“Nice winter excape!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Meridian, Idaho
“Nice winter excape!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I escaped out of cold Boise Idaho for four days in the beginning of January. Overall we had a fantastic time. The weather was warm and southern Arizona was just beautiful. Also overall the hotel was fantastic. Good location, service, rooms, and food. We will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We asked for a city view and really enjoyed it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LVCRServiceDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review on your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! We have been experiencing excellent weather lately and are glad to hear that Tucson was able to be your 'nice winter escape' from Boise! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
Gonubie, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

What can I say, Loews Ventana Canyon is by far one of the best resorts I have ever stayed at. The Rooms are very nice, clean and very comfortable, The Staff were very professional and the food was excellent. Thank you so much for an awesome experience and I look forward to returning one day with my whole family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AndrewH07
Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful TripAdvisor review! It truly makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will be back to visit us again very soon!
Centerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Beautiful resort, great pool and lovely rooms. A great getaway from the harsh New England winters, the hotel is in a great location with views of the mountains, it brings the outdoors inside. And they have their own Starbucks at the hotel, so convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! We hope you enjoyed your time in Tucson escaping the New England winter weather! Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will be back to visit us on your next trip to sunny Tucson!
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

There is something very special about Loews Ventana Canyon. It is one of my favorite places to stay not just in Tucson, but one of my very favorite places in the country to stay. This is our 5th visit there. We feel very pampered but in a relaxed way. The service is excellent, and I have to agree with JTL58, the staff comes across very natural and relaxed. The food is especially good. My favorite is the Sunday Blues, Brews and BBQ Brunch, but honestly every meal that I have eaten there was very good. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet and the beds are very comfortable. We will be back!

Room Tip: all the rooms that I have stayed in were nice, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LVCRServiceDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We love hearing from our guests and hope to continue to be your favorite place to stay in Tucson! Our culinary staff is incredible and they will all be so pleased to hear your kind words! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope you will be back again very soon to Loews Ventana Canyon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I tend to avoid larger scale resort hotels as being a bit impersonal and when on business don't have much need for the leisure time aspects, but I was impressed. Stayed three nights, food good, rooms large and comfortable. Staff very good indeed - they came over as natural and relaxed. Really, couldn't fault the place as somewhere to relax. Grounds and surroundings impressive and well maintained. I have stayed in places 10x the price that could learn a thing ot two from the team here. Only minor grumble was during a busy check in period they could only muster two staff to deal with a long queue.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
LVCRServiceDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
THANK YOU! What a wonderful TripAdvisor review! We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us from your recent stay at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had a great stay and we hope you will be back to stay with us again the next time you are in Tucson!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

1st time ever staying in this property. The rooms were great with a great view of the mountains. I enjoyed the pool and the food at Bill's. The breakfast buffet had a great selection. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy M
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon as well as the great views and food on property! We hope you will be back to visit us again the next time you are in Tucson!
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recently experienced my 2nd stay at the Loews Ventana Canyon. It had been 13 years since my last stay and like fine wine; the property has aged extremely well. The hotel facilities are updated and very comfortable. The room (I stayed on the 2nd floor) was very nice, private and had a beautiful view of the mountains. The property grounds are rich with mature desert fauna and a setting that provided a tranquil respite. I enjoyed a remarkable hike to the mountain top (take H2O) for some spectacular views from a trailhead that begins at the hotel. Afterwards, the pool and hot tube was equally appreciated.
Most importantly the staff completely exceeded my expectations. Here’s how:
One of the reasons I stayed at the Loews Ventana Canyon was to host a potential client for dinner. After checking into the hotel and dropping my bags in my room, I headed to the main restaurant, The Flying V Bar & Grill to make a reservation for the following night. Unfortunately, the restaurant was completely booked by a conference that was staying at the hotel. Admittedly, I was a little bothered that the hotel didn’t reserve some seating for their hotel guests.
Later that evening I found myself at the main lobby bar and asked the bartender (I apologize for not remembering her name) if there were any other options in the hotel for a nice dinner. The hotel does offer a more casual menu, but that didn’t meet my requirements. The bartender called over the Canyon Café Manager, Paul Reilly and I explained my dilemma. Paul immediately and enthusiastically jumped in to offer a plan that included a special table in the main lobby bar area front and center. He retrieved Chef Eric Catalano who came out from the kitchen and discussed a menu. Eric suggested a custom menu that would appeal to each person in our party. His attitude was that “whatever you want, you’ll get”. So working with Paul and Eric we developed a reasonably priced, fantastic 4 course menu with wine pairing.
The next evening they absolutely delivered. Eric was waiting on us with a reserved table decoratively set and beautifully positioned to take advantage of the evening sun fading away against the Catalina Mountains.
Sous Chef Tyler Lapotosky came out to great us, previewing each course. The food was fantastic, the meeting was extremely productive and I’m extremely grateful for everyone efforts.
I typically stay at nice hotels and frequent fine dining restaurants. My expectations are high and not very often exceeded.

Loews Ventana Canyon offers fabulous amenities, wonderful landscaping and unparalleled views. In my experience, their biggest asset is the employee’s attitude and commitment to ensure their guests have an extraordinary experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us at Loews Ventana Canyon!! We are so pleased to hear that our staff went above & beyond to make such a memorable experience for you and your clients! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and we will definitely be sharing your kind words with Paul, Chef Eric , Sous Chef Tyler and our senior management! Thank you again so much for your incredible review and for choosing Loews Ventana Canyon! We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!!