New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #124 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Safford, Arizona, United States
“Rude Check In.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I decided to try this Motel as my wife and I frequently travel to Tucson. When I arrived, no one was in the office. There was a sign that said they would return shortly, please be patient. I waited about 10 minutes then started to wonder if anyone would come to check me in. I left the office and looked about the grounds but did not see anyone associated with motel. I returned to the office and waited a few more minutes, I was getting ready to leave when a young lady with a motel t-shirt walked by on the sidewalk. I tapped on the window to alert her I was there. She came in the office and I said," I would like to check in". She shouted at me, "Why did you tap on the window" ? "You can't read or something and held up the sign on the counter for me to read". I did not even get a chance to speak, so at that point, I said to her " I really do not need to stay here" and walked out of the door, and went to the Red Roof In where I was no only treated with courtesy but the rooms were immaculate,
I felt the person at the Roadway Inn was rude. I will not venture to stay there in the future, life is to short and harried to put up with poor treatment.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Isidro M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wellton, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have stay a few time not bad there only one wash cloth in room sheets are bad patches in them. bed cover have burn hole in them and from the old motel 6. but this was the last straw we was asleep at 7.00 light tap on door sound like next door making noise that woke me up next thing out door comes open. with the hatch hooked I moved where fast for me disabled not sure how. slam door and look out window said he was the manager and need to check our t.v. What kind of crap is that we ask the girl at the front desk to call the police she refused the person who check me in came and said it was the other manager and it was a mistake. You don't even have a working phone in your room along with needing the shower fixed We left and we did get our money back but this is be post so hoping other don't have to deal with this the head office said they would look in to it. We will see I what this place close or go broke.

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will be sorry. Not to sure of Motel any more after this
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Fern M

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Hermosillo, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

I slept there at the end of January 2011. I was guided by the reviews and I took the chance... Mmm not that sure it deserves 3* altought I am not that picky. All in the room is basic as any Motel 6 but the carpet in the 2 rooms we rented were more than filthy and dirt. But you get what you paid for. Tucson Airport is not that close as expected.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank FEnriqueCV
Studio City, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

I pulled in here after a long drive, but even as tired as I was I wouldn't sleep in the bed. The room was so gross I couldn't get into the bed or use the shower. The heater only blew cold air and when i took a closer look i saw that the filter was caked with dirt & gunk. The TV didn't work properly, you couldn't adjust the volume. I've stayed at some nice Motel 6's, but this one was just awful.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank SFVguy
long island new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

had to leave because of cockaroaches and bedbug infestation.
DO NOT GO THERE!

• Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank vickswan