“Beats the snow we're having now!”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport North
Ranked #100 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Littleton CO
“Beats the snow we're having now!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

This was a good hotel for its age. All it would take would be some paint and the place would look like new. Our room had a major water leak at one time that left water marks and mold. The room didn't come with a microwave as promised, but that was the least of our worries. The best part of our stay was the restaurant located across the parking lot. It is the Stagecoach Grill. We ordered "room service" at no additional cost for breakfast and dinner every day that we were in the hotel (six days). Mike and his staff are absolute gems!! The food was outstanding!!! This place really made our stay worth it. Too bad we won't be back for spring training at this location next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

The room was shabby, poorly maintained (masking tape keeping the edge of the headboard on, cracks in the dirty tile bathroom). The chair in the room was filthy, but the room was large (we did not have the fridge that people mention in other reviews) but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Hmmhmmbuzzbuzz
GMhotelpaloverde, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport North, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your stay. I wish I would of known that your room was less than perfect for you, I would of taken immediate action to get you into one of our brand new renovated rooms that are exactly that of the photos posted. It is true that some of the rooms are not renovated however I am doing 2 rooms per week. I would like to offer you a special stay in one of our beautiful rooms, so that I have the opportunity to make it right for you. Please contact me at donna@paloverdeinn.com or 520-294-5250 so we can talk, and to let me know what room had the issues so that I can make sure they are fixed right away. I do hope to hear from you soon.

Donna
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because of the distance to Raytheon where I had to go for work. I was taken back just by walking in the door. I travel every week of the year and have never been welcomed and treated so good not even at fancy resorts, as I was here. The staff is amazing. My room was so comfortable and the rate was so good for the value. I spoke to the Manager Donna and she was just a delight and showed so much care and concern for her hotel guests. Just a great great great place, clean, quiet, easy to get to any place in Tucsson. I felf so welcomed there that I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Bad Schwalbach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

I went to Arizona to meet up with friends and see the area.
I choosed the Palo Verde Inn & Suites from a website, while preparing the trip in germany. Although I had changed my plans after I booked the room and had to cancel the reservation before leaving germany, I faced another change of plans once arriving in Arizona and could actually stay exactly as I planed to. The staff was friendly and helpful and was able to get up my original reservation details fast and without any problems even the fact it was canceled almost 2 weeks prior to my arrival. Donna, the general manager was very kind towards me as well.
The suite I got was one of the newly renovated ones in the building across the lobby. Someone else remarked that the AC was old and loud, that is sadly true but it is not that bad to live with, especially on 110 degrees and if you shut down one of them once you returned to the room, the other one will cool down the suite enough while keeping the noise low. Well, the TV-programe was not too good, as well (considering available stations/signal quality)... but if you stay in the Tucson area you wont watch too much tv anyway. It seemed to me to have been connected to the renovations but it did not bother me enough to remark it to the hotel's staff. The regular stations were reachable. But other then that, the room was perfect! Wi-Fi connectivity was excellent! The bathroom and kitchen area were very clean. There were no insects, no bugs, nothing in the room. Everything was very nice.
The restaurant area was being renovated during my stay, so I can't say too much about it. Breakfast was served in the main building, upstairs from the lobby, serving standart american breakfast.

I will definitly stay at Palo Verde Inn & Suites again on my next trip to Tucson, it was exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Thank you so much for you nice review! It means so much to me to read the reviews and I really appreciate that you took the time to write one. I am happy to report that the restaurant is NOW OPEN serving breakast, lunch and dinner at reasonable prices and fantastic american style food. We have also gotten brand new signage and logo that is so pretty, I hope you will be back again next time so you can see it. P.S. I remember you, and it was so nice to meet you. How is Germany these days? I was there in 2007 and can't wait to go back next year.!

Donna
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

I along with 2 friends stayed at the Palo Verde Inn, and Never Again! The rooms for starters are not up to par. They say they are going through renovations. We reeived a "renovated room in the building distant from the main lobby. In the room it looks as if they just painted over wall aper and threw down some newish carpet. I dont knbow if it's a Tucson or desert thing , but the bugs in the rooms and the roaches that flock all over are just ansty. I would think they would exterminate or something. Need I say more?

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank BenHereBenThere
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

Our refurbished ‘de luxe’ room at the Palo Verde Inn and Suites was good value for money in an inexplicably expensive city. It was clean, comfortable and spacious with a good standard of extra amenities including fridge, coffee-maker, microwave, safe, ironing board, iron and wi fi, making the room suitable for a longer stay. The resident handyman was exceptionally helpful and friendly, so our stay got off to a good start.

The refurbishment does not extend to the aged air conditioner which was too noisy to use when the room was occupied. Clearly, this would be a greater concern in high summer than it was in early May. The plumbing needs more attention too, mostly because the build up of lime scale has not been removed.

Judging by the poor condition of the poolside room we were offered at one stage, the un-refurbished rooms should be avoided, despite a small saving in cost.

Our principal complaint is that we were not warned that a high school party was to take place in the function room adjacent to our room. Had we known in advance we would have opted to go out for the evening. As it was, we decided to spend the evening in the pleasant courtyard outside our room. The consequence was that we were subjected to all the usual antics associated with teenage gatherings, including in this case a continuous barrage of foul language. There was no effective supervision of the event and whilst it ended at a reasonable hour, the bad language ceased only when we remonstrated directly with the kids responsible.

We too were young once, we have had teenaged children and we believe that the hotel is entitled to let their function rooms for properly managed events. Our quarrel is with the hotel management who did not tell us what was in prospect and who made no attempt to respond to three separate requests over a 48 hour period to discuss the issue.

If the Palo Verde wants to re-establish itself as more than a bargain- basement stopover, it needs to show more consideration for its guests. The comments made by the hotel manager in response to previous submissions, which encouraged us to choose the Palo Verde, now ring rather hollow.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pwex
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

I selected this hotel based upon price and other travelers' reviews. My suite was large, clean, quiet, comfortable, and very affordable. Like many hotels, the in-room lighting is very dim, provided by compact fluorescent bulbs. Parking is plentiful and free. I did not partake of the included breakfasts because I left the hotel very early each morning. I did enjoy the hotel pool. The air conditioning worked very well, and I had to turn it down quite a bit for my comfort, even though the outside temperature was hitting 100 degrees each day. I had a problem the first morning with too little water coming from the shower head. A wonderful maintenance guy repaired the shower within a couple hours of my complaint. I recommend this hotel, but you should expect to drive a bit to get to most attractions (in return for the good price). I took my college-age son to the local greyhound racing track in Tucson. The track has seen better days, but it is a 10 to 15 minute drive from the hotel, and we had an enjoyable time. Parking and admission were free, and you could choose to wager or not. There is a snack bar, but we had dinner elsewhere (races start at 7:40 pm). It is a fun and inexpensive (or lucrative) night out.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo