“Hotel needs a total makeover”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport North
Ranked #102 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 8 years. The last time was terrible. I reserved a suite and got a room. The sheets and towels were poor. The toilet had to be snaked 3 times. The toaster in the breakfast room had to be circuit breaked repeatedly. The staff was attentive but when you are in a trap, where can you go. The Gem show, caused us not to be able to go elsewhere. Won't be back even if it was free.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rjajthrb
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Airport North

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I just got back from several days at this hotel and it was an absolutely miserable experience. The hotel had advertised itself as the best hotel in Tucson and nothing could be farther from the truth. Although I booked in October, and requested a non-smoking room, they were unable to provide me with one. I was surrounded by smokers in adjacent rooms and below me and the smoke filled up my room, especially in the closet and bathroom. The whole place just felt dirty and run down, paint was peeling off the walls, there was black mold in the toilet, and repairs to various items in the room were very poorly done. They allowed garbage to build up on the property, and there was no hot water for several days. Also tried to overcharge me (about double the booked price) at the end. I caught it and they adjusted, and did discount the bill by 15% for no hot water. Definitely stay away!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mike32825
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Terrible dirty old...never stayed lost money...i'd stay in car first....really...no lie...

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank pmstrelow
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed here because it was close to USA track. If you are looking for a room with four walls and a roof then this property will do. Room was clean.Sheets were clean but it was quite apparent they were going to use them as much as possible before replacing them, ripped and torn.Beds lumpy and old. Plaster in 3 different areas coming off of walls. Had hot water most of the time. especially after we brought it to their attention. Air conditioner not working, we were lucky it wasn't that hot. Breakfast offered was basically hot and cold cereal. Hotel personnel were polite. Value was excellent because rates were cheap cheap. Location was excellent because it was 5 min away from track.

Room Tip: Don't be cheap. Pay more for higher quaility room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here back in August, paid about $34 for a night. For that price, I got a giant room with a couch, desk, fridge, microwave, balcony. Sure, it's not the nicest, but it's certainly not bad. The A/C worked great. The hotel also had a free shuttle to and from the airport. I didn't swim in the pool, but it looked pretty nice. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. My only gripe would be that the WiFi didn't work in my room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2011

"I spent 3 nights I had a marvelous stay in Tucson Arizona at the Palo Verde Inn & Suites Hotel. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The lobby was very nice and put together. I love the 2 Jacuzzis the pool was big and clean. The room was wonderful, interiors have pull out couch coffee-table and table with 2 chairs. The rooms are big even to have company in it, large bathroom area and a coffee aria too I like that. It reminds me of a studio of an apartment. Very good service and some excellent dining near by too. Very reasonably priced too for a hotel. I'll defiantly stay there again."

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ty6088
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night after flying into Tucson. I was a bit concerned that there were so few cars in the parking lot. However, when we walked into the lobby we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked. The man checking us in was friendly and offered suggested places to eat. There were Halloween decorations out. We hadn't paid very much at all for the room and were happy to see that it was so large. It had a nice size table/chairs, pull out couch, large bathroom area. Overall it was a great value. So glad we stayed here Instead of a motel 6 or similar hotel that gets by based on their name alone.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank kpshevock
New_General_Manager, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience at the Palo Verde Inn & Suites, Tucson. I'm so glad to hear that you found the front desk friendly and the hotel to be a good value. Your comments are very important to us. Thank you again for providing us with your candid feedback.