We recently were at the resort for a 3 day wedding.
- spacious and clean rooms
- great views from the 4th floor
- Excellent service all around - room staff, maid service, cafeteria staff, health club/spa.
- huge resort property in a beautiful location.
Not so great
- a forced 20% gratuity resort fee on most services, $8/water bottle.
- Wireless internet access is charged in the room, but is free in the lobby
- less shelf space inside the suites for a 4 person family.
The resort is great for families and you will find many retirees and golf lovers.
The registration desk attendent upgraded us to a suite on the 4th floor for the 2 adults and 2 kids. Since we got a group discount, the rate was unbeatable in the high season. So it was an excellent value. I would have typically paid thrice as much.
The wedding was in the ballrooms which were spacious.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. My pre-teen son cut his finger. They sent their security person (Dennis) in a few minutes with a huge bag of medicines and first aid. Dennis was very friendly, put my son at ease and gave him some first aid. He also left us some tips about local medical services. The room staff was great. The staff helped in decorating the ballrooms for the wedding events and service was overall great during the reception. The concierge was ever helpful with tips about local areas. I had to buy shoes at the last minute and they gave me the best options in the local area.The TV service was down for a while, so I called up the front desk. They sent the service engineer in minutes. The maid service was good, but did not go beyond changing the linen and bathroom. They didnt go as far as setting aside the messy rooms we left behind in a hurry.
We visited the fitness club every day. It opens at 6am - wish it was earlier. They also charge a $10/day/room charge for using the facilities. The gym has basic weight training equipment and treadmills. The swimming pools are quite popular. These days many resorts are charging fees, which are hidden costs. They do have classes for separate fee.My wife had her hair styled and loved the service. But there is a 20% 'resort fee' to cover gratuity, be aware. There is a nice Ventana canyon trail right behind the resort and you can pick up maps from the concierge. you can do a 4 hr hike in the backcountry to the top of the mountains for an excellent view of Tucson. This also means you might run into wild boars and other wild life in the backyard.
Wireless is charged at $10 per day but you can go to the huge lobby area where wireless is free. The signal is stronger near the bar, so find a table near it.There is a business desk which charges for internet access and print/fax services if you don't have a computer.
They also charge for daily parking. All these charges can add up quickly.
There is a pharmacy and strip mall on Kolb & Sunrise right outside the resort for basic supplies and major groceries stores 5 min drive away.
I had stayed in Tucson for 2 yrs and had heard about this resort, but didnt know it was this good. I would definitely return to this resort for a relaxing family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews