“Basic Stay basic price”

Ranked #63 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona, USA
“Basic Stay basic price”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

was going to see a midnight movie and didnt want to deal with getting home, the hotel was close to theater and good deal. Picked this location because there is a great diner across the street "Brawley's", real breakfast real coffee and under $5. DO NOT eat at the Denny's 30min- 2 hour wait for food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Paul C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Rented a room for the weekend to be close to my husband that is in the hospital. I have two 1 year old toddlers so I asked for a clean non smoking room. Got room #144, not only did it smell like cigarettes but there was a beer left in the refrigerator. The walls had holes, the rug was black, and the bathroom was the most disgusting thing I have EVER SEEN!! They put us in the room that was directly in front of a huge construction dumpster and the back door leading to the pool was broke. The man at the front desk was beyond rude and didn't care about my disaffection. He got mad when I wanted my money back and no longer wanted to stay there. He told me I would be refunded in 1 day... a week later... I was still charged for the room! I'm am absolutely LIVID about the lack of professionalism these people have! Not only did I get charged... But I was also removed from their system. Whoever is running this place should be ashamed!! I WILL be turning them to the BBB!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ashlee C
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Tucson East, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi Ashlee, Thanks for taking a moment and sharing your review of our La Quinta Inn Tucson - East. We're sorry about the issues you experienced during your short time with us. Both the cleanliness and service issues are quite concerning to us as neither should have happened to you. We have much higher standards to which we hold our teams accountable, and we'll be sharing your feedback with our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams so they too can read and immediately take action regarding your comments. We'd like to speak with you regarding your specific experience. Would you mind reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks again for your time, and we're hoping to hear from you soon!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This property is at the intersection of E Broadway (major east-west artery) and S Wilmot (busy north-south street). Next door is a 24-hour CVS, on the other is a Denny's. Across S Wilmot is Park Place Mall, a major shopping and dining mall. Within a one-mile radius of LQ, you'll be able to meet the majority of your dining, shopping, banking and movie needs.

This is an older property, with exterior corridors. All ground floor rooms have a sliding patio door facing the pool. There are partitions separating the individual patios, chairs are provided. The pool was heated -- surprise! -- which allowed me to swim first thing in the morning. There were chair lifts next to the pool and jacuzzi, very considerate. My room was located in the back, possibly because I was staying a week. It faced a residential block, so it was very quiet. Although other guests arrived during that time, the rooms on either side of mine remained empty. I booked a double-double and it was sufficiently spacious. The mattress and linens were comfortable; towels were functional. Housekeeping staff was amazing -- I never once heard a cart rolling around, yet my room was tidied every day. The breakfast spread is the LQ standard: waffles, coffee, tea, juices, boiled eggs, bagels & cream cheese, muffin assortment, bread assortment, cold cereal (three varieties), oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. Everything was fresh daily, and a staffer constantly tidied up the counters and tables.

My only knock on this property is the indifference of the front desk staff -- definitely below the LQ norm. When I tried to check in, I had to call out several times before someone came out of the office behind the registration desk. One morning, I needed directions but had to wait until the two clerks finished discussing a "difficult" guest. (Hunh, I hope it wasn't me...) The exception is Dorian, who works graveyard during the week. He understands customer service and makes you feel appreciated. If you need driving directions, touring suggestions or just want to say "Hey!", be sure to stop by the front desk between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the back, the wing parallel to E Broadway. Room numbers should be in the 130's an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Julie H
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is, hands down, the filthiest place I've ever stayed. We got a handful of rooms for a convention. A few of the rooms were tolerable (nothing fancy, outdated interior, gross bathrooms, greasy looking stains all over all the doors and walls). Carpet is filthy... so much so I always kept socks on. 2 of the rooms were DISGUSTING. One smelled like a giant ashtray, had dust everywhere and the bathroom door didn't close. Asked for a new room and were immdiatly told they were booked but that they would do a "smell treatment" and that the room wasn't supposed to be a smoking room even though there was an ashtray on the end table. One of our other rooms smelled like dirty feet and urine. We were also told they would do a "smell treatment" on that room. When we returned, both rooms still smelled. We were able to get another room to replace the smokey dusty room even though they were "all booked".

Supposedly this place is in the beginning of renovations. There is caution tape everywhere, disgusting vents filled with mystery lint in the out door walkways, cigarette butts litering the property, the pool is taped off and being torn up, all of the breezeways and doors are FILTHY. The bathroom in my room is dirty (walls are brown, black specks...mold? on my bathroom ceiling. No joke, if I wasn't stuck here for work I would have ran the other way the moment I stepped on the property. The place is so gross I can't imagine how a simple renovation will do it justice. It has suffered from serious neglect for what appears to be a long long time.

Room Tip: The reviews are consistently poor for this place. Run the other way!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Boo968
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Tucson East, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We've read the comments you've made regarding our La Quinta Inn Tucson - East. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. It is quite concerning to us the number of cleanliness issues you've mentioned in your review, and we'd like to chat with you further about what you've said. We're hoping our upcoming facelift will help improve our guests' experiences and we're sorry for any inconvenience that may cause in the short term. Would you mind though reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com so we may discuss your personal experience? We're hoping to hear from you soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The worst La Quinta ever. Not much of a breakfast and what was there was cold except for the waffle. No refrigerator in the room, the room was old and out of date, tile in the bathroom on the floor was cracked and not clean. The plug ins were loose and could not get any plugs to stay plugged in. Best thing to do is doze this place down and build a new one !!!! Randy

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank Leigh R
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Tucson East, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thanks for your review of our La Quinta Inn Tucson - East. We're sorry about the issues you've mentioned, and we're very concerned about the remarks you've made. The issues in the room you've mentioned - especially the cracked tile and loose plugs - are ones we would like our Maintenance team to repair. We'll also share your feedback with our Housekeeping staff so they are able to improve. We'd like to chat with you directly about your time with us so we can ensure repairs are made to the room in which you stayed. Would you reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks again for your time and we're looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Typical older LaQuinta. Bed was newer which was nice! I had asked to be put in a quiet room but we found ourselves in an corner that everyone had to pass to get through. Made for noisy night as people checked in really late. We could also hear street racing going on. Guy at the front desk was very nice and cheerful. Breakfast was normal but so crowded when we went that we ended up leaving.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple