“Lovely property, rooms could use a little update”

Omni Tucson National Resort
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I appreciate the location of this property even though I don't play golf because it's close to the Saguaro National Park and you are situated in a secluded gated setting, very quiet, beautiful landscaping. The main pool is beautiful and well maintained. The hot tub by the tennis courts was ok but not cleaned at about 10 a.m. one morning, so some smaller details would make this a more appealing property. The room was a bit dated and the bathtub in Room 407 really needed to be swapped out, it was cleaned but had gross stains from a previous bath mat that looked like it hadn't been moved in a decade, Omni's standards are generally better and they need to fix this but overall the room was spacious and the bed was comfortable and the property is quiet. Bob's restaurant was good, service was excellent.

1  Thank Joseph M
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback from your recent stay. It is disappointing to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. We also appreciate you sharing the positive feedback regarding our great staff members and location. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Resort grounds are lovely, the suites are huge and nicely laid out, but rooms are extremely dated. All personnel were friendly and helpful. Restaurants ok. The spa is not recommended for massage - massage therapist missed most of the body during the massage and used oil that was very hard to shower off.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

We appreciate your review about the Omni Tucson National Resort. We do apologize that your massage fell short of your expectations. We are happy to hear that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back for a stay that exceeds all of your expectations.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very nice accommodations. I liked not being stacked floor on top of floor. The rooms were spacious and very nicely decorated. The kitchen was a bit outdated, and the TV's should have been flat screen, but I didn't come there to cook and watch tv.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Omni Tucson National. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We will look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I am originally from Tucson so I know the hotels in the area. I go home 2-3 times a year and, without fail, choose Omni for my stay every trip! It's luxury feel without luxury prices. What do I mean by 'feel'?

The rooms are gorgeous. Sure, some have been updated and others have not. And admittedly you can find more luxurious rooms in other Tucson hotels. But the Mountain Vista rooms are updated, beautiful and incredibly comfortable.

The views are stunning. Again...the most beautiful views in Tucson....? No. But they are still pretty terrific and I can get a straight on view of the Catalinas (one of the things I miss most about Tucson).

The staff. The amazing people that work there. That is what puts Omni over the top for me.

Starting with the email I received from Roberta Quijada (Loyalty Manager) a few days before I arrive, asking if I need anything during my stay....to the warm greeting and easy check-in with the Front Desk staff...to the team in the Restaurant at breakfast...to the folks in the Bar in the evenings...Housekeeping...the Spa team..... Every person that works at the hotel goes out of their way, every time I am there, to make my stay wonderful.

Never would I stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for the Mountain Vista rooms. Not as large as the suites but updated beautifully and overlookin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

It is a privilege for us to have you as a returning guest and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We take pride in our associates and their ability to provide each of our guests with an exceptional experience. We are delighted to see that reflected in your stay and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were excited for a short getaway to Tucson and thought the Omni Nation would be a good choice based on reviews. We were very disappointed in the Casita. Updating is desperately needed: the bathroom sinks had multiple cracks and looked dirty and awful, the light switches were literally black with dirt (I cleaned them; I could not stand it!) the curtains were very dirty and had stains all over them, the patio area needed to be swept and had beer caps strewn about, the bed was very hard and not comfortable, and there were stains on the carpet. Whew, it was not pleasant. To top this off, the high-speed internet access was terrible. Since we own a business, even when we are on vacation, we must check in and getting on line was next to impossible. When we went to call the front desk to find out if there was a problem, we figured out that the phone did not work. While that is not such a huge deal in this world of cell phones, it was a bit of a pain as we could not call to get a ride to the main pool (it is a bit far to walk if you are in the Casitas and not staying in the main hotel) so we just had to drive our car (while we reported the problem with the phone and internet access, neither one was ever fixed in the 3 days we were there). One a positive note, the staff was very kind and the main pool is very nice. The pool bar had great drink specials everyday. We choose this hotel based on reviews, and I believe most of the positive reviews were people that stayed in the main hotel. From what I could determine, that part of the property has been renovated and those rooms are beautiful. I am guessing that the photos the resort shows on line of the rooms are these, as the bathroom we had looked nothing like the photos. At this point, we would not choose to stay here again as there numerous resort options in Tucson that are much nicer for the same price or even less.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, make sure you get a room in the main hotel, not the Casitas.
1  Thank Youngimpressions
Reviewed May 6, 2014

In town for business locally, and was so impressed with the rooms and the rates that I've decided to switch from another hotel/resort that I was staying at to the Omni for the remainder of the 8 weeks I will be in town. Fantastic Rooms!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

What an honor to be at the top of your list of Tucson Hotels. We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and decided to switch from another property for the remainder of your stay. We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a very enjoyable time. The staff is great and very friendly. We stayed in a Casita that was very spacious, but it requires some updating. The patio furniture also requires some updates. The patio chairs were extremely dirty to the point that one would not dare sit in them. The room was great, although wireless was spotty. The curtains need to be changed (according to my wife), but the room was great. We did not see the rooms up by the main building and they may be more up to date. The main pool was perfect, but the pool down by the tennis courts was not well kept, which may have explained why we were the only ones other than one other family to even use it while we were there. The overall size of the resort was much to my liking as it was quiet and less people.

Room Tip: I would ask for something up by the main building unless you want to be secluded from everything.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us! Please accept our apologies for a less-than-exceptional experience. It is one of our top priorities to provide upscale service and products to our guests. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of the guestrooms have been forwarded to our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Rooms to be addressed. We will certainly make sure to increase the number of times we clean and service the lower pool area. We wish to provide you with a flawless experience, and hope to have another opportunity to do so in the near future.