“An Excellent Experience”

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort this week and experienced excellent service, in all areas. One food service employee, Annette was a standout. her service was efficient, polite and exceptional. I witnessed her pampering in several food service venues and she was consistant.

Room Tip: Loews has wonderful views from all angles. Mountains to the north and the city to the south.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed two nights July 2013. From the time we checked in, until the time we checked out; I was very impressed with not only the resort, but the excellent customer service provided by almost every employee at this resort, especially Taten and Sapphire at the front desk.

Our double deluxe room did not have a refrigerator in it, but I called down to the front desk, and one was delivered to my room within 30 minutes; free of charge.

The bathtub was so large, it could probably accommodate 6 people. The Kurig coffee maker was a nice touch too. The room was spacious, and very quiet. We were there over a holiday weekend and we did not hear anyone else around us. We ate at 3 of the restaurants on site, and the food was delicious at each one. We ran out of time to attend the Sunday brunch, but it looked amazing!

This was our first experience with Loews, and it was a very family friendly (and pet friendly) resort. The lush grounds; cleanliness of the resort, as well as the excellent food and customer service will have us coming back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am a birder but my wife and kids like to tough it out by the pool. You can bag both here at Loews Ventana in style. My son swam in the pool all day with his cousins and I walked to the waterfalls and watched broad-billed hummingbirds, verdins, and Cactus Wrens... My wife recommends the Chicken Taco Salad - I liked the thunder Canyon Amber :) The hotel in at a beautiful site at the base of the Catalinas and have maintained amazing gardens. I was bummed out that quite a few poolside Mesquite trees were cut down this year leaving less shaded habitat for birds and people. Oh, The Sunday brunch is pretty amazing, too. If you are served by Alisha in the Cascade Lounge request a magic trick :)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Recently my wife and I had a weekend stay at Loews Ventana in Tucson on June 28th and 29th of 2013. The first night was just us and the kids (8 & 6 years old) joined us the 2nd night. It was super fun.. and we were pampered with a great room.

We had a wonderful experience and an awesome outstanding dinner at the Flying V.

The kids really really enjoyed coming and loved the pool. My boy specificially loved the basketball hoop that he and I could play at.

The room was wonderful too and it worked out well for both nights.... and accomidated the kids well the next day.

We will definitely stay again at Loews Ventana.

Travis Williams

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MarketingSlsGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had both some alone time with your wife, followed by family time. Please do come back soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This property has something for everyone! Impeccable service, magnifacent grounds, the food is never ordinary (must try the brunch!), the activities are never ending and you cannot help but relax once you set your eyes on it. The views are breathtaking and the local area has even more jewels - the wildlife & hiking is close by and plentiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the gem of a review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that your family enjoyed your stay at Loews Ventana Canyon, the setting the service and the food. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love this place. An oasis in the desert, set in the foothills of the Santa Catalina mountains. Each vista is stunning, and the service matches the views.
Great hospitality and an attentive staff that went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. There is plenty to do if you want, from relaxing by the pool, working out in the spa, or dancing to a great jazz band and the food is beyond excellent, the Sunday brunch is over the top great!
I will be going back and I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this resort over a year ago and decided to encourage my family to come to Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. We arrived from all over the states with approximately 150 guests on July 1st- 6th. IT WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL AND AMAZING EXPERIENCE IN EVERY DETAIL! My thanks to a very efficient and well-trained staff. The front desk accommodated my family's needs with expertise and courtesy. Restaurant had excellent food, health services/spa services were great! The room views of mountains and city so relaxing and breathtaking. THE WATERFALL AND NATURE TRAIL IS A GREAT ASSET TO BEAUTY OF THIS RESORT!!

Gloria H- Tx.

Room Tip: City view in the grand suite room my preference.
1  Thank gloria h

We were so honored to host your family reunion at Loews Ventana Canyon. Thank you for chosing Loews and for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We hope you will come back for a visit in the futire.