All reviewsmorning breakfastan updateroom was clean and comfortableminute drivefreeway
Reviewed September 8, 2008

14th birthday for daughter, wanted to shop 4th ave. checked in late. friendly staff, was suprised hadto pay for internet in the lobby. was given non smoking, but the pool was nice at night.
clean and roomy

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 31, 2008

After having read a number of poor to average reviews for this property, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. The room was very clean and fresh - clean, new carpets and a very comfortable bed. The front desk staff was polite, accommodating and easy to deal with. The free continental breakfast included two cold cereals (Cheerios and Raisin Bran), Quaker Oatmeal packets, a variety of muffins, bagels and breads, fresh fruit (oranges, apples) and coffee/juice. The breakfast area was very clean and orderly, and there seemed to be someone from the staff there making sure that it stayed that way.

Some negative points ... the hotel pool area was very, very basic and the pool furniture was very worn out and broken. The area immediately surrounding the hotel was light commercial property and manufacturing. It was quiet, but an otherwise odd arrangement - however, there were a number of restaurants and fast food places within a two minute drive. My biggest complaint is that housekeeping starts very early in the morning ... on 3 of the 4 mornings I had at the hotel, I heard vacuum cleaners and other activity at 6:30 AM, both in the rooms above and beside me. That's a somewhat rude awakening!

Other than these small negative details, it was otherwise perfectly acceptable for a couple of days.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2006

The Quality Inn (Tucson Airport) sufficed for our needs. We simply needed a place to sleep, no frills necessary as we planned to spend our days elsewhere. We got exactly what we expected.

The free contintental breakfast ends at 9 am, so be up early if you plan on grabbing a bite. If you should happen to sleep in, no worries, as there's a Waffle House, Dennys, and many fast food places within a block or two.

Despite the proximity to the airport, it's far enough away that airport noise didn't affect us at all.

One minor thing- my boyfriend's baggage didn't arrive on his flight so he made arrangements with the airline to have it delivered to our hotel the next day. He alerted the reception staff so they would know to expect his baggage. Around 2 pm we got a call from the airline saying that the hotel wouldn't accept the baggage because he wasn't staying there (even though I included his name on the room reservation). We confirmed the hotel address with the airline and they said they'd try again. Several hours later, we got a frantic call from my boyfriend's mother. Someone had called her saying that my boyfriend's luggage had been delievered to thier hotel but he wasn't a registered guest. (They had called the phone number on the suitcase ID tag, which turned out to be his mother's home!) In any case, my boyfriend called and spoke with the hotel reception staff. Turns out, the morning staff had not alerted the next shift to expect his baggage. Although we were a little bothered by this oversight, we were grateful that the staff made the effort to clear this matter up.

Summed up- this hotel is good enough for a quick overnight. If you're looking for a "vacation" place to stay, go for one of the higher-end places.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We found this hotel to be substantially better than the reviews we read online prior to our trip. Because we were traveling without a rental car, our main criteria was airport shuttle transportation, reviews, and price.

While the price we paid was a little higher than we hoped to spend, we noticed that many of the travel "packages" offered on travel sites such as Expedia.com, Travel.com, AARP.org, etc. included lower priced, lower rated lodging. After being in a slightly higher rated lodging, we were pleased that we didn't try to save the additional money.

All in all, the hotel was very nice. The staff was friendly, the pool and spa area were kept very clean, the inside lobby was clean, the continental breakfast was nice.

We did have a slight housekeeping episode when the staff entered and straightened the room even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was posted on the door. We were traveling with a lot of medication, as well as a laptop and other items and really didn't want to deal with packing it up every time we left the room. When we showed the staff the "Do Not Disturb" sign, they apparently didn't even know what it said, as they kept nodding and/or shaking their heads, but couldn't understand us when we tried to converse with them.

We did contact the front desk and ask that no one enter the room while we stayed--we got our supplies from the housekeeping carts as they came by and we used the safe from then on.

However, we also noted that when they did enter, they didn't do a good job. For instance, one wastebasket was emptied, the other wasn't. They took used towels but didn't replace them. They didn't vacuum the floor that actually needed it. While it was an inconvenience, we had no other problems with housekeeping for the rest of our visit.

**One Note** This hotel is not the hotel advertised in the airport. When we used the courtesy phone at the baggage area, we were rudely told by the hotel employee that this was not the hotel we were booked at.

10  Thank Tucsontourist
Reviewed March 3, 2006

I chose this hotel for its convenient location near the airport, as I arrived in Tucson late in the night and my flight was leaving very early the next morning.
Despite other reviews, the room assigned to me actually looked wear-and-tear and in need of complete renovation: scratches on the room door, stains on the floor carpet, "vintage" bathroom...
Also, I wouldn't define the whole building (inner corridors and lobby) as particularly "attractive".
The rate (89 bucks + taxes) is definitely too high when compared to the hotel quality. I wouldn't probably stay here the next time.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business