“Very easy and effortless family vacation”

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed at Loews Ventana Canyon with my husband and toddler. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. We stayed over a holiday weekend so there were many activities for every age. Once of my favorite conveniences was the poolside service. Everything could be ordered from cocktails to dessert. I found that nice since I was keeping both eyes on my toddler around the pool. The rooms were nice and there was a pack-n-play set up with toiletries for our child upon arrival to our room. There were a few different restaurants so you don't ever need to leave the property if you don't want to. My husband took advantage of the golf course and said it was beautiful, while I took advantage of the spa. The classic facial was amazing! The best facial I have ever had.
The only thing I wish they had were microwaves in the room. My toddler doesn't do well with all table foods and I found it a slight inconvenience that we were not able to heat up some ready-made toddler meals for our child. Other than that small complaint, I would definitely return here for a family vacation. I love how is it secluded deep into the Catalina mountains just North of Tucson.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MarketingSlsGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your families recent stay at Loews Ventana Canyon. You captured so well the experience we are trying to create for our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed the pool, golf and spa service. I passed your comments about the microwave along to senior management. Please come back soon.
Mark Lindsey

There are newer reviews for Loews Ventana Canyon Resort

Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a beautiful resort! Complete with a friendly, hospitable staff! Special shout-out to Michael at the front desk. - thank you so very much for the hook up! :o) Our view was absolutely wonderful! We will certainly be returning anytime we're going to be spending some time in Tucson. Thank you Lowe's Ventana Canyon!

Room Tip: Ask for Michael at the front desk! He knows what's up!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was the venue for a Tucson Jazz Society concert featuring Gabriel Ayala. We arrived a couple of hours early so that we could have an opportunity to visit this beautiful property. Nestled on the foothills mountains, the view from this hotel is wonderful. We had a cocktail and proceeded to the ballroom where the concert took place. Gabriel Ayala and his quintet entertained us for a few hours and we only wish we had actually taken advantage of the special package the hotel offered so that we would have spent the night instead of driving one hour to get home. We will definitely consider doing so for the next concert.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for attending the Summer Concert Series; Gabriel Ayalia is extremely talented. The next Summer Concert is July 5th and there are going to be special Jazz Packages available. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Mark Lindsey

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband decided to take me to this place for our Memorial Weekend getaway, and must I say...this is definitely a 5 star resort. Everyone was extremely courteous here, their service is top peak, and cleanliness is superb. I usually am very cautious of bathing in the tubs provided by hotels, but this resort's tub is squeaky clean and fits about...3-4 of me! Yes, it is THAT huge!!!

Their swimming pool is big and separates into the main pool, the jacuzzi and waterfall area. Also, since it was the weekend of a holiday, it was packed with events!

My husband isn't a person for crowded areas so we decided to go to the second pool area which is by the spa and tennis area. It's an adult only area and very quite and relaxing!!!

Their hike to the waterfall is also very easy and fun, we got up at 6am to get there and it's paved all the way, so I'd like to think it's wheelchair accessible if needed be.

Long story short, I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone! My husband and I will be coming back to this resort again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I selected this hotel late at night after Googling "pet friendly hotel Tucson". My brother had been in a serious car accident and I needed to get on the road from California and had to be able to take my dog with me.

Not only is this hotel pet friendly, they are just plain friendly. They went out of their way to take care of us during this difficult time...got us in to our room early, extended our stay without fuss (although they did lock us out of our room the day we were supposed to check out...lol).

I would recommend this hotel to people with or without pets...service is superb, the hotel is quiet and the shower head is to die for! I am sure there are lots of activities for vacation trips...the golf course certainly looked beautiful and the movie night that was held poolside on Friday seemed to be a great treat and well attended.

For us, this trip was made so much less stressful thanks to the great service and care shown by every single staff member we encountered. Thank you Loews team!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, recommend asking for a room on the "right side" of the hotel as you loo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We loved the hotel. It is nested in the foothills with spectacular views. Check in was courteous and welcoming. Our room was spacious and had a nice quiet balcony. It contained a small fridge. We enjoyed the large main pool as well as the adult pool near the spa. The walk at the back of the hotel to the waterfall is lovely. The hotel organizes an early morning hike in the canyon, great experience with a knowledgeable guide. Buffet breakfast was $20pp. There is a Starbucks on site as well.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Following up to the beer garden dinner Loews hosted with Dragoon Brewing Co. on April 5 2013. Food, atmosphere and service were top notch. $50 for all you can eat and drink (from a local brewery)? And this isn't your typical buffet food...dry aged prime strip steak was just one of the items on the menu. Would definitely recommend eating on-site if you stay...or make the drive just for the incredible food!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends