at this hotel was very helpful and very friendly. Also my room was very clean, the dinning areas was very clean and the food was delicious. The lady who check me in was very proffesional, I am very sure she loves her job.

Room Tip: Room close by parking area and close by front desk
Green Features: Saving electricity when nobody is in the room, turning off all electrical items. Opt for green cleaning Recycling paper and aluminum cans
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Jaime C,
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.