“Cockroaches on July 2012 - Read below if that still isn't enough.”
Review of Regal Inn

Regal Inn
Ranked #118 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was going to file this under "what the heck did I expect?" Then I saw their website proclaim "Tucson's cleanest budget motel".

During a road trip, my girlfriend and I wanted a place to close our eyes for 6-hours. We stopped in a row of low budget motels advertising their rates from $24 to $38. At night, they all looked unsavoury but bizarrely, the $24 Regal Inn looked most appealing.

The outside looked clean, the lobby was tidy and the girl working the counter was friendly. We thought we chose wisely.

Inside, the room was damp and small. We had no toilet paper, 3 small towels and one pillow. We got toilet paper at the front desk but, a 2nd pillow was beyond their means. We slept uneasy wearing our clothes and hit the shower early to get out of there.

The shower was quickly vetoed when my girlfriend saw a roach scamper across the floor. The $24 price isn't worth the stress of wondering whether a crawly critter snuck into your bag to find its way home.

Room Tip: I would NOT recommend room #126. Maybe the rest of the building make it "Tucson's Cleanest...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdventureArt

Reviewed February 26, 2009

the staff were very friendly and helpful here, and recommended a nearby restaurant. the room had no tv remote and staff quickly found one for me. they also gave me a room in the back of the motel-roooms in the front of the motel would be very noisy because they face a freeway. the room was very clean and was actually a smoke-free room, w/o the brown cigarette grime on the furniture!! the price was low for the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2008

This time, the stay at the hotel was perfectly acceptable. I asked for a room as far away from the pool as possible. It was clean, quiet, and had a coffeepot. I was really reticent to return as the first stay was next to the pool. The first stay, they allowed unsupervised children to play & scream well past 1030 at night. We finally demanded to move, and they put us in a nasty smelling room, that also was a smoking room. We suspect it was a rent-by-the-hour room. I am writing this reveiw to "give the devil its due -- and recommend that you ask to be away from the front and pool.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I go in a Motel 6 when I don't arrive to find a motel at a good price during the famous incredible prices fridays and saturdays nights.
I don't like these motels even if they are cleaned and all over the country for low price ; rooms are small,furniture aseptized, breakfast not inclused, exept a coffee, no wifi.
But priced are fixed and you know what to expect when you arrive there: No fun but no surprise... you're in a motel 6.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 14, 2007

I stayed there for four days. I was hit on by a hooker in the parking lot. There was constant noise. I was not afraid for my safety since I am a very large, intimidating looking man but I would never bring my family to this armpit of motels.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Gizzly_Atoms
Reviewed June 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed here as we were going to Tucson for a concert. Normally we would have stayed at The Congress Hotel, but we were looking to save a bit of cash, so we opted for Motel 6. Had I known how bad the accomodations were going to be I would have gladly spent the extra money to stay somewhere else.
Upon arrival it didn't seem too bad. The area appeared slightly sketchy, but I wasn't too worried. Once we got inside the room it looked so dirty. I went into the bathroom and the towels were damp and one was even completely dirty. It looked as if it had been dragged outside and run over with a car and the toliet had dried urine on it. It had appeared that the room really hadn't been cleaned at all.
We did spend the night in the room, but I refused to take a shower because I was not going to use the filthy towels. We waited until we got back to Phoenix to shower in our own home.
I would NOT recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LadyCub
Reviewed April 7, 2007

This was the WORST experience I have ever had in motel stays.
I planned an Arizona trip with my 8 year old grandson, with 2
nights in the Grand Canyon and 2 days in Tucson. The rest
of the week was to be in Phoenix.
We checked in here and went to take a swim in the small
pool. It even grossed out my grandson. There was trash floating in the pool and it was otherwise visibly dirty and freezing cold.
The room was also dirty, i.e carpet, tub, sink, etc.
We headed back to the room after the boy attempted to take a
dip in the pool. After an hour or less, and only using one towel,
we decided to check out and go back to our Phoenix hotel.

The staff was rude and accused us of "using" them to take a swim for free. I booked this room 3 weeks ahead of time and
had no idea we would want to leave. I didn't expect all the money back, but after they argued for 20 minutes gave us half back.
Awful experience and awful part of town. Don't go!!!

Stayed: April 2007