“Amazing hotel, beware all the hidden charges!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
York, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel, beware all the hidden charges!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel is amazing, the scenary/staff/weather/facilities/rooms all fantastic.

The food is good, not great, but there are a lot of very nice restaurants in the local vicinity.

So on to the additional charges that as a paying hotel guest I would expect to be inclusive:
Parking (circa $8-10 nightly)
Gym/Spa use (without having any treatments, seperately charged and expensive) - $10 per visit
Wifi $10 per day

Anyway I dont want to put anyone off, the hotel really is worth it - the views are incredible.

Room Tip: Balconies overlooking the bar/pool can be a little noisy, only until 8pm though!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank claire_moor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Perfect place to stay. You must experience this place. Outstanding grounds! Plenty to do or just relax. The food is the very finest cuisine. Beautiful rooms, great views, comfy beds, fabulous bathrooms...take a bath! Excellent staff

Room Tip: just request a quite room..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ittybittyboo
Haltom City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I needed a vacation bad.. I looked online on the morning of a Saturday.. and booked Loews that night and Sunday night. Rentals cars were cheap, we felt it was worth it.
When we got to the resort we were happy. Cactus, friendly service, and a nice environment. Room was spacius for us and wonderful, huge bathtub, comfortable robes and plenty of activities laid out ever 2 hours. Only thing over priced was the alcohol but we went to a grocery store down the road for that.. Even the food was just a few bucks above norm, it was nice.
Looking for a couples retreat? Go to Loews! ;)

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We flew into Phoenix and drove directly to Loews for a few days then back to Phoenix for four more days. My wife and I were celebrating my 40th. I am a long time Starwood member and actually had The Westin La Paloma booked - I cancelled the same as I have never stayed at a Loews property. We had a good stay here - the room was clean and spacious with a relaxing view of the gardens and mountainside. If there was one thing I would do in the bathroom it would be to change the shower heads immediately. It is a nice bathroom until you get into the shower. It has nowhere near enough pressure and is old and dirty.

We enjoyed happy hour nightly in the lounge. It had excellent appetizers which came in large amounts. The chicken Quesidilla ( spelling ? ) were outstanding. It was very relaxing with a nice view. We went here every night. Although when we arrived on Saturday the hotel seemed busy - after that it emptied out and it felt like we had it to ourselves.

We golfed Dove Mountain and Ventana Canyon while we were there. Both courses were outstanding and they did not dissapoint.

I was happy with this property - It did not WOW me or anything but I would consider staying here again if I was back in the area. The one thing that was discouraging is that my wife sent an email prior to our arrival in regards to my Birthday celebration and she received no response whatsoever. It was not that big of a deal but she was more upset than I that they could not have made it a little more special.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and were happy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Oro Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson AZ is one of the best resorts we
have stayed in. We took our extended family with multiple rooms and
stayed over the July 4th weekend. The location is beautiful and the
rooms spacious with great views. The pool area is fantastic and the
restaurants were great. We especially enjoyed the table side Guacamole
at the Flying V! We stayed busy with all the outdoor activities from
golf to hiking to evening movies by the pool.
The best part of the stay was the terrific staff! Great service made
our stay a wonderful experience and we will be back again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank orovalleypeach
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

This resort gave a significant discount to people who were evacuated from the fire in Sierra Vista/Hereford. We had such a wonderful stay. The employees were the best part. They were friendly and so service-oriented. I loved all the little extras they had all over the place. The sunblock available at the pool, along with different fresh flavored ice waters, treats for the kids, etc. They really went the extra mile to help us have a wonderful time. Also, the restaurant there is wonderful! We had the best breakfast there. During such a stressful time, their top notch service service was very much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband booked us an over night stay at the resort for our one year anniversary. Though I've lived in Tucson most of my life, I've never been there. I was in awe from the beauty of the place. We, initially, got a rom with a poor view, so my husband called the front desk. They upgraded us to a suite over looking the pool and an amazing view of the mountains, with only a small additional cost. I read poor reviews about their restaurant the flying V, but we chose to see for ourselves. Again...an excellent experience, with amazing food and wonderful service! My husband called the next morning to request a late check out, so we could spend time at the pool and had no problems. My husband and I do not have money to spend like this, except for special occasions, and I must say, it was well worth the expense. I would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2011