WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #124 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Texas
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I only stayed here because a family member had rented the room for my family and I. This place is truly the worst hotel that I ever had stayed at and I mean that. The place looks like an area that would be known for illegal activity as is poorly lit. The rooms were extremely dirty to include the walls (which seemed to have blood stains on them). The first problem was that when we got our first room, the toilet literally didn't work. It was broken from the inside of the toilet reservoir.

We called them and advised them by which they had to move us to another room. The issue with the second room was that after returning back to our room from being away, our magnetic key would not open the door. We went to the front again and asked for another key but it didn't work as we later found out that the door didn't open. My stuff was stuck in the room and when I went to report it to the front desk the young lady stated that her manager was the only one who had a key and he wouldn't be there until 10pm that night. I literally had it and demanded that she find a way to open the door or get our stuff out. She somehow found a key and opened it up for us.

On a side note, the room had only one towel so when I called the front desk the "manager" to ask for additional towels he stated that "Housekeeping" was the only one who had extra towels and that it would be until 11am of the next day. This place is falling apart and every wall seemed to have blood stains or some type of stains. Had it not been paid for I would've left. If you are reading this please know that this is the ghetto and it is in bad condition. I don't understand how ChoiceHotels are willing to put their name on this "motel".

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel unless you want to feel like you are in the "projects".
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank ramijo1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were visiting family and looking for a cheap place for several nights. This fit the bill for that aspect, but there were several issues where the rooms were not as advertised.
We booked two rooms--one a single queen and the other with double queens. One used booking.com while the other used a corporate travel agency. The single queen room was NOT queen, but a full size bed. When we complained the next morning, it was a story of how this was a problem with booking.com and the place was busy. BUT, the double queen room--booked thru a corporate agency--was also 2 full size beds. It was a song and dance as well.
They changed the single queen to a king room, but said it was "too busy" for the double queen and they just didn't have any. I am not convinced they even HAVE queen rooms. The place was deserted during the day and travellers wandered in during the late evening hours.
For the king room, the AC didn't work and only blew heat.
That said, the room was clean and modern. They have free coffee from 6:30-9:30, an onsite laundry for $1.50 for wash or dry, ice machine.

Room Tip: Be very careful with Queen rooms!! They may not be as advertised!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank svragman

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Cottonwood, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

When I tried to make a reservation I was quoted a price and told a reservation was not necessary as they had plenty of rooms. When we got there the price was different and they insisted they never quoted the price I was given. I was essentially called a liar but, it was late and we were tired so we accepted it. It was a bait and switch. No remote for the TV - we had to go to the office to get one. One set of towels for two people. We had to got to the office to get more.The bed and shower were clean but the room and grounds were not. The parking lot was full of trash and cigarette butts. No breakfast even though their website said continental breakfast. The clerk in the morning told me they never advertised breakfast and again virtually called me a liar even though I presented him with a printout of their website.

Room Tip: find another motel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Barbara J
Safford, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I decided to try this Motel as my wife and I frequently travel to Tucson. When I arrived, no one was in the office. There was a sign that said they would return shortly, please be patient. I waited about 10 minutes then started to wonder if anyone would come to check me in. I left the office and looked about the grounds but did not see anyone associated with motel. I returned to the office and waited a few more minutes, I was getting ready to leave when a young lady with a motel t-shirt walked by on the sidewalk. I tapped on the window to alert her I was there. She came in the office and I said," I would like to check in". She shouted at me, "Why did you tap on the window" ? "You can't read or something and held up the sign on the counter for me to read". I did not even get a chance to speak, so at that point, I said to her " I really do not need to stay here" and walked out of the door, and went to the Red Roof In where I was no only treated with courtesy but the rooms were immaculate,
I felt the person at the Roadway Inn was rude. I will not venture to stay there in the future, life is to short and harried to put up with poor treatment.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Isidro M
Wellton, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have stay a few time not bad there only one wash cloth in room sheets are bad patches in them. bed cover have burn hole in them and from the old motel 6. but this was the last straw we was asleep at 7.00 light tap on door sound like next door making noise that woke me up next thing out door comes open. with the hatch hooked I moved where fast for me disabled not sure how. slam door and look out window said he was the manager and need to check our t.v. What kind of crap is that we ask the girl at the front desk to call the police she refused the person who check me in came and said it was the other manager and it was a mistake. You don't even have a working phone in your room along with needing the shower fixed We left and we did get our money back but this is be post so hoping other don't have to deal with this the head office said they would look in to it. We will see I what this place close or go broke.

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will be sorry. Not to sure of Motel any more after this
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fern M
Hermosillo, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

I slept there at the end of January 2011. I was guided by the reviews and I took the chance... Mmm not that sure it deserves 3* altought I am not that picky. All in the room is basic as any Motel 6 but the carpet in the 2 rooms we rented were more than filthy and dirt. But you get what you paid for. Tucson Airport is not that close as expected.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FEnriqueCV
Studio City, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

I pulled in here after a long drive, but even as tired as I was I wouldn't sleep in the bed. The room was so gross I couldn't get into the bed or use the shower. The heater only blew cold air and when i took a closer look i saw that the filter was caked with dirt & gunk. The TV didn't work properly, you couldn't adjust the volume. I've stayed at some nice Motel 6's, but this one was just awful.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo