“Very friendly staffs and very good location for shopping and a lot of good restaurants.”

Sonesta ES Suites Tucson
Ranked #41 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed in Marriot residence inn on speedway for 4 weeks and this place has awsome friendly staffs. They have very good food for breakfast and free food in the evening with beer, wine, pops and different kind of juice. I and my group of people didnt get a chance to have that service however the hotel staffs were waiting for us to have that service. Just like your family waiting for you to have supper together! It was very nice of them. I've never had this kind of service And also have very good house keeping staffs to keep your room very clean and tidy! !

They have a good size of pool, hot tub tennis court, basketball court and a big size family bbq place.

Now, here I am back to tucson for another month to stay with same group of people at the same place because we loved the experience of staying in Marriot hotel residence inn on speedway!! Definitely recommend it! lol

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank jacob bjy17
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Jacob BJY 17:

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel and the staff. We always try to accommodate our guest needs and I am glad to hear that we have gone above and beyond your expectations. I am happy our staff made arrangements to keep the social hour going long enough for your group to have an opportunity to eat and made you feel like a part of the family. Extended stay guests, like yourself, are so important to us and I am so happy to hear that you are currently staying with us again. If you need anything during your stay, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We got one of the "penthouse" rooms (upstairs/downstairs) The lobby and hotel it self are very old and don't look that nice from the outside, but the room itself was updated and very clean. Everything worked fine and was a very nice stay. The breakfast area was crowded, but I think it was at full capacity due to basketball tournaments. The pool was nice enough, it had an outside basketball hoop which my kids used and a very small gym that I didn't find until the last day so I didn't use it. There are quite a few fast food restaurants around, the neighborhood itself seems very old, but we felt safe enough there. It was not close to the sporting arena where my kids played, I'm not sure what it was close to or why anyone would even travel to Tucson, but if I had to stay in that area for some reason again, this hotel was quite nice for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear TLY:

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am so happy to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. Our Penthouse Suites are very popular with families and I am glad that you enjoyed the accommodations. It is nice to hear that your family was able to take advantage of the pool and sport court. I apologize that we did not inform you of our gym facility, and I would also like to let you know that we have an agreement with a full service gym about a half mile from here that our guests are able to use free of charge. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

They have very good breakfast. Beside the regular eggs, bacon, juice ... they have egg and bacon wraps and sandwich.

They have someone serving wine and beer at the happy hour. It is like going to a restaurant and someone comes around and fill your glasses. I tipped her and we are both happy

Pros:
Good location
Friendly staff
Fast Internet
great breakfast
Good happy hour with beer and wine

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Tom Y,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It sounds like you really enjoyed our breakfast and social hour and I will make sure the hospitality department staff hears about your great experience. It is always nice to receive nice comments about the hotel and staff, since we take a lot of pride in giving service that goes beyond the expectations of our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us. Regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The room was spacious and the price was cheap. However the room also had a musty smell and the A/C and bathroom light were noisy. It's in bad need of being updated. I stayed because I like to get Marriott points and It was close to my destination. Last time I was in town stayed at the Westin and there is no comparing the two. My loss, but hey I got my Marriott points.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas Z
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Thomas Z,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the room you stayed in was musty and that there were some noise issues with the air conditioner and the bathroom heat lamp. These are all issues our maintenance staff would have been able to address, but I am sorry that we did not have the room in good working order prior to your arrival.

I am glad to hear that you got a fair price for the room, that you received your Marriott Rewards points, and that our location was convenient for you. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in town. Please feel free to reach out to me prior to arrival so I can have our staff double check your suite to ensure the issues you experienced do not occur again during your next stay. All the best,

(520)721-0991
matt.spencer@hhg-marriotts.com

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've stayed here many times over the years when we are in Tucson for the holidays. This is a great choice for families especially if you opt for the suite where there a 2 bedrooms including a loft on the second floor with its own bathroom. I think there is also a sofa sleeper. Kitchen is well stocked plus there is a full size refrigerator. Breakfast is included as is a weekday "social hour." We've never had a problem here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear ShawnCA,

We appreciate the fact that you continue to stay with us when you are in the area. I am happy to hear that the Penthouse Suite was a good fit for your family and just to confirm, all of our rooms do have a pullout sleeper sofa. I am also glad to hear that our kitchen met your needs and that you have been able to take advantage of both the breakfast and the weekday social hour. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel and look forward to your next stay with us. All the best,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a typical residence inn, very nice, clean, comfortable and the Manager's special food service is top notch. I have stayed at many different Marriott brand hotels and have not ever been disappointed. This one though is my favorite in Tucson.

Room Tip: Handicapped accessible rooms have extra wide doorways for wheel chair ease of movement and have easy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Mark A,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are your preferred hotel here in Tucson. Our evening social hour is one of our best perks and I am glad you were able to stop by and try our light dinner. We offer it Monday through Thursday, while other local hotels generally only offers it Monday through Wednesday, so there is even more opportunity for our guests to grab a bite in the evenings. It is good to hear that you were comfortable in one of our accessible units. Thank you again for the review. We look forward to you seeing you the next time you are in Tucson.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had our two teenage grandsons with us for a graduation celebration and the room was perfect for us. two bedrooms each with their own bathrooms. A hide-away even gave the boys extra sleeping space. A great kitchen for keeping healthy snacks & fluids for keeping up with the sun & outdoor time. The breakfasts were great. Location was good for the sites we wanted to include in our time in Tucson. People were friendly. We were even able to BBQ one evening.

Room Tip: The upper rooms were spacious & comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Judie V,

Thank you for providing us with some great feedback from your recent stay. The Penthouse Suite is a very popular choice for families and I am glad that you appreciated the extra space and the fully equipped kitchen the suite provides. The breakfast staff was excited to hear how much you enjoyed our breakfast and I am happy you were able to take advantage of our BBQ grills near our gazebo and fire pit. Our staff looks forward to your next stay with us.