“We liked it.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Kentucky
“We liked it.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had no problem with this hotel. The rooms were nice and comfortable and we felt mostly safe. They had a great breakfast included in the price of the room. We were waited on by the owner of the hotel the night we checked in and he was kind of odd. He was askign all about our trip and telling us about his big expensive trips, etc. Kind felt he was bragging about his money but maybe that was just his personality. We had no problems at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

As others have stated, the motel is an older property, but many of the rooms have been updated. The free breakfast is average, but the dining area is larger than most other Choice Hotel properties. The best things about this property are the proximity to the airport and the comfortable beds. All the staff were quite friendly and helpful, especially the desk clerk on duty when we checked in. He was wearing blue jeans, which seemed unprofessional especially when later we found out this is the property owner.
Two of the three ice machines were out of order, requiring us to go to the lobby and ask the clerk to get us ice from the back room. The grounds were clean and well maintained, overall.

Room Tip: Upon check in, ask for the locations of the ice machines if you plan to use any.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed on a Monday night in March. Hotel is older but somewhat updated. Decent small pool. Breakfast selection was average. Internet was kind of iffy...you had to go thru some hoops to finally get online but once connected it worked decently. This hotel seemed a little ways out of the main section of town but was ok and very good location if you need to be near airport. Shuttle service to and from airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my 3 night stay at this hotel. It is located closed to the airport and they offer a free shuttle to pick-up or drop-off. The rooms are older and the decor the same but they are clean and what I would expect for a hotel of this class for the rates charged. The WiFi is excellent from my room on level 3 (top floor). You also get a free brekfast which includes waffles, sausages, egg, cereals, toast and condiments. Free coffee, tea and juice are also available. The staff are very helpful as is the manager who assisted me with opening my in-room safe which had jammed. If you have a car , there is plenty of free parking. The city is approximately 25 minutes away by car. PIMA and the Boneyard 10 minutes away and the Titan Missile Museum about 30 minutes away. Unfortunately there is not much to eat other than fast food within walking distance, namely Dennys, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's and Carls Jnr. I woud recommend Sachiko Sushi however. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to Tucson.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JDBoy_nz
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I came to town for business and I didn't realize that the Gem Show was happening so rooms were a bit hard to find. I ended up here. Wow, $100 a night for ????? The furniture, TV, couch, everything have surely been used for years and years and years. The carpeting has wrinkles in it. There's a major patch in the bathroom ceiling that looks like an amature did the work and there's unfilled holes in the bathroom wall. When I checked in there were two gentlemen behind the front desk. They were not born here which didn't bother me but when they were talking back and forth to each other in their native language while I was being checked in I found to be very rude.... The breakfast was very good. I had an issue with the housekeeper. I don't think she spoke english but after some effort on my part she was able to take care of the situation so I appreciated that. The next time I come to Tucson I'll make sure it's not during this time of the month so I'll be able to get a nicer room somewhere else for what I spent here. And to bad this place is sooooo close to the city airport, and the Air Force Base. It was a nice day so I tried to leave the window open during the afternoon. No way could you do it. The noise from the planes was unbearable.

Room Tip: A very noisy location due to the Airport and Air Force Base plane traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dale K
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is not too bad for the price, but if I was in Tucson again I would probably stay at La Quinta down the road for the same cost. The rooms are pretty good, there is a breakfast included, the food is not too great but it does the job. The reception forgot to give me the wake up call I requested.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Tucson is a difficult place if you don't have a car. You may as well stay near the airport as there's not much downtown although this may change with the redevelopment of the city centre. This hotel is fine except that there's not much in the way of decent food in the area. Fast food, yes, but decent food, no!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo