“Wonderful Stay”

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My sister and I recently spent 3 nights at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort and this wasn't long enough! Now we wished we would have stayed the whole week. It is a beautiful resort nestled in the mountain, blending in with the landscape. We had a gorgeous view of the mountain from our patio. There were secluded paths to walk behind the resort, dotted with sonoran desert cacti and plants. One path led to a waterfall, an unexpected vista in the desert! The staff was very friendly and engaging, making us feel welcomed. Breakfast each morning at the Cafe was delicious. We didn't get to enjoy the pool or other amenities as we drove south to bird watch on two of our days, but we will definitely stay longer during our next visit to enjoy all this great resort has to offer.

There are newer reviews for Loews Ventana Canyon Resort

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I travel all over the world. To some really, really nice places. And I have to say that my favorite destination of all, when it comes to fun and relaxation is Ventana Canyon Resort. I have been several times and just recently took my 16 year old there for spring break for golf! I have never met a friendlier staff who genuinely care about you. Believe me, I will be back many, many times! It is absolutely heaven on earth. Thank you Loews Ventana Canyon Resort!!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spent a wonderful weekend at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort and they treated us like royalty.
From check in with Darby and Michael at the front desk, to the ultra friendly and accommodating Mary at the pool bar, we were so well taken care of and pampered the whole stay. Let me tell you about Sunday brunch and blues music. Executive chef, Ken Hardy personally greeted us and helped us navigate the huge selection of scrumptious food and drinks. A two piece blues band played while we enjoyed all you can drink micro brew and mimosas! There were 6 of us and everyone in our party was raving about the special feeling of this place. The rooms were nice, the setting is perfect and the staff is wonderful. Folks, this place is the whole package! ,

1  Thank RUBYLANTANNA
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I just spent five days at the Loews Ventana Canyon resort and absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful property and the customer service is among the best we have experienced. The staff were all friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Our room was quite comfortable. We particularly enjoyed the terrace and the fabulous oversized bath/shower combo in the bathroom. It was the deepest tub I have ever seen in a hotel! Favorite experiences included taking the trail walk behind the hotel to see the waterfall on the property, visiting the spa, eating at the poolside Bill's Grill, enjoying the many amenities at the pool, and experiencing a touch of Old Hollywood at an outdoor showing of film noir classic "Double Indemnity." All in all, a wonderful, peaceful, and relaxing place to stay!

1  Thank Arlington87
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The TV show Cheers had a saying at the opening. "You want a place where ever one knows your name". Loews delivers just that. From check in to checkout we were called by name by some of the most friendly and attentative staff we have ever met. We had the pleasure to be guests in the hotel for four days mid April 2013 trying to escape winters last gasp in the north. The venue is spectacular being nestled in the mountains with the buildings blending into the surrounding countryside. The golf courses are second to none and are within walking distance from the lobby. If your a tennis buff there are numerous courts. Trails on the grounds are an easy walk with guided nature tours on Saturday and Wednesday. Sabino Canyon and other trails are a short drive away. Everything was clean from rooms to pools. Food was great at the three restaurants we tried on site. What impresses is the peace and quiet. While the venue is spectacular, it is the staff that make the experience. Relax and enjoy being pampered.

Room Tip: Choose a king room with a mountain view on an upper floor with an eastern exposure. This will give...
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my first visit to Loews in Tucson and it was a last minute planned trip. I had family visit and I wanted them to enjoy the scenery that I know Tucson has to offer. I've stayed at some of the other resorts in Tucson and have pretty high expectations with this city's various resorts. I can start by saying that the three days we spent at Loews was nothing short of fantastic. My parents said they had an absolute wonderful time with their stay, and as long as they were happy, I was happy.

At first I was afraid I made a bad choice because the rooms were not what we expected. I paid for an upgraded room with a full bath. My room was a handicap room (no bath) and the balcony basically gave us a view of the parking lot. I called the front desk and simply asked if we could get different rooms. The help desk was very polite and had us in better rooms in about 30 minutes. Our new rooms had the full baths and the view was much better because we were on the top floor and could see out over the golf course and the city.

All the staff we encountered was polite, professional, and very helpful with any and all request. The scenery was fantastic, there are a few trails in the immediate vicinity that let you get up close and personal with desert. These trails are very easy to walk, have a beautiful waterfall and plenty of small wildlife that you may come across. My parents are not from the area and enjoyed the trails because they had plenty of descriptive cards for all the plants and animals from the region. They are nature enthusiast and really enjoyed that aspect. There are also harder trails that you can hike in the canyon if you are feeling adventurous. I did part of that and got a great opportunity to enjoy some hiking and great scenery, definitely recommend this for hikers and anyone wanting to get off the beaten path. Just be prepared with the right shoes, water, and whatever else you may need.

I played the 18 hole Vetana golf course and was treated with one of the most visually stunning and pristine golf courses I've ever encountered. Every single hole was picture worthy. The greens were fast and the fairways were near flawless. This course is as challenging as it is beautiful. The course is relatively expensive for the area, but you get what you pay for and I believe this course is worth the extra buck.

We spent one afternoon relaxing by the pool and snacked at the poolside grill. Once again the staff on hand was great and the food from grill was fantastic. I had a Sonoran hotdog and waffle fries that were delicious.

Two of the nights we ate at the Flying V restaurant (separate review) and all four of us were treated to some of the best dining out food we've ever had. Like the golf, this restaurant was a little pricey but absolutely worth every penny.

Room Tip: Top floors give the best view whether you face the city (parking lot side) or the poolside. The lowe...
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I spent two days at Loews Ventana this week. We found the resort to be the very best we have ever stayed at. The employees were all top notch, friendly and helpful. From check-in to check-out, everyone treated us as royalty. The accomodations were first rate with comfortable beds in spacious rooms that were beautifully decorated. The views from the room of the Santa Catalina Mountains were spectacular. We went on a hike as well as prowling the golf course and nature trail. We saw numerous bird species as well as a pair of nesting peregrine falcons. The pool had salt water instead of chloronated water and was so comfortable. The pool personal were very attentive to any needs. We ate at the Flying V restaurant one night and the food was absolutely top of the line. Excellent fresh salmon, perfectly done filet mignon, scrumptous deserts and all served with excellent and friendly service. Breakfast at their other restaurant was superb while we had a beautiful mountain view. The views of the mountain waterfall from our romm was gorgeous and watching the fish in the water at the falls in front of the resort was a special addition.The resort is very relaxing and was the perfect place to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. I would recommend Loews Ventana to anyone for an experience that will keep you coming back. A rating of excellent on all counts still does not do our stay justice. It was better.

Room Tip: If you like the mountains ask for a room with that view. If you prefer a city view ask for one with...