“Absolutely marvelous!!!”

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Without question one of the finest places we have vacationed. We were here 3 nights. Our breakfast server Danielle was wonderful. She was so knowledgable about the area. Our room was great and service throughout the resort was exceptional.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a nice resort with a friendly, helpful staff. The staff at this Loews were far more helpful than the staff at the resort we went next (and paid 2* the price!) in Scottsdale.
Room was nice size
Pool area is nice - October is a great month for pool lounging in Tucson.
Food was great - We had room service breakfast and it was excellent - Would HIGHLY recommend the "Granola/yogurt Banana Split" (called something like that on the room service menu, LOL). Anyways, it's excellent, had it both days I was there.
Well done to the staff at Loews Ventana, See you again next time I'm in Tucson area for sure.

Room Tip: We had Grand room (believe that's what it's called). Nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My experience at Loews Lakeside spa was just ok. The receptionist was friendly & gave me a tour. The fitness center was pretty well equipped with nice views of the pool & surroundings. I found the spa to be messy & not super clean. There were towels, robes & slippers laying around for about 2 hours & dirty combs with hair in them. I found the pool area to be disappointing. No real view to speak of and golf carts racing by right next to it. Perhaps the hotel is better but, I would not visit this spa again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

On my recent stay I took a hard fall on the tennis court. I was sitting in the lobby and a server named Laney noticed I was in some pain, brought me an ice bag, pillow and had a garbage can of ice delivered to my room so I could take an ice bath. She even contacted the Spa and set up a massage for me the next day. The kicker is that she did all of this on her own without me ever saying a word.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It is such a beautiful property. We absolutely loved the grounds and feeding the enormous coy in the pond as well as touring the butterfly garden and waterfall. The staff were all amazing. There are so many planned activities to chose from. The band on Saturday night was wonderful and the Sunday Blues Brews and BBQ brunch was to die for! The management has truly thought of everything!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a week long business trip to Tucson. I brought my wife along since it was our wedding anniversary. The hotel and staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms and views were magnificent. We had dinner at the Flying V most nights and breakfast at the Canyon Cafe each morning. My wife also had lunch at the Canyon Cafe while I was working. Her waitress Danelle was very friendly and helpful and made my wife feel very welcome.

This is a fantastic hotel in a fantastic location, and we visited at a great time of the year (October).

My wife and I both had a wonderful time, we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had an excellent weekend - staff goes above and beyond. Best facial I have ever had and great music on Saturday night with the band Giant Blue. Alisha is a great waitress - can't say enough good things about her. Hotel is a bit dated in decor but they make up for it in their service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family