Went for a girlfriend getaway and was so impressed. Have stayed at some wonderful properties throughout the world and this ranks in my top 10 for service and amenities. We stayed in a grand room with a mountain view. Nicely appointed. Nice covered patio. Huge bath tub/shower. I asked for a fridge to be brought up and it was done, no charge. In fact, every request I had, whether large or small, was done efficiently and with care. Everyone from the bellmen, to the front desk, to foodservers, and spa staff treated us with respectful and friendly kindness. They obviously train their staff well there.
Used a LOT of the facilities. Did the par course to warm up for a hike (more on that later), swam in the pool by the spa (if you like a quieter, no kids pool experience, this one is for you!). Had a wonderful service at the spa. They waive the $10 day use fee when you have a treatment. There were dry and moist saunas in the locker rooms. The fitness facility is there also and offers a variety of classes each week (I even emailed them ahead of my stay and asked for the weekly schedule and had a reply within a day!)
The jacuzzi by the main pool was nice and warm with strong jets. Was surprised there were not more jets for how big it was. There were water features there and throughout the property. The waterfall was nice, but not lit well for nighttime viewing.
They had a business center which offered free access to print boarding passes and complimentary useage for 15 minutes for guests (must swipe your credit card first.) The variety of shops was nice as well.
Ate breakfast in the Canyon Cafe. They had the option of a buffet so we tried it. Oscar made us wonderful omeletes. Good variety of foods to choose from. Service good. Sat outside in the shade. Beautiful way to start the day.
We also hiked the Ventana Trail to the Maiden Pools. The trailhead is just through the parking lot. How convenient and how nice to be at a resort that is up against the mountain. Quieter and more beautiful because of that!
If I had only a few suggestions, they would be the following:
1. For a resort of this quality, I would have expected extra long, extra fluffy towels. I have better towels at home. Their bedding was nice. Why not their towels?
2. They should let people know if they are staying on the 4th floor west wing that it does not "attach" to the main building. Easy to get lost at first. The 2nd and 3rd floors go through no problem.
I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews