Omni Tucson National Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,608 results
All reviewsgolf courselegends barbob's steakhousewalk in closetdriving rangegreat golfpro shopplay golfmain poollarge bathroomfire pittennis courtsfull kitchenbeautiful propertysitting areafitness centerfiesta
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Omni Tucson National and I must say; Omni never fails to impress. Their friendly and knowledgeable service is unrivaled. You will immediately feel relaxed the moment you drive in. The hotel grounds are so beautiful and really capture the essence of a desert oasis. Our two thirteen year olds loved the saltwater swimming pool, the serene spa locker rooms, and all the great places to explore. My daughter and I got a great deal on massages and it was a wonderful experience. Our therapists were very kind and gave us the most relaxing and effective massages we had ever had. The only thing that was kind of weird was the small brown stain on our room floor, but that wasn't a big deal. Also, there are two restaurants on site: Legend's Bar and Grill and Bob's Steakhouse. I recommend skipping Bob's and going to Legend's. Bob's looked pretty good but it was outrageously expensive. Legend's has delicious food and a great atmosphere. We now stay at Omnis whenever we can. You will not be disappointed with this desert oasis.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the casitas around the 9th hole are nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JMK220
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share such complimentary remarks! We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We will look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We booked a 'Mountain Vista Premier' room which was enormous, recently renovated and tastefully furnished. Massive bath, incredible water pressure, free wifi (a bit slow) in the room, great bed.

Pretty amazing room for $150/night - note that 'mountain vista' doesn't mean you will have a direct mountain vista from your room (that is made clear when you book so is not a complaint).

Boyd's welcome at the door was great - super-friendly, genuinely welcoming and he immediately made us feel relaxed and at home.

We didn't meet the famous Johnny (the concierge) until we were leaving - don't make the same mistake and be sure to check in with Johnny early on. She is truly a force of nature; a charming, charismatic font of knowledge with a cheeky sense of humour.

The pool is OK - it's not amazing - and very unusually has no showers nearby, despite the usual 'shower before using pool' instructions.

Breakfast was vast and good quality, dinner options were good but not exceptional.

It's hard to imagine getting a better room anywhere else at the price and the staff were great.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank microcuts

Thank you for your positive comments from your recent stay at the Omni Tucson National Resort. We are happy to hear that Boyd and Johnny and our other staff members were attentive to your needs. If you are back in Tucson, we hope that you will once again choose to stay with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked an overnight golf getaway and we were warmly welcomed and allowed to check in early. We started out with a tee time on the Catalina course and then we did not have a ticket to give the starter, he let us move on. We then waited on nearly every hole! At turn on 10th carts were stacked up, last nine was worse then front. We then enjoyed lunch at legends until offering a dessert, oven issues and 15 minute wait for something they called cobbler.....more like a baked cake!

The room and pool area were lovely but be aware there is not a bit of shade at the pool. After being in the sun for hours golfing, we stayed in until sun went down. Dinner was planned for onsite steakhouse but they were closed on Mondays.

We started our day Tuesday at what is suppose to be a four star spa, but we would rate it a 2 at most. The pedicures were done by someone who had worked there one month. The chair did not work and no heat or massage or comfortable position as it was against the wall. The second chair was not in service. My pedicure was less than acceptable. Massages were supposed to be as a couple, there were not "new girl must have gotten confused". A man entered through the ladies lounge, twice in fact and he appeared to be a staff member. Whirlpool in women'slo locker room was so intense the water sprays up and over your head and drenches you. The jets seem to be aimed up and out of the water and area becomes drenched in walk areas.

Finally we had late check out. After massage returned to room, key did not work. Then after getting in and hoping for a quick nap, housekeeping was banging on door telling me we needed to check out. It was very apparent that one dept does not speak with another.

After spending $600 for an over night that included 2 rounds of golf, lunch and breakfast and spa services we certainly did not get any level of 4 star service. To top it off my husband left a few items in the room, new golf shorts etc. Still no call. There are many fine hotels in Tucson that are rated accurately, the Omni National is not one of them. What a disappointment.

Room Tip: Do not select a room near pool. Day begin with loud music at about 7 am and then children in the pool both evening and early morning.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tltallen

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. We offer our sincerest apologies that your stay was not up to your expectations and the service lapse you experienced. Your feedback has been shared with the staff as we are constantly striving to improve our service delivery. Once again, please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay and we truly hope to have you return and allow us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Okay, okay. So it is technically not an accident. Serendipitous really. My husband and I traveled to Tucson to visit family. We made reservations at a Hyatt - the first morning of our stay I arose to shower and much to my surprise there was no hot water. I mean. No. Hot. Water. (Insert gasp here). I'm almost positive a hotel, in order to be called a hotel, must offer AT LEAST two things. Hot water and a comfortable bed. Notice, I used the word "and" not or. Both must be present. I called the front desk, they excused themselves by saying the hotel was at capacity. Uh, forgive me, but shouldn't a hotel still operate and meet standards when they are at capacity? I would understand if they were OVER capacity. But AT capacity? Honestly. Buy a water heater that can serve all guests, not just the lucky few. The management offered no recompense and so I set my husband to search for a comparable alternative. My husband loves to golf, so I am not convinced that he was actually searching for a new hotel. I think he was lucky enough to click on an ad for the Omni whilst reading about golf. In any case, what he found was beyond comparable! The Omni is a true oasis in the desert. The staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming. Our room (we lodged in a hacienda) was spacious and although the decor is a bit dated, it was attractive and offered a variety of up to date amenities. The spa is available to guests and features a hot tub/cold plunge - so invigorating! My family agreed that the pool nearest the tennis courts was the warmest and best for kids. The zero edge pool offered a more subdued atmosphere with timely waitstaff attending the full service bar. We partook in a few games of sand volleyball. Enjoyed breakfast in bed once. A word of warning, this particular Omni resort is a bit "retirement community-esque" but in my mind anyway, this is exactly the kind of stay I find relaxing. It was not replete with raunchy twenty-somethings or nauseating couples who can't keep their hands off each other. If anyone is manhandling anyone, it would be the paramedics loading up a geriatric guest who'd had one too many Old Fashioneds. (I'm sure I am stating the obvious here, but I am a fan of hyperbole.) Paramedics or not, we still experience the same satisfaction every time we visit. In fact, I think I'll head over to the website to make reservations for another future stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DelMargo

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share such complimentary remarks! It is our priority to exceed our guests' expectations, and we are pleased to hear that we met, and exceeded, yours. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fourth time at the Omni. Great staff! You can tell they take pride in the place. The Omni has a great feel to it. Golf is a bit challenging but this is a championship course. Wonderful pool for kids and family. The guest room is large, large and comfortable. Definitely relaxing, great bathroom!

Room Tip: Close to the pool is best!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tag1990Ken
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thanks you for your review. Our goal is to treat our guests with the best service possible, no matter what age. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit us again soon. The weather is perfect and it’s a great time to visit Tucson.